Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sun Oct 19th, 2008 5:57pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
[quote="Hope"]I agree! He has such a lovely taste in scarves - I seem to remember seeing him in a scarf with a map on somewhere, SLOTMD I think.

Yep, That was when he had a sad

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Sun Oct 19th, 2008 6:19pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Looks like a map of London...
This scene had me almost in tears... it must be agony for family and loved ones to witness him like this, and there seems little one can do.

My soulmate is bipolar and when he is down and phones me I never seem to find the right words to comfort him, I feel so utterly helpless then...

wooden_elf

Posted Sun Oct 19th, 2008 6:22pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
This scene had me almost in tears... it must be agony for family and loved ones to witness him like this, and there seems little one can do.

I agree. I find it hard to watch this because it's so painful. I suffer with him. Know how he felt as I suffer from depression. *hugs him*

monochromeprincess

Posted Sun Oct 19th, 2008 6:29pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
How funny, I bought a scarf a bit like that yesterday, didn't know, honest =O.

And, aww, I want to hug him. Wah. It had me in tears too. Want to hug someone now. I remember when there was a week of such pictures in Fry-a-Day, never has the desire to glomp burned so strongly. *hugs everyone*

@dreamingshadow

Hope

Member *

Posted Sun Oct 19th, 2008 7:47pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
That picture is so sad, looking at it makes me feel all teary.
Whenever I watch SLOTMD or WDYTYA I always end up sobbing for ages (although I'm just as bad watching Peter's Friends for some reason, something to do with the fact that there is this group of young people with their whole lives ahead of them and then everything goes wrong, like with Roger and Mary losing their baby and Peter having HIV and just... everything. I'm not sure why I find it SO upsetting but it's just really, really, intensely, immensely, awfully sad. I know it's only a film, but then, life can be like that. And music as well sometimes.).

I'd forgotten it was that bit he was wearing the scarf.

I just realised I have really rambled on there, sorry.

Hope

Member *

Posted Sun Oct 19th, 2008 7:55pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
...On a more cheery note, I really like how when you click the thread title it goes straight to the front page and there is that most lovely picture of Stephen on Shooting Stars.

I really like loads of the Shooting Stars stuff - Jarvis Cocker was on it once and was brilliant.

IdeaCollector

Posted Sun Oct 19th, 2008 7:56pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
I know when he's feeling horridly depressed in secret life...I just felt like he was my inner voice repeating my thoughts out loud. *hugs monochromeprincess*

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

dulieGirl

Posted Mon Oct 20th, 2008 12:19am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Invisible curve ball.

A well deserved LOL to you Fryphile. Have you seen the Invisible Guitar Hero? It's hilarious. Invisible bike is also one of my favorites.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Mon Oct 20th, 2008 3:06pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
This week's theme-a-roni: Common Pursuit, Uncommon Cuteness. Not only was Stephen's performance a mastery of subtley that worked on nine levels, but he's also crushingly beautiful in it.

This is the finger-near-mouth motif.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

fryfan20

Posted Mon Oct 20th, 2008 3:21pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
absolutely adorable
you made my smile, thank you fryphile

I am what I am

bardess

Posted Mon Oct 20th, 2008 4:20pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
That last one looks as if he is thinking of something really sad

fryfan20

Posted Mon Oct 20th, 2008 4:22pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

he does seem troubled there

I am what I am

Soupy Twist

Posted Mon Oct 20th, 2008 6:28pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

he does seem troubled there

I'm not sure about that. To me it looks as if he's listening intently and the raised eyebrows lend him an almost amused expression.

Hope

Member *

Posted Mon Oct 20th, 2008 6:42pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

He looks delightful here! The 'little-finger-at-corner-of-mouth' look really works for him.

wooden_elf

Posted Mon Oct 20th, 2008 6:55pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
I am not so sure he looks sad....more a little melancholy. Thoughtful.