Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Thu Jan 1st, 2009 8:17pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Mushroomoid Miss gets robe hitch.

Veg Chick gets Prince Ludwig.

Soph gets a well hungover Melchy.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Soph

Posted Thu Jan 1st, 2009 8:31pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
I LOVE THAT PICTURE. Thankie. I've got it saved. : D

Photobucket

IdeaCollector

Posted Thu Jan 1st, 2009 10:23pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
12-5-3 please

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Thu Jan 1st, 2009 10:55pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
EternalStudent gets a very full inbox.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Firlefanz

Posted Thu Jan 1st, 2009 10:59pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Could I have 2-16-2, please?

And may I share an idea about the lottery system?

*fingers crossed*

IdeaCollector

Posted Thu Jan 1st, 2009 11:11pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
*giggles about the fact that everyone is frantically doing math to get 20 in their response*

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Fri Jan 2nd, 2009 1:27am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Firlefanz gets breasts.

Welcome, and you may share anything you wish.

monochromeprincess

Posted Fri Jan 2nd, 2009 1:51pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
*Mp's patented lottery predictor shudders with new formula input and explodes*

I can't think of a way of calculating how much you've decreased the odds by now Fryphile (though thanks!), or a way of calculating the new amount of possible numbers. I think it might be 288 or 5184 (LOL) - at the moment it does not compute X-D

I would continuing keeping a tally (or even create a advent calendar type picture grid with all the used numbers and subsequent caps) but the goddess of all things internet is reclaiming her favour over me for an indeterminable amount of time so I can't. And wah, I can't even find out how the lottery will pan out. What is certain though, is that I will be carrying around my notepad and pencil and frantically trying to work out what the odds would have been X-D

As I'm a methodical kind of person, can I have 1-1-18 please Fryphile and lol at our psychic link. But ssh, we must keep it a secret, unless the relevant authorities become aware. From hereon in, purple triangles dance wistfully.

mp xxxxx

@dreamingshadow

Mushroomoid Miss

Posted Fri Jan 2nd, 2009 2:07pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Um...6,12,2 please?

I've rather misunderstood Burt and his bat sperm.

gemini

Posted Fri Jan 2nd, 2009 2:10pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Oh my, now real heavy Maths is involved in the lottery-fun. Ok let's give it a try: 17-2-1

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Fri Jan 2nd, 2009 2:52pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Let me see, let me see, said the blind man. What to do? What to do? Repeat myself? Repeat myself? You all have made intelligent selections, and I hope you're all pleased with the results. As for the GPoGness, I fear I must be severe. The unfettered joy of winning lotteries is contingent upon the odds being stacked against you. If you win something that's one in a million, it's YIPEE with a hundred thousand E's. That being said, you all have been very sporting, so I will continue the game through the weekend. I think the game itself has overshadowed the prize. Which is impressive since the prize is UNBEFRIGGINGLIEVABLE. six is definitely not the first number

MP gets a special screening.

Mushroomoid Miss gets about-faced.

gemini gets a signed autograph from Melchy.

the last number is four

Firlefanz

Posted Fri Jan 2nd, 2009 3:34pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Lovely breasts, thanks!

Now, in the onset of lottery-last-minute-panic, let me say that I think it’s only 171 possible combinations minus the ones adding up to twenty that we already tried out, according to my calculations. Oh yes, I do like maths.

171, that is, if the following idea is complete rubbish. But judge for yourselves, here is the thought:

There is one price,
three numbers to be chosen
three possible combinations to the price
and the numbers add up to 20.
Isn’t that weird?

What if the sequence of numbers is actually irrelevant?
For any three numbers you can have 6 permutations, meaning sequences to arrange them in, as in xyz, yxz, zyx, ...
So, if there is three combinations to the prize and those are permutations, you only get them, if two numbers are identical, e.g. xxy, xyx, yxx.
That means that if the assumption is right about the sequence of numbers actually not being important, it’s down to 9 combinations minus 2, because we’ve already tried 1-1-18 and 2-2-16.

And I’ll take 9-2-9.

Is this actually making sense to anyone else?

ladyfromhamburg

Posted Fri Jan 2nd, 2009 3:40pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
*Mp's patented lottery predictor shudders with new formula input and explodes*

mp xxxxx

* sitstherewaitingimpatientlyforthefurtherdevelopment*

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Fri Jan 2nd, 2009 4:35pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Firlefanz gets breasts . . . again.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Fri Jan 2nd, 2009 4:38pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
And I can assure you that the sequence if numbers is very important