Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Tue Aug 11th, 2009 1:37pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

I'm making a post.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

gadgetgirl

Posted Tue Aug 11th, 2009 2:06pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Doing my best to assist:

Twitter Fry-A-Day

That would be me.

PamJH

Posted Tue Aug 11th, 2009 3:09pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

If I get nothing else back, I want Fry-A-Day. What should we do, folks? Start tweeting Stephen en masse so he looks into this for us? We've been asked to be patient. We've asked for information and updates which we haven't received. What's the next step?

gemini

Posted Tue Aug 11th, 2009 3:51pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Maybe we should camp infront of Stephen's house?!

Meanwhile:

PamJH

Posted Tue Aug 11th, 2009 3:57pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

gemini said:
Maybe we should camp infront of Stephen's house?!

I've got tents. If you've got firewood and a few cooking pots I'll meet you over there. My god, their eyes are so very blue.

exoskeleton

Posted Tue Aug 11th, 2009 4:03pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Camping-- good idea! I had a dream last night I was camping and Hugh was staying in a nearby cabin, which I thought was kinda cool.

I am all for patience, although I admit that updates (even weekly!) would be greatly appreciated.

sockdolager.

ginj

Member *

Posted Tue Aug 11th, 2009 4:22pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

exoskeleton said:

I am all for patience, although I admit that updates (even weekly!) would be greatly appreciated.

Oh you are in luck then. ClairBear updated last night. Have you seen her update?

I don't want to rush them in their work, I am being serious when I say it is probably complicated and time consuming. However, their lack of response to valid comments and concerns is troubling(and imo inexcusable - I would never keep my job if I didn't respond to the subscribers concerns, but I live in a differnt country so it may be cultural).

gemini

Posted Tue Aug 11th, 2009 4:30pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

PamJH said:

I've got tents. If you've got firewood and a few cooking pots I'll meet you over there.

But it gets very cold at night in Norfolk!! And forget about the pots, I was thinking we're just asking Stephen to share the contents of his fridge with us (safes him the calories).

gjhsu

Posted Tue Aug 11th, 2009 5:01pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Stephen says "sup" to 4chan.

Although I suspect that's photoshopped because the nose is backwards, but the message is not. O noes!

exoskeleton

Posted Tue Aug 11th, 2009 5:27pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

ginj said:
Oh you are in luck then. ClairBear updated last night. Have you seen her update?

I did see that, but your comment prompted me to check out the technical section again, and I see lots of new information on progress, which is great, exactly what I wanted! see look at that, smilies!!! :D

edit: I have no idea why that middle smilie isn't working...also, I have to say that for a second I though ginj meant I was in luck and I'd be leaving soon for my camping trip with Hugh.

sockdolager.

PamJH

Posted Tue Aug 11th, 2009 5:33pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

gemini said:
But it gets very cold at night in Norfolk!! And forget about the pots, I was thinking we're just asking Stephen to share the contents of his fridge with us (safes him the calories).

If we're going to use his fridge, we might as well commandeer his sitting room. Let's check the wine cellar, too.

ginj

Member *

Posted Tue Aug 11th, 2009 5:42pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

exoskeleton said:
I did see that, but your comment prompted me to check out the technical section again, and I see lots of new information on progress, which is great, exactly what I wanted! see look at that, smilies!!! :D

I think I am falling in love with Simon. He, at least, seems to be making a real effort to respond to our posts and requests. Do you think Stephen will let us keep him?

gadgetgirl

Posted Tue Aug 11th, 2009 6:10pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

OOOOH and my favourite
Fryphile is what we need now!

I think the forum is slowly drinking one of Jeeves restoratives...

That would be me.

Midsomerlover

Posted Wed Aug 12th, 2009 9:40am Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Let's not dispare people, we WILL get our Fry-a-day back! (If not I agree with the plans stated above )

@midsomerlover on Twitter.

gemini

Posted Wed Aug 12th, 2009 4:15pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

PamJH said:
If we're going to use his fridge, we might as well commandeer his sitting room. Let's check the wine cellar, too.

I'm really warming up to the idea! Yeah let's raid the wine cellar but only if Stephen joins us (I like to see him drunk again

)