Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Lexie

Posted Sat Apr 19th, 2008 12:05am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
i second your motion January Heart X-D

ellenderanged

Posted Sat Apr 19th, 2008 3:44am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
what about that ONE hair.
really freaks me out. and i'm far from ocd.

bits of the machine that...

and

peters friends

AxmxZ

Posted Sat Apr 19th, 2008 5:59am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Ooh... Stephen with a bit of straw tint in his hair... I like!

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat Apr 19th, 2008 12:47pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
I don't find symmetrical, Hollywood beauty standards interesting or attractive. To be honest it's rather boring. Stephen's features are part of what makes him so attractive (apart from being smart, funny adorable and amazing); the hair, the nose, the eyes, his smile. I have to stop here or I'll just go on and on and on etc. No matter what he thinks about himself; I think he's very attractive. Esp. in the newest documentary with the fluffy, long hair. Must. Stop. Now.

I don't find Hollywood beauty standards interesting either. What the media tells us is beautiful is just boring. I too wishes Stephen would stop describing himself as a binliner full of yoghurt :'( or saying he'd be burnt in medieval times. I find him terribly attractive and his features are just as squishy as his personality. He comes across as a really lovely person that I'd want to get to know. I love his height too he's not freakish, he isn't lanky like Stephen Merchent he's just right. The media try and make us think everyone should look the same and have the same bodyshape but that's just boring. Everyone should be able to appreciate themselves as they are and not feel bad about themselves because they don't look like supermodels.

Aww why doesn't Stephen realise how cute and beautiful he is.

He's so adorable when he's excited. ^_^

Stephen's squeeing!

Assuming direct control...

ellenderanged

Posted Sat Apr 19th, 2008 1:04pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
well....to be honest he (recently) is some sort of not accurately defined repository filled with yoghurt. but whatever. at least he dresses nice
and I can idenditfy with that mixture of self-hatred and milde megalomania.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat Apr 19th, 2008 1:31pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
well....to be honest he (recently) is some sort of not accurately defined repository filled with yoghurt. but whatever. at least he dresses nice

But it's not a nice way of putting it. I imagine if he hadn't put weight on he'd still be beating himself up over his appearance. I just wish he'd be happy with himself.

WhatWouldJeevesDo

Posted Sat Apr 19th, 2008 2:48pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

But it's not a nice way of putting it. I imagine if he hadn't put weight on he'd still be beating himself up over his appearance. I just wish he'd be happy with himself.

I agree. I love the fact that Stephen doesn't fit into the average standard of beauty (whatever that is) that Hollywood has established. When I was younger I used to say if Stephen attended my high school I would want to date him (even if he was gay!) I thought he was (and still is) absolutely handsome in my eyes, and witty, smart, and hard working (even though he may not believe it himself). I wish he wasn't so hard on himself. He's gorgeous both inside an out.

I have the sudden urge to hug him now.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat Apr 19th, 2008 3:22pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

I agree. I love the fact that Stephen doesn't fit into the average standard of beauty (whatever that is) that Hollywood has established. When I was younger I used to say if Stephen attended my high school I would want to date him (even if he was gay!) I thought he was (and still is) absolutely handsome in my eyes, and witty, smart, and hard working (even though he may not believe it himself). I wish he wasn't so hard on himself. He's gorgeous both inside an out.

I have the sudden urge to hug him now.

I keep thinking the same whenever I see pictures of him when he was a teenager and then a student. That I would've wanted to date him and give him big squishy glomps. He was so yummy when he was younger (just watch old shows like There's Nothing To Worry About and Alfresco) and he's still yummy now he's older.

Not only doesn't he fit the beauty standard but he isn't boring and fits the mould like everyone else and goes on stoopy reality shows or whatever instead he goes against the grain by not talking about pop culture and celebs on QI which I think is brilliant.

