Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Mon Mar 17th, 2008 5:07pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
I simply adore the "Oscar Wilde" Stephen (easily cranked it up to 12.5 ... I still remember thinking, when I first saw the film, "the woman he calls his own is a very lucky girl!" :-// well, I knew nothing about the man... ). Nowadays, the extra 2.5 points have been replaced by the cuddly teddybear factor X-D

And let´s face it, is there anyone on this forum over fourty who still looks the same as 10 years ago - raise your hand and furnish pictorial proof please

Oh, is it Intro Week this week then, Fryphile?

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Mon Mar 17th, 2008 5:59pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Oh, is it Intro Week this week then, Fryphile?

Kinda. Intro to series two with Stephen and Hugh seeing the sights and cranking their goofiness up to 13.7

Oscar Stephen doesn't do much for me.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Mon Mar 17th, 2008 6:18pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Kinda. Intro to series two with Stephen and Hugh seeing the sights and cranking their goofiness up to 13.7
Oscar Stephen doesn't do much for me.

IntWo week, as Jonathan Woss would call it

That´s okay Fryphile, at least I need not share Oscar Stephen with you But my Scorpionic temper leads me to conclude that there is no way around having to share CFL-intro-shorts-wearing Stephen with you X-D

jemmo

Posted Mon Mar 17th, 2008 6:21pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
I prefer early 90s Stephen, particularly the time around seasons two of Boffle and Jooster. IMHO, he peeked physically in 1994. Not that he's a repugnant mutant now or anything THE THOUGHT. PERISH IT. He's still a 10 and will be a 10 forever. But he has cranked it up to 11 before.

For me, he was close to being an 11 for Kingdom. He's just adorable as his hair goes grey at the temples *sighs*...and by the end of the series, he'd lost quite a lot of weight, so was looking particularly yummy.

Not that he's not ALWAYS yummy. He was just yummier.

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Mon Mar 17th, 2008 6:25pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
A girl after my own heart X-D He looked so HEALTHY, aaaww! We need to have a Kingdom Fest in April, jemmo (Do they do carveries as take-aways as well ? X-D X-D )

AxmxZ

Posted Mon Mar 17th, 2008 7:26pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
I prefer early 90s Stephen, particularly the time around seasons two of Boffle and Jooster. IMHO, he peeked physically in 1994. Not that he's a repugnant mutant now or anything THE THOUGHT. PERISH IT. He's still a 10 and will be a 10 forever. But he has cranked it up to 11 before.

I liked him best the youngest. To me, he really *did* look a bit like a mutant back then. Or some sort of a different variety of human. He just looked so different from anyone else... he and Hugh both, actually. It might've been because he was so skinny. After he started filling out a bit, he started looking a bit closer to conventional.

JSKanga84

Posted Mon Mar 17th, 2008 10:04pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Personally, I agree with jemmo in that he looks adorable in a dignified way with his graying mane in Kingdom, but at the same time, I have to admit that AxmxZ also has a very good point. IMHO, young Stephen was quite hansome, especially in the Cambridge Footlights days. :-//

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Tue Mar 18th, 2008 12:14am Post subject: Fry-A-Day

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

LilyG

Posted Tue Mar 18th, 2008 12:48am Post subject: Fry-A-Day

true fact.

AxmxZ

Posted Tue Mar 18th, 2008 6:53am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Amen!

I've heard the word "avuncular" used many times with regards to Stephen's looks, but to me, his younger self - up 'till 1990 or so - looks fraternal rather than avuncular. A sort of platonic Older Brother: super-clever, mocking, funny, benevolent, slightly monkish, asexual, and way bigger than you.

jemmo

Posted Tue Mar 18th, 2008 7:51am Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Great pics of Stephen, Fryphile - and very helpful to compare.

I think that maybe our preferences for him (older/younger) are affected somewhat by our personal ages. Hence I like him older as he's nearer to my own age and I'm not into toy boys (yet). So although I can appreciate him as a younger man, my natural inclination is towards him NOW.

Could that be why our younger Forum members prefer him in his younger days ? Hmmm. There's a deep and meaningful thought.

AxmxZ

Posted Tue Mar 18th, 2008 8:04am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Very possibly. Clearly, we must revisit this question again in 30 years and see if the current crop of those of us who like Stephen young will then prefer him middle-aged.

Although... although although although. I dunno. If it was a matter of age, then I probably wouldn't find Hugh Laurie, 48, so much more attractive than Hugh Laurie, 28. And actually, I tend to prefer slightly weathered dudes over pretty-boys. (Preternatural pretty-boys like Johnny Depp, who always looks elfish and ageless, excepted.) But I do have an odd fondness for the exceptionally skinny and gawky, possibly because it ties in well visually with asceticism, monkishness, and other things I tend to find overwhelmingly sexy in dudes.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Tue Mar 18th, 2008 12:13pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
When looking for a brothel in London, it's important to ask the right person.

OMG Stephen’s flashing you!

Save it for the brothel, fellas.

BTW, I'll take Stephen at any age

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Tue Mar 18th, 2008 6:04pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Very possibly. Clearly, we must revisit this question again in 30 years and see if the current crop of those of us who like Stephen young will then prefer him middle-aged.

Although... although although although. I dunno. If it was a matter of age, then I probably wouldn't find Hugh Laurie, 48, so much more attractive than Hugh Laurie, 28.

X-D X-D I´ve always had a preference for "older" men, my last boyfriend was 12 years my senior... so actually, finding someone attractive who is only 7 years my senior comes as a major surprise to me ... and is not in compliance with your theory, AxmxZ

And by the way, AxmxZ, the more often I watch House, the more I come to like Hugh Laurie´s looks :-// (I never noticed he had blue eyes X-D )

BTW, I'll take Stephen at any age
are you referring to your age or Stephen´s, Fryphile

Zefla

Posted Tue Mar 18th, 2008 7:56pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
knowing Fryphile- probably both.