Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat Mar 8th, 2008 4:48pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Small but mighty we be.

That's Teller of Penn and Teller, isn't it? I had no idea he was so tall... John Cleese isn't that much taller than Stephen; IMDb says he's 6'4 and three quarters and Stephen Fry is 6'4 and a half.

/height comparison

Is he really? I always thought he was 6'5" or 6'6" he looks huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge

TobiasMonk

Posted Sat Mar 8th, 2008 5:39pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
I can't be the only person who's over 6', c'mon!
I feel so alone

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sat Mar 8th, 2008 7:15pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
I can't be the only person who's over 6', c'mon!
I feel so alone

*fist shake* If I could have that last quarter inch I'd at least be at 6. %#@$%! conspiracy1

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Sat Mar 8th, 2008 8:16pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

JSKanga84 and amyl_nitrate - can I be in your team, please ?

I'm 5ft 1in and a little bit...

I am sooooo tempted to post a certain photograph, but only with your consent, jemmo But if you were as tall as you are kind... you´d be at least 6ft5in

ysabella

Posted Sat Mar 8th, 2008 8:37pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Oh yes, Penn is very tall. I've met him, we greeted him after seeing the Penn & Teller show at the Rio in Vegas.

His son is probably going to be even bigger/taller!

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sun Mar 9th, 2008 9:42am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Small but mighty we be.

That's Teller of Penn and Teller, isn't it? I had no idea he was so tall... John Cleese isn't that much taller than Stephen; IMDb says he's 6'4 and three quarters and Stephen Fry is 6'4 and a half.

/height comparison

Is he really? I always thought he was 6'5" or 6'6" he looks huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge

Everywhere I've read indicate Stephen Fry is taller than John Cleese. John Cleese is still tall though! In How To Irritate People he is so tall he walks into the ceiling lights and starts punching them! X-D He's also so tall that when they film him in some sketches you can see the set doesn't have a ceiling and can see over it.

Assuming direct control...

Fiona

Posted Sun Mar 9th, 2008 9:50am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
I reckon i'm about 5'5. Do I make the short, tall or divided club?

jemmo

Posted Sun Mar 9th, 2008 10:20am Post subject: Fry-A-Day

I am sooooo tempted to post a certain photograph, but only with your consent, jemmo But if you were as tall as you are kind... you´d be at least 6ft5in

Oooooh.....noooooo, Gerti !
PLEASE not the photograph ! *seriously begs*

As to the rest...well.... :-// :-// :-// only ordinary in that respect, I think. But it's soooo kind of you to say so. We'll have a very pleasant argument about that over a cup of tea, shall we ? That would be nice.

amyl_nitrate said:

*grabsjemmo* You're in our team now! Yay! \^0^/

GREAT ! Thanks, amyl.
Wonder where our faces/lips would come to on Stephen if we stood in front of him. Actually, having done so (but not being totally clear-minded when I did it ), I reckon somewhere between his third and fourth shirt buttons (counting from the top).

What do you reckon ?

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sun Mar 9th, 2008 10:28am Post subject: Fry-A-Day

As to the rest...well.... :-// :-// :-// only ordinary in that respect, I think. But it's soooo kind of you to say so. We'll have a very pleasant argument about that over a cup of tea, shall we ? That would be nice.

amyl_nitrate said:

*grabsjemmo* You're in our team now! Yay! \^0^/

GREAT ! Thanks, amyl.
Wonder where our faces/lips would come to on Stephen if we stood in front of him. Actually, having done so (but not being totally clear-minded when I did it ), I reckon somewhere between his third and fourth shirt buttons (counting from the top).

What do you reckon ?

We're the same height as Tony Robinson so.....erm...

Cheek check.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sun Mar 9th, 2008 11:35am Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Get ye to the short club!

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sun Mar 9th, 2008 11:37am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Small but mighty we be.

/height comparison

Everywhere I've read indicate Stephen Fry is taller than John Cleese. John Cleese is still tall though! In How To Irritate People he is so tall he walks into the ceiling lights and starts punching them! X-D He's also so tall that when they film him in some sketches you can see the set doesn't have a ceiling and can see over it.

Cleese is also quite lanky, which makes him look taller I think. When he does his various mad body contortions/dances/movements it looks positively unreal sometimes.

jemmo

Posted Sun Mar 9th, 2008 11:55am Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Get ye to the short club!

Oh, to be 5' 5" !!!!!

That's not short, c_r. Well, not from where I'm standing...

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Sun Mar 9th, 2008 2:42pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

We'll have a very pleasant argument about that over a cup of tea, shall we ? That would be nice.
I knew you´d ask me not to, jemmo, I reckon I was just teasing you a little But NO BEGGING please, makes me feel like some mega-monstrous monster
And YES, we´ll have a nice cup of tea... in exactly eight weeks and two days

Wonder where our faces/lips would come to on Stephen if we stood in front of him. Actually, having done so (but not being totally clear-minded when I did it ), I reckon somewhere between his third and fourth shirt buttons (counting from the top). What do you reckon ?

(hehe, counting from the top... may not make much of a difference in the case of "between his third and fourth shirt buttons"... whereas with my height...
*runs for the inch/centimetre measuring tape.... er, uh.... let´s say first shirt button...*

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sun Mar 9th, 2008 3:07pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Here's a line up of heights from that valued and trusted site IMDb
Stephen Fry 6' 4 1/2", James McTeigue (height unknown), Natalie Portman 5' 3", John Hurt 5' 9", Joel Silver (height unknown) and Stephen Rae 5' 11".

John Hurt does not look six inches taller than Nat in that pic.

As for Cleese, here's Stephen humping him.

"I want to go to bed with you."

Cleese appears taller here.

But not here.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sun Mar 9th, 2008 3:16pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

GREAT ! Thanks, amyl.

What do you reckon ?

Maybe nipple height?