Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Soph

Posted Sat Apr 25th, 2009 8:34pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Edited to add the photo found above, which I find most scrumptious!
I saw that today, too. I like a slightly moist Stephen.. sweat dripping hair..

Photobucket

exoskeleton

Posted Sat Apr 25th, 2009 11:45pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
so maybe he looks like Jeeves who just spent apparently months lost at sea? (except after shaving)

sockdolager.

Soph

Posted Sun Apr 26th, 2009 12:08am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
LOL. Yes, it's exactly alike. Almost like he hasn't aged at all.. Or shaved.

Photobucket

exoskeleton

Posted Sun Apr 26th, 2009 2:54am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
just wanted to mention to all.
in a loud voice:
don't post any of those pictures from the site Stephen linked! they are very nice indeed but if you reproduce them you must pay 100 pounds and I don't think having them here is quite worth that.

(there does not seem to be a prohibition against saving the the watermarked images to your private computer and then never showing them to another soul.)

(on second thought, I am deleted them from my computer...but they really are nice! I just don't have nearly that much money if I turn out to be doing it wrong. )

sockdolager.

gjhsu

Posted Sun Apr 26th, 2009 3:47am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
A few more from the Bones episodes:

Official production shots, no less, and as such are copyrighted to the Fox corporation

Katrina

Posted Sun Apr 26th, 2009 10:21am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
I looooooove the sideburns!

Open to suggestions as to what my sig should consist of...

Julia from Bristol

Posted Sun Apr 26th, 2009 10:51am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
He is a much slimmer Stephen now of course!

I have a cunning plan!

Soph

Posted Sun Apr 26th, 2009 11:45am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Stephen didn't long film that Bones episode, did he? That's what startles me. Unless I'm confusing episodes.

just wanted to mention to all.
in a loud voice:
don't post any of those pictures from the site Stephen linked! they are very nice indeed but if you reproduce them you must pay 100 pounds and I don't think having them here is quite worth that.

(there does not seem to be a prohibition against saving the the watermarked images to your private computer and then never showing them to another soul.)

(on second thought, I am deleted them from my computer...but they really are nice! I just don't have nearly that much money if I turn out to be doing it wrong. )
Really? I'm slightly concerned now. I thought any photo that has watermarks could be reposted anywhere. And you only pay if you want the photo without the watermarks. If you're right, it's best I don't save them, it'll be far to tempting to repost sometime, most probably when I've forgotten.
Edit: I've just read were it says 'you agree to pay £100 for each image' for reposting on another site. That's harsh, I'm going to be so careful from now on.

Photobucket

Julia from Bristol

Posted Sun Apr 26th, 2009 11:49am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Newbie here - where do I find the watermarks?

I have a cunning plan!

Soph

Posted Sun Apr 26th, 2009 11:53am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Watermarks are the copyright, the faded text usually on the middle of the photo, It says whom they belong to.

Photobucket

Help

Posted Sun Apr 26th, 2009 11:59am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
I was under the impression aslong as they had the watermark on then you didn't have to pay as you aren't trying to claim it as your own?
Eeek!

Julia from Bristol

Posted Sun Apr 26th, 2009 12:13pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Watermarks are the copyright, the faded text usually on the middle of the photo, It says whom they belong to.

Can you see them on the screen? I know about watermarks on paper & you hold it up to the light you can see it but how does that work when they are posted here?

I have a cunning plan!

ginj

Member *

Posted Sun Apr 26th, 2009 1:59pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Yes, the watermark will show up on the picture on your screen (although in some cases it may be faint). I am so tempted to post one of the pictures just to show you, X-D . Are you trying to trick me? Just kidding. X-D They are nice pictures. I really like the last one. And exoskeleton, I don't think they would have any way of knowing if you saved the picture to your computer.

Yes, Soph, it was only about two months ago that Stephen filmed that episode (tried to do a search on old tweets to confirm, but again kept getting a "that page not available" response).

ETA: Just noticed, Fryphile, that we not only passed one million views but by over 60 views. Wow. Definitely the most popular thread on the forum. Although I am a little disappointed that there weren't any pink sparklies. Congrats, Fryphile.

exoskeleton

Posted Sun Apr 26th, 2009 4:31pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
oh...maybe I will go back and save them again. I haven't ever run into an internet copyright problem in the past but I'm always wary of messing up in the future.

sockdolager.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sun Apr 26th, 2009 4:57pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Here's to a million voluminous, vibrant, voyeristic views! Thanks for lurving Stephen so much. He is eyecandy, mindcandy, heartcandy, laughcandy, but not John Candy.

*reminisces about the first view* In a way, it was A after all:

*splashes in ocean of pink sparklies*

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry