Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

PamJH

Posted Sun Mar 1st, 2009 10:25pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

What an incentive! *s.o. struggling to slim down to dress size 12*

You know I bet you look simply wonderful as you are. I hate skinny girls, and I think there's too much pressure on us to slim down. If you want to for health reasons or whatever, that's fine. But don't do it because you feel an obligation to your sex, to society, to whatever. You're beautiful, and it doesn't matter if you're a bigger size (and who started this thing that you're big if you're over size 12 anyway? I've heard that so many places). I'm size 16 and I don't care, I eat what I want, and I look like whatever. Sometimes I'm thinner, sometimes I'm not. It's all about how you feel, and we shouldn't feel like just because we're more socially acceptable that it's only that that grants us the right to feel happy. Be yourself, be beautiful, and don't care about sizes - they're just pointless numbers, like age. It's what you are inside.

Sorry for the rant I just think more people (especially women) need to be told that they're beautiful.

mp xxxx

MP, you're right on the money.

gjhsu

Posted Sun Mar 1st, 2009 10:39pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

What an incentive! *s.o. struggling to slim down to dress size 12*

You know I bet you look simply wonderful as you are. I hate skinny girls, and I think there's too much pressure on us to slim down. If you want to for health reasons or whatever, that's fine. But don't do it because you feel an obligation to your sex, to society, to whatever. You're beautiful, and it doesn't matter if you're a bigger size (and who started this thing that you're big if you're over size 12 anyway? I've heard that so many places). I'm size 16 and I don't care, I eat what I want, and I look like whatever. Sometimes I'm thinner, sometimes I'm not. It's all about how you feel, and we shouldn't feel like just because we're more socially acceptable that it's only that that grants us the right to feel happy. Be yourself, be beautiful, and don't care about sizes - they're just pointless numbers, like age. It's what you are inside.

Sorry for the rant I just think more people (especially women) need to be told that they're beautiful.

mp xxxx

As a member of the male population, I can tell you that I don't like seeing ribs (I'm not alone on that)... I'll go get barbecue for that

Soph

Posted Mon Mar 2nd, 2009 12:00am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Mp, you're just wonderful, hehe. I've been feeling a little down about my weight recently, so that's made me feel better. : ]

Photobucket

monochromeprincess

Posted Mon Mar 2nd, 2009 1:19pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Mp, you're just wonderful, hehe. I've been feeling a little down about my weight recently, so that's made me feel better. : ]

I'm glad Soph. All it is is a product of a male orientated society that wants Barbies, not women. It is everywhere you look and sometimes it is hard to remember that it's an active social construction that influences the way we think about everything, including ourselves. We are more than bodies, and our worth is based on more than that. So everytime I see an advert with skinny women modelling impossibly small clothes, everytime I see a woman on a TV programme wasting away, everytime my eye scans over magazine covers with a woman with hollowed out cheeks and taut to break skin, everytime I see blonde bimbos walking about with their ribs sticking through their clothes and it seems to me that they are telling me this is the norm, this is what I should aspire to, I say fuck you, fuck you, I am not going to be like that, I am going to be myself. I will not conform just because some one else tells me that's what society wants, what this man's society wants.

I don't mean all men, obviously. I mean this is a patriarchal society we live in and the needs of the white heterosexual man come first, and one of those needs is to have women slim down to the size and shape of Barbies. Well it ain't happening.

Sorry. I seem to have diverted the train of thought but as you can see it's something I believe passionately in, and I can't stand to see women depressed by the unfair and unjust force of a patriarchal society's desires. Resume previous thought, lol.

mp xxxx

@dreamingshadow

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Mon Mar 2nd, 2009 3:03pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Well, if Stephen is going to be detwittered for the next six days, and if we're not allowed to glow and gleam with him during his present adventures, then we'll have to look to the past for refulgence. Stephen!Articles week.

From Desert Island Discussions, 1990.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

fanoffry

Posted Mon Mar 2nd, 2009 3:06pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

As a member of the male population, I can tell you that I don't like seeing ribs (I'm not alone on that)... I'll go get barbecue for that

As a member of the lesbian population, I concur.

And you're absolutely right, mp. I encourage to be healthy, but you can be healthy and be a bigger size (and being too thin certainly isn't healthy).

And wow, I see Fryphile has *just* posted something that involves a lot of reading, must go see it.

ginj

Member *

Posted Mon Mar 2nd, 2009 3:38pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Oh Fryphile, what a great idea! Will look forward to seeing your cache of articles this week. Looking forward to reading the one above in a bit.

gadgetgirl

Posted Mon Mar 2nd, 2009 3:55pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Ah Fryphile, your wondrous stash of pictures never fails to amaze me! I'm all for the shirtless picture but why doesn't he want people to look at his long legs? I've always been attracted to tall men :-//

(off topic again but in response to MP: wasn't there research which showed heterosexual men actually preferred rounder women as it was an indicator of fertility? Base level instincts I think!)

That would be me.

PamJH

Posted Mon Mar 2nd, 2009 4:45pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Thank you for the improving article - and the picture of course. Such nice long legs.

Mister

Posted Mon Mar 2nd, 2009 5:08pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Awesome article! Thank you Fryphile!

Beautiful thing, the destruction of words.

Soph

Posted Mon Mar 2nd, 2009 6:02pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
I might get round to reading the article some time soon, but I'm far too distracted by Shirtless-Stephen.

Photobucket

fish_chip

Posted Mon Mar 2nd, 2009 6:23pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Thanks for the article!
splendid way to entartain us all with stephen's words

Help

Posted Mon Mar 2nd, 2009 6:31pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Shirtless Stephen
Am I the only one who thinks he looks like Freddie Mercury?

fryfan20

Posted Mon Mar 2nd, 2009 7:17pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
that's one lovely fry and something good to read
thank you fryphille

I am what I am

exoskeleton

Posted Mon Mar 2nd, 2009 8:09pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
the music choices make me feel a little goofy sitting here listening to Coldplay. X-D

some prescient comments there as well. I love reading old interviews and being like "oh you're so right, he will continue to be around for many years!!!"

sockdolager.