Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sat Dec 23rd, 2006 3:58pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
The Coolness

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sun Dec 24th, 2006 4:38pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Christmas is so close I can taste it.

If it came in potato chip form, that is.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Mon Dec 25th, 2006 4:17pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
MERRY CHRISTMAS
to you and all your family and friends . . .

MinervaMoon

Posted Mon Dec 25th, 2006 4:58pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
How utterly gorgeous. Note conducting!Stephen and the serious Emma/Stephen love going on there.

By the way, Merry Christmas, Jeremy!

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Tue Dec 26th, 2006 5:22pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Dear Santa,

I know it's a little early, but for Christmas next year, I want to be where Emma is in this pic.

Nicely yours,

Fryphile

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Tue Dec 26th, 2006 5:23pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
By the way, Merry Christmas, Jeremy!

Same to you!

Exept for the Jeremy part

AxmxZ

Posted Tue Dec 26th, 2006 5:25pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Emma looks cozy, in both pics, but Stephen's eyes are elsewhere...

Ladyblakeney

Posted Wed Dec 27th, 2006 2:49am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Ah, yes! But Santa's come and gone! We have to wait 364 days for that dream to come true. Lovely pic of classic Stephen floppy bangs!

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Wed Dec 27th, 2006 10:10am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
[
Aww Stephen in Peru. I really need to get that book. Was there a programme that went with that or was it just a book/audiobook thing?

The documentary was called “Paddington Bear: The Early Years”and was a 60-minute programme broadcast in the UK back in 2001. It is one of my favourites as it provides the best selection of bears ever: Paddington (probably my first love and the subject of a seminar paper I had to write almost 20 years ago, analysing the problems of translating children´s books) and a small, very sweet bespectacled bear that happened to be rescued by a not quite so small, equally sweet teddy bear :-//
Stephen had obviously made an effort and learned some Spanish (as he would… love his pronunciation) to communicate with the local people. He looked all excited and happy in the programme, but mentioned in his BP documentary that he fell into depression on his return to the UK – how sad is that! :'(

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Wed Dec 27th, 2006 10:23am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
MERRY CHRISTMAS
to you and all your family and friends . . .

Oh Fryphile! I watched Peter´s Friends on Christmas Day, after I had rung my friends in the UK and all of a sudden missed them so much that this scene brought more than one tear to my eyes.

You picked a lovely picture – as you would – dear Fryphile! Thank you so much!

Lots of Happiness and Success in the New Year to all Frymasons. I have enjoyed spending time in this forum, thanks to your comments, outbursts and thoughts. And may some of your wishes come true!!

A Happy, Healthy and Successful New Year also to Atari and Co. and, last but by no means least, to MR FRY (not that I expect him to read this...)

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Wed Dec 27th, 2006 2:46pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Stephen does have a Pillsbury Doughboy squishiness about him.

Mr. Doughboy here in case you're wondering.

Wildean

Posted Wed Dec 27th, 2006 9:20pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Awww, but Stephen is WAY cuter!

Ladyblakeney

Posted Wed Dec 27th, 2006 10:30pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Definitely agreed! As lovely as Hugh is, he's far too lean for my taste. Stephen has enough padding to be comfortable. Sculpted bodies are wonderful to look at, but terribly useless for resting on.

AxmxZ

Posted Thu Dec 28th, 2006 12:22am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Definitely agreed! As lovely as Hugh is, he's far too lean for my taste. Stephen has enough padding to be comfortable. Sculpted bodies are wonderful to look at, but terribly useless for resting on.

I agree. My husband has a figure very similar to Laurie's, but lately he's been bulking up - first in the gym and then at the generous Christmas table of his company. He's a *lot* comfier to sleep on now, especially when you're me and you're very small and bony.

To my eyes, Hugh has always sort of oscillated between looking fit and "Just got out of the concentration camp; someone please feed me before my face caves in."

stomper4x4

Posted Thu Dec 28th, 2006 1:15am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
First off, I love the piano scene in Peter's Friends SO MUCH! Secondly, your posting it Fryphile, reminded me that I now have a region-free DVD player, so I zoomed right over to Amazon.co.uk and bought a copy of Peter's Friends for my very own.

Weighing (ha!) in on the Hugh/Stephen physique discussion. I've always been really attracted to skeletally thin guys, so Hugh just looks lean and fit (and yummy) to me. My attraction to Stephen is much more enigmatic. It's intellect, kindness, sense of humor as well as physical looks that make me love me some Stephen.