Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Jan 10th, 2008 7:03pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
She looks so happy in those pictures. *jealous* I wanna be nom nom nommed. :'( :-//

Assuming direct control...

LilyG

Posted Thu Jan 10th, 2008 9:41pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
I just saw this last night; wowowowow. Stephen is just so fabulous in it, i cried on more than one occasion, and the ending was beautiful.
It felt like the should be a sequel though; is there?

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Jan 10th, 2008 10:28pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
No there is no sequel [it's based on a book btw] but I can understand why you felt that way. The ending leaves you hanging a bit, when the credits go up you're like wha?! No! I mean it felt like there was more story to go but it just ends. It was so sad when Ada ends up in a coma and you later see her trapped in that glass coffin crying for help. :'( Oh and there was other sadness in this film. It was a lovely film. I loved the scenes set in the Lateran when Quintin and Onno find the stone tablets.

I want to go to Leiden. It looks nice there. Hmm there's so much of Europe I want to see. So much.

LilyG

Posted Thu Jan 10th, 2008 11:45pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
No there is no sequel [it's based on a book btw] but I can understand why you felt that way. The ending leaves you hanging a bit, when the credits go up you're like wha?! No! I mean it felt like there was more story to go but it just ends.

Oh yes I've heard of the book, (haven't read it though) but I thought there might be a second book too, because at the end the angels say that it is the end of the earth, fire and brimestone and all that, and Angel wants to save Ono.
I was like, 'Noooo, don't end, poor Ono went through all of that and lost everyone he loved just so he could die in the Apocalypse??!'

I'd go back and save him

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri Jan 11th, 2008 11:32am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
I haven't read the book either so I'm not sure if it carries on. It doesn't look like a follow-on book has been wrote. Maybe someone else on here knows?

Poor Onno. Everyone he loved taken away by the angels.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Fri Jan 11th, 2008 1:19pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
This is the end of the theme. Whatever it was.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Maren

Posted Fri Jan 11th, 2008 2:22pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

It doesn't look like a follow-on book has been wrote.

That's right - it was written by Harry Mulisch and published in 1992 or 93 (I think..):
"De ontdekking van de Hemel"
I've read it some years ago with some ambivalent feelings...

ysabella

Posted Fri Jan 11th, 2008 9:59pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Isn't Stephen rumored to be a very good kisser? Jude Law or someone said so, right? So he should be kissing more people in general. Spread the joy. More Fry-snoggery in the movies! Who's with me? *raises fist*

I want to go to Leiden. It looks nice there. Hmm there's so much of Europe I want to see. So much.

Leiden is pretty nice, a big college town with an interesting history. When I lived in the Hague, I traveled a lot on business and kept meaning to see some sights and not managing to, so my now-mother-in-law took me out to Leiden and showed me around one Sunday, and the next weekend we went to Delft.
Mmmm, now I'm feeling that homesick feeling for Holland. We tend to go back every other year, which means we're due to go this year!

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri Jan 11th, 2008 10:18pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
*pokesandsqueezesstephensbuttthenrunsawayandhides* :-//

Isn't Stephen rumored to be a very good kisser? Jude Law or someone said so, right? So he should be kissing more people in general. Spread the joy. More Fry-snoggery in the movies! Who's with me? *raises fist*

Me me me! *handraisedinair*

Leiden is pretty nice, a big college town with an interesting history. When I lived in the Hague, I traveled a lot on business and kept meaning to see some sights and not managing to, so my now-mother-in-law took me out to Leiden and showed me around one Sunday, and the next weekend we went to Delft.
Mmmm, now I'm feeling that homesick feeling for Holland. We tend to go back every other year, which means we're due to go this year!

You seem so well travelled ysabella. How many countries have you been to? Leiden looked like a nice place in the film. I'm beginning to think if I want to go travelling to all these places I'm going to have to go alone.

ysabella

Posted Fri Jan 11th, 2008 10:58pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
You seem so well travelled ysabella. How many countries have you been to?
Let me see...UK (England and Scotland, haven't been to Wales), France, Switzerland, Germany, Denmark, Ireland, Belgium, Italy, the Netherlands, Croatia, Spain, Luxembourg, and the United Arab Emirates. And the US and Canada. And Monaco, if you want to count that.
I lived at least a few months in France, Belgium, England, Germany (Duesseldorf) and the Netherlands. Other places I mostly went to for days or weeks.

Leiden looked like a nice place in the film. I'm beginning to think if I want to go travelling to all these places I'm going to have to go alone.
Not such a bad thing. I moved to Europe alone (I got my job transferred there) and spent a lot of time on my own in a lot of the places I worked in.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat Jan 12th, 2008 12:17am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
You seem so well travelled ysabella. How many countries have you been to?
Let me see...UK (England and Scotland, haven't been to Wales), France, Switzerland, Germany, Denmark, Ireland, Belgium, Italy, the Netherlands, Croatia, Spain, Luxembourg, and the United Arab Emirates. And the US and Canada. And Monaco, if you want to count that.
I lived at least a few months in France, Belgium, England, Germany (Duesseldorf) and the Netherlands. Other places I mostly went to for days or weeks.

WOW!! You've been to so many places!

Leiden looked like a nice place in the film. I'm beginning to think if I want to go travelling to all these places I'm going to have to go alone.
Not such a bad thing. I moved to Europe alone (I got my job transferred there) and spent a lot of time on my own in a lot of the places I worked in.[/quote]

I feel inspired by you (and some other members on this forum) to go my own way and just go and travel.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat Jan 12th, 2008 12:39am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
This is the end of the theme. Whatever it was.

we'll see that butt again next time someone calls him a national treasure.

LilyG

Posted Sat Jan 12th, 2008 1:37am Post subject: Fry-A-Day

*raisesfistraisesfistraisesfist*

mememememe, I'm with you too!

also, Ysabella, you've been to so many awesome places...come to australia, we rock.
(patriotic much?)

now excuse me, i have to go mop the drool off of my computer screen.

*stares at stephen's butt* :-//

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sat Jan 12th, 2008 3:31am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
In re what Jude said:

He (Stephen) really did have the softest lips, and knew how to respond well, too.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sat Jan 12th, 2008 3:45pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Well, after that steamy, sex romp of a week, I think we better cool things down and partner Stephen with someone who doesn't excite such salacious, carnal lust within him.