Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Help

Posted Wed May 14th, 2008 9:55am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
At the risk of being kicked out, albeit in a pink and fluffy way, by Fryphile once he´s back, for having disrupted his QI (Close-Ups) theme, I´d like to post a couple of piccies that cater for those who cannot get enough of Stephen´s hands (his grey temples are quite attractive too)

Childlike excitement at the prospect of touching the Gutenberg Bible with his very own gloved hands

Leafing through his own printwork (this scene is even in slow motion - I´d like to think that Stephen asked the producers to give all those with a weakness for beautiful hands a bit of a treat )

Fryphile, forgive me, I´ll continue to proceed as instructed from tomorrow, promised :-//

At the risk of sounding like a complete and utter sap...

GERTI I LOVE YOU!!!

That's all.

jemmo

Posted Wed May 14th, 2008 10:41am Post subject: Fry-A-Day

At the risk of sounding like a complete and utter sap...

GERTI I LOVE YOU!!!

That's all.

Isn't it great to be part of a Forum where people are actually NICE to each other and there seems to be genuine affection and respect for one another *sighs*.

SO refreshing !

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Thu May 15th, 2008 4:17am Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Fri May 16th, 2008 4:21am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Fryday´s episode of QI Close-Ups (Fryphile has - IMHO - saved the best until the end):

I´ve tried my best to "keep the dream alive", Fryphile, now it´s back to you Hope you had a great time in London, please tell us all about it!

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sat May 17th, 2008 5:20pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Guess what?

Chicken butt.

I'm back! *the crowd goes . . . back to what they were doing after having been so rudely interrupted*

Gerti, you did an excellent job! First class, A-1, tip top, Grade A, 100%, smiley face in the top right hand corner

Apropos of nothing: Here's Stephen transforming.

Is it possible to look at like page 100 without having to go all the way through from page 1 or in reverse?!

Yes. There's a stickied thread called "Fry-A-Day Index". It lists every picture of Stephen that has been posted here, and you can click any of the pages to take you there.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sun May 18th, 2008 2:23pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Set phasers to GLOMP

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Sun May 18th, 2008 3:39pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Good to have you back, Fryphile

Aaaww, seems like Stephen was modelling in this piccie This is from 1985 I think ... how young and sweet he was , but no less teddybearish (since you mention it Fryphile: I wonder if he had minded being glomped by a tall, blonde, blue-eyes 20-year old back then )
Still, I´d love to see today´s Stephen in a three-piece suit like this, almost Wildesque

LilyG

Posted Mon May 19th, 2008 3:16am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
now for those three versions without the clothes

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Mon May 19th, 2008 1:20pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
For this theme, I'm gonna try my best to make it as complicated as possible: In 2002, Stephen hosted a tribute to Judi Dench. During said tribute, Stephen introduced various actors with whom Judi had worked. I will post a pic of those various actors from quite a long way away, and you will have to use your skill and judgment to identify those actors. Make sense? I thought not. The first person to correctly identify who is being introduced will be PMed a close-up shot of Stephen from the show.

Long story short: Who is this?

REMEMBER: First person to correctly respond gets Stephen. The second person to correctly respond gets a consolation prize of NOTHING.

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Mon May 19th, 2008 5:37pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Lord Richard Attenborough?

do I get Stephen?? do I??? DO I????
I am the first person to respond, Fryphile.... oh, CORRECTLY ... I knew there was a catch

Soupy Twist

Posted Mon May 19th, 2008 6:03pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
I. Have. No. Idea.
Anyway, correct answer or not, I think Gerti should get the first close-up Stephen for her services to this very thread

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Mon May 19th, 2008 6:13pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
oh no, no, no, no, Soupy, :-// only if the answer is correct!! (which I doubt)
It was my pleasure "keeping the dream alive"

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Mon May 19th, 2008 6:46pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
:-// I think I've made this too difficult.

How 'bout a closer one?

Ffrioserch

Posted Mon May 19th, 2008 6:47pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Is it someone old and doddery like Richard Briars ??

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Mon May 19th, 2008 6:50pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Is it someone old and doddery like Richard Briars ??

Ding! Ding! Ding! Righto!

Technically Richard Briers, but spelling is of no mattter to me.