EDIT: ARGH!!!!! Right lately I've been busy reading Sharpe's Tiger, barely able to put it down for anything else. As a result The Hippopotamus has lain neglected and am just starting to get into it again properly when I get to page 78 literally just now and what do I see? What thoughts do I see running through the mind of the main character:

My body, on the move, resembles in sight and sound nothing so much as a bin-liner full of yoghurt;

*bangshead*

It must be a favourite thing for him to say like his analogy of x "is like a city".

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sat Apr 19th, 2008 3:58pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
*Nelson voice* Ha-Ha! Stephen, you're bootiful and there's nothing you can do to change our minds. If only we could make him aware of his own timeless brand of loveliness.

Stephen puts the E in SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

JSKanga84

Posted Sat Apr 19th, 2008 4:23pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
But really, who is completely satisfied with their appearance? At some point, though, one has to reject the standard of beauty created by Hollywood and realize that every person, no matter how they look, is attractive to someone (or multiple people).

WhatWouldJeevesDo

Posted Sat Apr 19th, 2008 5:31pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
But really, who is completely satisfied with their appearance? At some point, though, one has to reject the standard of beauty created by Hollywood and realize that every person, no matter how they look, is attractive to someone (or multiple people).

True. I know I'm not completely satisfied with my appearance, but after a moment of scrutinizing myself, I then come to the consensus that I am happy that I do not look like anyone else.

However, I have been told by various people that someone they know looks almost exactly like me, and I have been mistaken for this person. I would like to meet this mysterious person, but she eludes me.

But enough about me, Stephen is absolutely gorgeous. Although I understand his criticism about his looks, he shouldn't be so hard on himself. We love him just the way he is. (Cues the music and starts to sing "Just the Way You Are").

AxmxZ

Posted Sat Apr 19th, 2008 6:52pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
I personally think he looks great. There are people that look kind of ordinary, and there are people who look memorable. I think that's what's really at the root of "attractive - unattractive" - not prettiness or lack thereof. So even though Stephen may not have ever been pretty, that means absolutely nothing with regards to how attractive he was. And I'm not just saying it because he's famous and all that. I only dated two guys in high school, and they both looked rather Stephen-ish... really tall, gangly, with very interesting and memorable faces but without a lick of prettiness to them.

Although when it comes to Stephen himself, just watching his old Cambridge stuff, I get a 'monastic brother' vibe from him - like dating him would somehow be inappropriate or sacreligious. Like he's got a sort of overall life plan that doesn't include romantic love.

Which, of course, makes him all the more desirable, because monks are hot. (It's why Severus Snape turned into such a run-away sex symbol. )

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat Apr 19th, 2008 6:54pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
*Nelson voice* Ha-Ha! Stephen, you're bootiful and there's nothing you can do to change our minds. If only we could make him aware of his own timeless brand of loveliness.

Stephen puts the E in SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I have the urge to bite Stephen's fingers right now! *nibbles*

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Sun Apr 20th, 2008 7:09am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Aww why doesn't Stephen realise how cute and beautiful he is.

[/quote]

Ruffle attack-inducingly lovely hair

Which, of course, makes him all the more desirable, because monks are hot. (It's why Severus Snape turned into such a run-away sex symbol. )

X-D May have something to do with Alan Rickman´s chococlate voice as well He´s also a pretty attractive Sheriff in Robin Hood-Kings of Thieves - the only reason why I watch the film whenever it airs. )

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sun Apr 20th, 2008 10:55am Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Ruffle attack-inducingly lovely hair

*joinsinhairruffling*

*nibblesfingersagain*

His hands they're so.....

X-D May have something to do with Alan Rickman´s chococlate voice as well He´s also a pretty attractive Sheriff in Robin Hood-Kings of Thieves - the only reason why I watch the film whenever it airs. )

Alan Rickman was totally squee in Robin Hood. I think it has something to do with his voice too. How squishy was it in when him and Johnny Depp started singing together in Sweeney Todd? ^_^