Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Skadoo

Posted Tue Nov 28th, 2006 8:08pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
I'm so glad this thread exists, and I'm also glad I'm not the only one who thinks that episode where Jeeves kept getting hit on by the American women was just precious!

Zefla

Posted Tue Nov 28th, 2006 9:35pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
well Mr Laurie can play piano.

from wikipedia ' Laurie is a skilled musician. He can play the piano, guitar and harmonica.'

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hugh_Laurie

doesn't say anything about Mr Fry's musical talents so I'm guessing the cut shots were because he can't play.

Kari

Posted Wed Nov 29th, 2006 12:04am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Stephen plays the piano. He does. But Hugh openly says he's better than Stephen.

AxmxZ

Posted Wed Nov 29th, 2006 12:29am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
For that matter, Stephen openly says Hugh is better than Stephen and calls him names while he does so.

MinervaMoon

Posted Wed Nov 29th, 2006 5:33am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
That was an ace episode. You can watch Jeeves painting the town red on youtube.

Ok. Having internet access at work is a terrible idea, really. Although seeing Jeeves in gloves and hat put me in a much better mood! Also, anyone know if the bit at the end with Hugh and Stephen playing together is real? I'd love to assume (given that they both play piano) that that's really them tickling the ivories, but the tricky camera work makes me suspect otherwise.
Stephen is teh suck at the piano (but I don't hold it against him).

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Wed Nov 29th, 2006 9:07am Post subject: Fry-A-Day

That was an ace episode. You can watch Jeeves painting the town red on youtube.

It's weird to see Jeeves have fun. With girls.

amyl-nitrate: unfortunately IT have barred access to youtube... (well, does make sense though)

Oh well, Fryphile, it was only fiction! But I can tell you, going out with a gay guy is a lot more fun than with a straight guy (I am probably traumatised), as they are so much more sensitive and you can tell them things you could not tell a straight guy as it would sound all peculiar. AND you (as a girl) know where you are standing from the start – so, no false hopes, just a fun night out. (And they don´t even mind if you forget that they are gay and start flirting with them… how sweet is that) :-//

Kari

Posted Wed Nov 29th, 2006 9:34am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
I LOVE gay men who are like that. And they tend to be wonderful party animals too. But I just find they tend to be a lot more accepting. Mostly because they went through crap coming out. Either way. I find I love them muchly.

Soupy Twist

Posted Wed Nov 29th, 2006 9:40am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Me too. I´m happy and honoured to have the best of best friends (gay) whom I love dearly. It´s just as if we were kind of soulmates and somehow connected.
I couldn´t imagine a life without him.

Kari

Posted Wed Nov 29th, 2006 12:12pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Whenever it gets late at night I find myself reading about Matthew Sheppard and Gwen Araujo and other hate crimes. It makes me sad and angry and just... Disillusioned. How can ANYONE... want to kill someone for who they fall in love with?

I found the Westboro Baptist Church website. And I've never had as big an angry ranting raving crying breakdown.

Why do people HURT one another?

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Wed Nov 29th, 2006 2:36pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
I think we should put in an official request with Fryphile for a "leering" Jeeves. Or at least something that looks like he's plotting.

GET THAT ARSE

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Wed Nov 29th, 2006 3:13pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

GET THAT ***

HEHEHEEEE (naughty Jeeves...)

Skadoo

Posted Wed Nov 29th, 2006 7:27pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Whenever it gets late at night I find myself reading about Matthew Sheppard and Gwen Araujo and other hate crimes. It makes me sad and angry and just... Disillusioned. How can ANYONE... want to kill someone for who they fall in love with?

I found the Westboro Baptist Church website. And I've never had as big an angry ranting raving crying breakdown.

You know those freaks at Westboro have taken up the practice of picketing at the funerals of soldiers who died in Iraq...somehow in their twisted minds their deaths are the result of "the gays". Sick isn't it? Stuff like that makes me quite ashamed of my country

amyl_nitrate

Posted Wed Nov 29th, 2006 8:01pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
[quote="Gerti"]
Whee naughty Jeeves!

FryPhile can we see any pictures of Jeeves wearing his 'black sleeve thingies' pwease? *wide eyed and hopeful*

You know those freaks at Westboro have taken up the practice of picketing at the funerals of soldiers who died in Iraq...somehow in their twisted minds their deaths are the result of "the gays". Sick isn't it? Stuff like that makes me quite ashamed of my country

People like that make me angry. I can't understand how any can hate someone else and want to hurt them based on something like their sexuality or the colour of their skin or religion or anything like that. We live in a terrible world. Homophobia is still going strong in our schools, according to my sister where it's considered repulsive. These prejudiced people make me sick.

Assuming direct control...

Soupy Twist

Posted Wed Nov 29th, 2006 8:08pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

I´ve heard about Matthew Sheppard and Westboro Baptist Church. But those things don´t only happen in the states but anywhere in this world, and it seems to get worse. I´m ashamed of mankind. One should have imagined that after gay people were killed in Nazi concentration camps people would have learned something.
It pains me that people who never did any harm to anybody and who just want to live their lives in peace and quiet get hurt by self-appointed and intolerant moralists. There´s no answer to that, only tears.:'(

It makes me despair and really scares me that so much hatred derives from a false understanding of religion and belief by people who claim to be in the possession of truth. Belief without love makes you fanatic

Kari

Posted Wed Nov 29th, 2006 11:31pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Just what GOD would want people to kill one another? It doesn't make sense. No God would hate people for who they fall in love with.
Besides. I'm an atheist. And I don't think people should be murdered because SOME people say THEY'RE God hates them. And how is picketing going to make a positive difference? It doesn't. It makes people angry and sad and hurt. That won't change if they're GAY. And it won't make their families rally behind the Westboro Baptist Church's cause. It'll make them angry. and MORE resolute to stand up for themselves. They're so petty.