Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Soupy Twist

Posted Fri Aug 8th, 2008 2:27pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
please tell me that HE didn't actually do a sketch with that hairdo?!?!?!

I'm no expert, but I think he had his hair done that way to fit better into a wig.

I'm quite sure it was this wig:

Libramum

Posted Fri Aug 8th, 2008 2:34pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
please tell me that HE didn't actually do a sketch with that hairdo?!?!?!

I'm no expert, but I think he had his hair done that way to fit better into a wig.

I'm quite sure it was this wig:

Oh Lordie! Lol
How cute.

I love my dear home of Canada, but damn! Am I ever going to catch up on what these 2 have done?! What was this pic taken from? All I have is ABOFAL and Jeeves & Wooster...

Love this thread Fryphile! (still catching up Lol)

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Fri Aug 8th, 2008 2:42pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Roman!Stephen was from Blackadder Back and Forth from 1999. You must see some Blackadder, MRTmum! And Wilde! And Kingdom! And! And! And!

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Libramum

Posted Fri Aug 8th, 2008 3:11pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
I have seen a bit of Blackadder on Youtube, but it's hard to find some of them. I've really enjoyed what I've seen so far though! I don't recall having seen Stephen and Hugh dressed like that yet Lol. I can't believe I never heard of Blackadder before lately. I love Rowan's work too!

I remember wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy back (must be 25 yrs now at least almost) watching Mr. Bean (and unrelated, The Benny Hill Show) with my dad.
.....aww, the memories

Anyways, thank you for letting me know. I am going to do my bestest to get caught up on everything you mentioned (and then some!)

Could you help me out on finding the origins of another clip I saw if you don't mind? On one of the fan vids I watched on YouTube of Hugh getting 'knocked ' down has a final scene of him in an old looking hospital sucking his thumb with a teddy (very cute! lmao). It's the final part of the vid.

I thought maybe it was from a Blackadder eppie again, but not sure.
The vid if you need a visual

Jillus

Posted Fri Aug 8th, 2008 3:30pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Wow, I go away for a couple of days without internet access and when I get home, turn on my computer, and behold---lovely pictures of Stephen!

Thanks Fryphile!

Soupy Twist

Posted Fri Aug 8th, 2008 3:34pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Could you help me out on finding the origins of another clip I saw if you don't mind? On one of the fan vids I watched on YouTube of Hugh getting 'knocked ' down has a final scene of him in an old looking hospital sucking his thumb with a teddy (very cute! lmao). It's the final part of the vid.

You're right, it's Hugh as Lieutenant George in BLackadder Goes Forth, ep. 'General Hospital'.

JSKanga84

Posted Fri Aug 8th, 2008 3:35pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

It's from "Blackadder Goes Forth." I was watching it very recently.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Fri Aug 8th, 2008 3:38pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Yep, that's Blackadder Goes Forth, episode "General Hospital". Too adorable.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri Aug 8th, 2008 4:50pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
I have seen a bit of Blackadder on Youtube, but it's hard to find some of them. I've really enjoyed what I've seen so far though! I don't recall having seen Stephen and Hugh dressed like that yet Lol. I can't believe I never heard of Blackadder before lately. I love Rowan's work too!

I was looking on Amazon.ca for you and found this boxset. This is the complete set, it includes all four tv series as well as the christmas special (Blackadder's Christmas Carol), the Comic Relief special (The Cavalier Years) and the Millenium special (Back and Fourth) which is the one the pictures above of Stephen and Hugh dressed as Romans are from. It is an utterly fantastic and funny series and well worth the money. Alternatively, if they have any channel in Canada that repeats classic British series you might catch it on there thought not any of the specials. The different specials as well as standard episodes have appeared on youtube at various points in time so keep an eye out for them.

Assuming direct control...

Libramum

Posted Fri Aug 8th, 2008 7:04pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
As usual, you lovely people rock! Thanks so much!

I think you read my mind amyl_nitrate! I am anxiously awaiting my S4 of House and had decided that for my birthday I was going to treat myself to the Blackadder Series.

I just went and checked out the link and am thinking my birthday is too far away though!

** Soupy Twist! **

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat Aug 9th, 2008 11:19am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
You're welcome MRTmum. I'm sure your birthday will be here before you know it and you'll be able to enjoy a treat.

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Sat Aug 9th, 2008 11:24am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Eeee! Has anyone seen Stephen Fry's latest Dork Talk entry? He's comparing camcorders and uploaded onto youtube two videoclips using the different camcorders and his hair's all cute and mussy because as he says in the article it's early in the morning so he's all dopey. ^_^

Thanks for the links, amyl
Very interesting dork talk (which still makes me feel completely out of my depth) and highly enjoyable 19 seconds of "A virtual tour around Mr Fry´s.... er, kitchen" (??) (well, none of my business, whichever room it is, it´s definitely more spacious than my own living room)
Doesn´t Stephen look utterly adorable at the very beginning of the Vado videoclip ... tousled hair... grey temples... blue-grey eyes... *sigh*

Tarantulas playing Twister , oh Fryphilie X-D X-D

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat Aug 9th, 2008 11:54am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Eeee! Has anyone seen Stephen Fry's latest Dork Talk entry? He's comparing camcorders and uploaded onto youtube two videoclips using the different camcorders and his hair's all cute and mussy because as he says in the article it's early in the morning so he's all dopey. ^_^

Thanks for the links, amyl
Very interesting dork talk (which still makes me feel completely out of my depth) and highly enjoyable 19 seconds of "A virtual tour around Mr Fry´s.... er, kitchen" (??) (well, none of my business, whichever room it is, it´s definitely more spacious than my own living room)
Doesn´t Stephen look utterly adorable at the very beginning of the Vado videoclip ... tousled hair... grey temples... blue-grey eyes... *sigh*

You're welcome Gerti. I agree he looks utterly utterly adorable with his hair all mussed up and his lovely eyes. I want to glomp him so bad just thinking about him in these clips. :-//

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sat Aug 9th, 2008 2:39pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
I want to glomp him so bad just thinking about him in these clips. :-//

He looks post-glomped!

bardess

Posted Sat Aug 9th, 2008 2:44pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
I want to glomp him so bad just thinking about him in these clips. :-//

He looks post-glomped!

And I thought it was only in my head