Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

JSKanga84

Posted Thu Feb 14th, 2008 7:29pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Awww. I want a Stephen-hug for Valentine's Day! No one's been near me all day.... probably because I have an upper respiratory infection... :'(

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Thu Feb 14th, 2008 8:21pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
I'd give my last TWO Rollos to be hugged like that by Stephen *sighs*...

If two Mozartkugeln would do the trick??? *dream on little Gerti* *big sigh*

No one's been near me all day.... probably because I have an upper respiratory infection...

Speedy recovery!!!! Don´t know if it´s any consolation, but nobody has been near me either all day, and I have no upper respiratory infection

Happy Valentine´s Day everyone !!!

LilyG

Posted Fri Feb 15th, 2008 12:50am Post subject: Fry-A-Day

BEST TWO EVER!!!
thankyou!

ok ok I just want to ask a question before you stop talking about your job.... HOW DID YOU GET INTO THAT???!!??!! I really would love to do something like that, I dont care what Id have to do.... Id be a walking handbag for someone.... But I never knew how you could get into something like that, or how you get into set production... Im so ignorant for someone who loves it so much :-// :-// :-//

you're not ignorant, a lot of people don't know how to get involved with filmy/theatrey things.

for me it all started when i was 13 and started acting in my local youth theatre. it was cheap, the fees almost non existent (i think it was and still is $40 membership for life), but the best part was that it was professional, so the teachers and directors themselves were in the industry. if i were doing a play, i'd also volunteer to help paint the set, or be a walker (someone who has to stand under very hot lights all day in every position the actor will stand in) for the lighting plot. my mum was a stage-manager, so i knew that all i had to do was ask if i wanted to have a go as being an assistant. ive never had any formal training as a SM, but luckily stage management is sort of handed down through people, not books. gradually i did more an more shows, acting and SMing, met the right people, who in turn introduced me to others. no i have a pretty strong network around melbourne and australia, but as i have been told by so many people, after having worked with geoff twice now and counting , and living a few suburbs away, there is only one degree of separtion from me to hotties like johhny depp, orlando bloom and (sigh) stephen fry.

same for telly, just tell them you're interested in bringing the assitant to the assitant to the co-producers assitant directors puppy some doggy treats every half-hour, and they'll let you in. then you can spy, leer, swoon and connect your way up.

xx

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Fri Feb 15th, 2008 12:58am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
wow you have had a fair amount of experience huh? thats brilliant, I wish I had known what I wanted to do at the start so that I could choose the right things in terms of experience but hey things happen in life for a reason....

See my ideal job in life is set designer for Tim Burton ha ha or somewhere in that region and I have decided recently that even though there is a huge possibility that I may never actually reach that type of job because there are only a few who really make it, I want to aim for it as if it is possible. Call it the dreamer in me... Anyways, I dont even know where to start so Im going to have to research it abit etc etc. but thanks for the tips

S x

JSKanga84

Posted Fri Feb 15th, 2008 1:20am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Gerti wrote
Speedy recovery!!!! Don´t know if it´s any consolation, but nobody has been near me either all day, and I have no upper respiratory infection
Thanks!! Please accept a long distance, non-infectious hug from me-- *hugs Gerti*

Go after those great dreams, Crazy_in_a_box!! You never know what's going to happen. In my case, enough people told me that I was good at something, I decided it must be true and that I must find some way to make it my occupation. It's difficult and I'm nowhere near my goal, but I'd rather be here than anywhere else!

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Fri Feb 15th, 2008 1:30am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Thanks JSKanga84, I know what you mean, Id rather be half way there struggling to achieve it then sitting somewhere not happy but making money in a shitty job!

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Fri Feb 15th, 2008 1:17pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
It's . . . not what it looks like.

Okay, it is what it looks like.

Sorry, this cap has a crack in it.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Fri Feb 15th, 2008 5:49pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Wow, those windows in the background are gorgeous
Stephen is gorgeous too, of course, and probably very good at giving massages X-D most beautiful hands in the world :-//

Thanks!! Please accept a long distance, non-infectious hug from me-- *hugs Gerti*

Thanks for a long-distance, non-infectious hug, JSKanga84 Hope you are feeling better today !!!

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri Feb 15th, 2008 7:02pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Thanks JSKanga84, I know what you mean, Id rather be half way there struggling to achieve it then sitting somewhere not happy but making money in a shitty job!

That's how I feel. You're still young so go for your dreams and don't lose sight. I'm nearly 24 and temping for meagre wages because I'm not quite ready to give up my dreams and settle for any old job. It's tough but if you want to reach your dreams you have to work for it and keep pushing. I believe if I keep pushing I'll get there one day and you can too. Start now looking for ways you can get that vital experience and the essential referees/contacts.

Wow, those windows in the background are gorgeous
Stephen is gorgeous too, of course, and probably very good at giving massages X-D most beautiful hands in the world :-//

Oh my.....now you've give me something to dream about Gerti. :-//

Assuming direct control...

JSKanga84

Posted Sat Feb 16th, 2008 1:10am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Eeep! That last photo....

What were those from, Fryphile?

Gerti wrote
Thanks for a long-distance, non-infectious hug, JSKanga84 Hope you are feeling better today !!!

Definitely am feeling better!! Just in time for the weekend.

whattocallmyself

Posted Sat Feb 16th, 2008 12:07pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Thank you Fryphile!
You made me come out of my normal-and-boring-coma and back to my slightly overheated decadent, desirous self!

Onwards and Upwards!

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sat Feb 16th, 2008 3:15pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Sorry this one isn't terribly exciting, but I'm posting it because it took the better part of five minutes and an artillery of profanity to get a shot of the stone falling.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sat Feb 16th, 2008 3:19pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Eeep! That last photo....

What were those from, Fryphile?

Titillating, ain't it? It's from a TV movie called Old Flames from 1990. That's Simon Callow who's getting a rub down.

Red Raven

Posted Sat Feb 16th, 2008 3:38pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Wow, his hands are sooooo big!

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sat Feb 16th, 2008 3:44pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Wow, his hands are sooooo big!

All the better to touch you with, my dear.