Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Wed Mar 7th, 2007 6:51pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Twister is a game that looks like this.

And it took me a while to realize that "Trifle" was referring to what they were eating. (Yeah, too much focus on LEGS and Stephen's almost phallically-placed left foot.) I've never heard of it, but your recipe sounds delicious.

I SEE thanks a lot for enlightening me, Fryphile!

sorry about the trifle... but it is not MY recipe, heaven forbid! It is a traditional British/English recipe and I was not even aware of its existence until 1982 when I first visited the UK. I´ll try to find a recipe plus picture for you and post it in the relevant thread.... (even though I feel I am not authorised to do so, being only a guest in the UK...but I´ll give it my best shot)

stomper4x4

Posted Wed Mar 7th, 2007 10:48pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Yipes! I've always been a sucker for long thin legs...and those are four of the best ones out there.

Zefla

Posted Wed Mar 7th, 2007 11:34pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Is it wrong that this photo immediately made me recall the Southpark jibe about how all indie movies involve gay cowboys eating pudding? :-//

yes..yes it is very very wrong but also highly amusing.

mmmm hugh.....erm....i mean trifle of course.:-//

as for the making of the trifle for Fryphile these recipes are great :

http://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/a-summer-trifle.....88,RC.html

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Trifle/Detail.aspx

You can use whatever flavour jelly you like- just don't then put pineapple in the damn stuff cuz it never sets properly.

apologies for posting the trifle recipes here- I have no idea if we have a food section. also- hooray i got quotes to work!!!

Betsie

Posted Thu Mar 8th, 2007 5:57am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Speaking of LEGS

I bet they're really good at Twister.

Fryphile, OMG, I was just telling my mom about this sketch last night. I love how they're all.."we're even too cool for ourselves." How many times have we seen people like that? I squeaked when I saw you had posted this. Thanks!

(btw, I wouldn't knock either one of them off my Twister mat...)

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Thu Mar 8th, 2007 2:30pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Hugh's being Pointy McPointer. He's the lone Pointer Sister. I think Stephen gets his point. I bet he went to West Point. If he were a dog, he'd be a . . . shitzu

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

AxmxZ

Posted Thu Mar 8th, 2007 5:29pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
If Hugh were a dog, he'd be a Husky. And if Stephen were a dog, he'd be a cat.

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Thu Mar 8th, 2007 7:27pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
If Hugh were a dog, he'd be a Husky. And if Stephen were a dog, he'd be a cat.

YES, a Husky with ice-blue eyes

But I think, Stephen´d be a St. Bernard dog Note the similarities:

- known worldwide as "the dog that rescues people" - well, figuratively speaking perhaps (from boredom, falling asleep in front of the telly, mental decline...)
- much loved as a gentle family companion - YEEEEES
- perhaps somewhat clumsy in the confines of a suburban home - er, well, don´t know :-//
- but with a big heart and friendly demeanor - YEEEES

[KITTYPUSS]

Posted Thu Mar 8th, 2007 7:51pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
not to mention theyre both sweet and cuddly

Wildean

Posted Fri Mar 9th, 2007 11:38am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Speaking of LEGS

I bet they're really good at Twister.

I SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED like mad when i first saw that sketch! thanks for posting!

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Fri Mar 9th, 2007 2:25pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
The unfancy critics in their infancy.

Stephen's socks work on nine levels.

I bet he could put his ankles behind his head if he tried.

This ees some gooood sheete, mon.

Toss a penny in Stephen's mouth! Come on, everyone! Toss a penny into Stephen's mouth! Win a prize!

Bunny!Fry

What's interesting about the previously posted critics is that Stephen's shirt matches Hugh's tie and Hugh's shirt has a similar pattern to Stephen's tie. And they switch jackets in this today's piccies. My friend surmises that they wore each other's clothing a lot. No comment . . .

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Fri Mar 9th, 2007 3:06pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

My friend surmises that they wore each other's clothing a lot. No comment . . .

Well, some things have changed since then, I´m afraid except for Mr Fry´s beautiful hands (I bet he never does the washing up )

AxmxZ

Posted Fri Mar 9th, 2007 6:06pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

I bet he could put his ankles behind his head if he tried.

He was limbering up for the afterparty.

What's interesting about the previously posted critics is that Stephen's shirt matches Hugh's tie and Hugh's shirt has a similar pattern to Stephen's tie. And they switch jackets in this today's piccies. My friend surmises that they wore each other's clothing a lot. No comment . . .

Another convenience of having a similar-sized best friend. Wonder if they did that in real life as well? (I've never heard of guy friends wearing each other's clothing, but with those two.... at least one pink shirt seems to have traveled between them extensively for the better part of the 90s. 8-O)

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sat Mar 10th, 2007 4:04pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Stephen is fentastically fentastic.

OMG one chin

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Sat Mar 10th, 2007 6:27pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
I love this sketch, especially when Stephen gets really anxious as Emma starts twisting his hand
I´d gladly walk to the window with him - I´m not so sure about getting whipped senseless though X-D

AxmxZ

Posted Sat Mar 10th, 2007 6:45pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

From that angle he looks amazingly like an 1830s painting. Very clean lines and an otherworldly air. I just love it.