Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Sat Mar 3rd, 2007 9:35am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Didn´t dare to peek in yesterday as I had run out of hankies

The concluding session in my cycle of desensitisation treatments for embrace-ophobia

Shrink (more or less at the end of his tether): But you have had 3 dozen treatments now, you must have noticed SOME improvement.
With shaky hands, pulls out some pictures. Now look at these...
Shows G a picture of a sweet cuddly labrador puppy

G (barely looking at it, with a forced smile): How sweet... reminds me of lavatory paper

Pic of Nicolage Cage follows - plus an encouraging smile from the Shrink: He DOES have the same eyes as your work colleague....

G: Oh, give me a break! My work colleague is a bl***y womaniser! I´d rather become a nun - it takes more than a pair of blue eyes to make a man

Trying to keep his cool, Shrink produces a pic of Paddington Bear
G: THAT IS FOR KIDS - FOR HEAVEN´S SAKE - COME, COME, YOU CAN DO SO MUCH BETTER THAN THAT (!)

Shrink jumps up, hands to head, a crazed look in his eyes:You need high-dose desensitisation therapy, you hard-headed....

On the brink of a nervous breakdown, Shrink pulls out his last picture, whispering: Honey, don´t you think THIS deserves an embrace?

G: Oh well, perhaps a little one

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sat Mar 3rd, 2007 4:45pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
From the Gosford Park DVD.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sat Mar 3rd, 2007 4:46pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

G: Oh well, perhaps a little one

Yay! You're cured! Now to find the real thing to practice on . . .

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Sat Mar 3rd, 2007 6:56pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Yay! You're cured! Now to find the real thing to practice on . . .

Do NOT encourage me

Gosford Park Great film, a little weird though, if I may say so... I only have it on video (taped it ages ago), this pic must be from Special Features or so . I remember wanting to see the film because of Richard E Grant - the name Stephen Fry did not ring any bells at the time How things change (!) X-D

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sun Mar 4th, 2007 4:18pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Completing the completely unintentional weeklong theme of Waistcoat!Stephen . . .

That blasted Stephen is nothing but a kiss up.

From the "Firing" sketch, Boffle season three, episode three.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Mon Mar 5th, 2007 2:37pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
This week's theme is going to be predictable. Sadly predictable.

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Mon Mar 5th, 2007 3:31pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
This week's theme is going to be predictable. Sadly predictable.

Oh Fryphile, do you want us to be in tears all week long?
*grabs for the first packet of handkerchiefs*

(or is the sadness brought on by the gingery tinge to Stephen´s hair
Apologies to all "redheads" (and I like redheads...), but Ginger Stephen - unthinkable (cf. Clover sketch, OMG !!)

AxmxZ

Posted Mon Mar 5th, 2007 6:16pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

(or is the sadness brought on by the gingery tinge to Stephen´s hair
Apologies to all "redheads" (and I like redheads...), but Ginger Stephen - unthinkable (cf. Clover sketch, OMG !!)

I think a ginger Stephen is a fabulous thought. Quite fabulous. Or not even ginger but bright copper. Then he'd be exactly like one of my favorite children's literature characters of all time, Martin from "Kees, The Admiral of Tulips." (He was a super-tall rake-thin Jesuit novice, two years older than the kid protagonist, seemed to know everything about everything, and every other word out of his chatty mouth was a lie except for his more outrageous claims - those always somehow turned out to be true.)

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Mon Mar 5th, 2007 6:43pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
[I think a ginger Stephen is a fabulous thought. Quite fabulous. Or not even ginger but bright copper. Then he'd be exactly like one of my favorite children's literature characters of all time, Martin from "Kees, The Admiral of Tulips." (He was a super-tall rake-thin Jesuit novice, two years older than the kid protagonist, seemed to know everything about everything, and every other word out of his chatty mouth was a lie except for his more outrageous claims - those always somehow turned out to be true.)

OH fond childhood memories (I just loved those Sams books! it is all about a little cobold turning up out of the blue, always being up to some mischief! and MEFFI, that little devil, is my all-time-favourite redhead) - do you still think a ginger Stephen is a fabulous thought (please focus on the hair (!) Sams is not exactly an oil painting )

AxmxZ

Posted Mon Mar 5th, 2007 8:15pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Sams is not exactly an oil painting )

Neither is Stephen, as far as he's concerned, so what's the problem?

I've known some seriously hot redheads. (Although none of them had the stereotypical temper. One of the sweetest, most genial fellows I know is bright orange.)

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Mon Mar 5th, 2007 8:33pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

I've known some seriously hot redheads. (Although none of them had the stereotypical temper. One of the sweetest, most genial fellows I know is bright orange.)

Ergo: Never judge someone by the colour of their hair One of my schoolmates had bright orange hair too (a bit like Pippi Langstrumpf) and was the calmest of creatures I have ever met. And she made up her own mathematical formulae which enabled her to solve a maths problem in half the time - even our maths teacher was impressed (now that´s genius!)

Isn´t it strange that certain colours of hair are associated with specific characteristics, like red hair - temper; blond - stupid (blond und blöd) and all the jokes that come with it (what is it when a blond woman dyes her hair - arificial intelligence - aaargh! I´ve heard them all) - but I have not heard of any unfavourable qualities/characteristics being ascribed to DARK HAIRED INDIVIDUALS? how come, or did I miss anything

AxmxZ

Posted Mon Mar 5th, 2007 8:46pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
[quote="Gerti"]
Isn´t it strange that certain colours of hair are associated with specific characteristics, like red hair - temper; blond - stupid (blond und blöd) and all the jokes that come with it (what is it when a blond woman dyes her hair - arificial intelligence - aaargh! I´ve heard them all) - but I have not heard of any unfavourable qualities/characteristics being ascribed to DARK HAIRED INDIVIDUALS? how come, or did I miss anything

D'you hear that odd whirring sound? Why, it's the entire Third Reich spinning in their collective graves!

I think us brunettes have got enough shit from the melanin-challenged over the ages - we're just getting some of our own back.

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Mon Mar 5th, 2007 9:07pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

D'you hear that odd whirring sound? Why, it's the entire Third Reich spinning in their collective graves!

I think us brunettes have got enough shit from the melanin-challenged over the ages - we're just getting some of our own back.

OMG, now I really put my foot in it, apologies...

AxmxZ

Posted Mon Mar 5th, 2007 9:15pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

OMG, now I really put my foot in it, apologies...

No worries. Sign of progress, really.

Betsie

Posted Tue Mar 6th, 2007 4:23am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Hello, new girl on the block here. I've caught up on ALL 55 pages, Fryphile and Friends. Can I play too?