Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Fri Apr 10th, 2009 6:54pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Ginj, firstly, trying to figure out how you got musical symbols in a response.

Secondly, the Thin Blue Line episode was called "Kids Today", and it's on the first disc of the series.

Thirdly, we'll see . . .

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

ginj

Member *

Posted Fri Apr 10th, 2009 7:18pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Thanks, Fryphile. I will look for that episode.

Ginj, firstly, trying to figure out how you got musical symbols in a response.
I'm not very computer program savvy, so I have hearts and musical notes in a word document, and just open the word doc and copy and paste when needed (it works with tweets too ).

Still reading through old posts
Have you heard of the streaker incident that happened last season? Some audience member stripped and charged the stage to hug Stephen.
This is a post from 2006, but still, . Are you serious? Alright that is kind of scary.

Mandibles

Posted Fri Apr 10th, 2009 11:25pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Ginj dear, I'm certain you can see the streaker incident on the QI series C DVD extras.

*giggles*

Natalie: "Are you finished with your coffee cup Stephen?"
Stephen: "Yes Natalie darling I am, although it's not a coffee cup, it's a teacup..."

*5 minute debate later*

Result: The contents of the cup do not determine the name of the cup. The cup is a cup/mug whether it contains tea/coffee/ribena/hot chocolate or any other beverage.

ginj

Member *

Posted Fri Apr 10th, 2009 11:33pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
They wouldn't dare. X-D It would probably be the best selling QI series ever.

No QI over here. I have tried looking on E-bay but it says that DVD player must be able to play Region 2, I checked and my dvd player is Region 1 only. Hey would they work in a computer? I wouldn't mind watching them on my computer.

exoskeleton

Posted Fri Apr 10th, 2009 11:52pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
not to derail the topic too much, but I know there are things you can do to your computer to configure it so it can play region 2. I do not know whether it's legal and/or difficult. I was investigating for the same reason unfortunately. I have been able to watch lots of QI online, but I have not found DVD extras. I hate watching the shows without paying. I'd pay the BBC if I could, I am serious!

sockdolager.

Julia from Bristol

Posted Fri Apr 10th, 2009 11:58pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
I hate watching the shows without paying. I'd pay the BBC if I could, I am serious!

The establishment loves you! X-D

I have a cunning plan!

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sat Apr 11th, 2009 4:07am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
The VLC Media Player plays just about everything

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

exoskeleton

Posted Sat Apr 11th, 2009 6:14am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
I hate watching the shows without paying. I'd pay the BBC if I could, I am serious!

The establishment loves you! X-D

and I love the establishment. they give me things I want and I want to encourage more of the same in the future. sounds a bit like a sheep, but I'm sure everyone here agrees QI is something you want!

(I can attest to the VLC player being pretty darn awesome...if it plays Region 2 DVDs then I'm already set in that dept! )

sockdolager.

dulieGirl

Posted Sat Apr 11th, 2009 1:56pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Ginj, just check out this website:

http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks

It shows you how to hack into your DVD player and change the regional coding. Now I can play the QI and SF in America DVDs, without having to buy the more expensive multi-region DVD players like my friends.

ginj

Member *

Posted Sat Apr 11th, 2009 2:06pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Thank you, thank you DulieGirl and Fryphile, I will definitely check out both of those sites, because I would love to be able to see some dvds that are only available in Region 2. May wait for my nephew to help with any hacking though.

Now back to Fry-a-Day.

gemini

Posted Sat Apr 11th, 2009 2:40pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Since we're at requests: I have one as well. Does anyone have the below picture of Stephen and Hugh in a larger version? That would be just great!

Hope

Member *

Posted Sat Apr 11th, 2009 2:51pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
I just found some fennel in the fridge.
I'll never be able to look at it in the same way again. X-D

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sat Apr 11th, 2009 4:40pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Since we're at requests: I have one as well. Does anyone have the below picture of Stephen and Hugh in a larger version? That would be just great!

Sorry, not I, but WTF X-D

Bartholomew LOLs, too.

Jeeves is appalled at such improper posture and attire.

But he quickly composes himself.

Angelic Jeeves is an angel on your shoulder.

ginj

Member *

Posted Sat Apr 11th, 2009 4:47pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Doesn't he look cute up there. I love the last two pictures. I want a Jeeves for my shoulder. X-D Thanks, Fryphile.

PamJH

Posted Sat Apr 11th, 2009 4:53pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Two marvelous gents in her room at once and she can only think about Stinker Pinker. What a doofus.