Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sun Mar 11th, 2007 4:19pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
I have never wanted to be a purple chair so desperately in all my life.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Maniac

Posted Sun Mar 11th, 2007 4:35pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
lol

Maniac

Posted Sun Mar 11th, 2007 4:36pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
The poor chap looks knackered there.

Betsie

Posted Mon Mar 12th, 2007 3:20am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Lovely, Fryphile. Where did you find that one? You do such a great job finding us new drool material.

Newbie request.... could we spend a week with Peter and his shiny friends? I love the one that was posted earlier of him on the stone staircase. What better place to find waist-coated Stephen, eh? Or beautiful green velvet jacket Stephen? Or walking through the morning fog?? (OK, I've seen it too many times....I have no shame. But what a cast!)

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Mon Mar 12th, 2007 1:54pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Guess what I received over the weekend . . .

QI Season One DVD with unaired Pilot episode!!!!!!

LOL set

LOL tie

LOL Alan's hair

LOL Eddie Izzard

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Mon Mar 12th, 2007 2:03pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Lovely, Fryphile. Where did you find that one? You do such a great job finding us new drool material.

Thanks so much! Perhaps I should pass out bibs before posting Someone posted that particular pic on Live Journal, and I shamelessly pinched it for all of you.

Peter's Friends is crushingly fantastic. I can't watch it without spending the next four days sobbing. But I'll be brave and look Stephen straight in the nipple and watch it again with my capping hat on. That will be next week's theme-aroo!

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Mon Mar 12th, 2007 2:09pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Lucky you

The whole scene looks very sterile... (QI panel operating here )
it makes them all look fairly drained...

And bad hair day all around

Actually, I like that tie (!)

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Mon Mar 12th, 2007 7:34pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Peter's Friends is crushingly fantastic. I can't watch it without spending the next four days sobbing. But I'll be brave and look Stephen straight in the nipple and watch it again with my capping hat on. That will be next week's theme-aroo!

PeterĀ“s Friends is fentastically fentastic I shall have to buy more tissues for next week then (!) I love that film, but I just hate the ending because it is sooo sad (I once was involved in a clinical trial investigating viral loads in HIV positive individuals, and after two years, the initial patient population had halved, it was horrible, or - when I arrived early to pick up the samples - I could see the progressive physical decline in them and their suffering, heartbreaking :'( ) - but you are not alone, Fryphile, when it comes to crying - and I am not even ashamed of being such a big blubber :'( (Has anyone seen Philadelphia with Tom Hanks? Has pretty much the same effect on me) But "WDYTYA?" makes me cry even more, because it is real ("harrowing" as someone wrote almost a year ago)... and "TSLOTMD" :'( )

melampus

Posted Mon Mar 12th, 2007 11:48pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
[quote="Gerti"]
But "WDYTYA?" makes me cry even more, because it is real ("harrowing" as someone wrote almost a year ago)... and "TSLOTMD" :'( )

I agree. I found TSLOTMD desperately sad, especially when the doctor said Stephen rated a 70 on the scale (but 70 out of what... a 100?) I'm terribly worried about him. Sometimes I wish I'd never seen the doco (on YouTube, we never got it here on Australian TV) because it has sort of cast a shadow over his work -- sometimes I don't enjoy it as much as I used to because I now know something of Stephen's internal turmoil. On the other hand, it also helps me appreciate and admire the man and his work so much more.

And on the OTHER hand (yes, I have three), I think TSLOTMD is amazingly courageous and it has absolutely opened my eyes to the lives of people living with this illness. And I send out good vibes to them, and to all the families and friends and loved ones who care for people like Stephen. How they cope with the constant worry I will never know.

But I am totally off-topic, so I will shut up now. Thanks so much for the purple chair pic... just gorgeous.

PS: Stephen take your fish oil, it could really help!!!

Fryed-And-Tested

Posted Tue Mar 13th, 2007 1:04am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
From the intro to SLOTMD just now. Fuzzy phone pic, I'm afraid. Loving his hair.

Betsie

Posted Tue Mar 13th, 2007 3:22am Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Thanks so much! Perhaps I should pass out bibs before posting Someone posted that particular pic on Live Journal, and I shamelessly pinched it for all of you.

A big thank you. At least we'll all be crying together. Especially when Branagh is doing his drunk bit. Maybe we should have a simultaneous conference viewing, like a support group.

:'(

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Tue Mar 13th, 2007 1:18pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Stephen is salivating for knowledge.

This look makes me X-D

Stephen impersonating Freddy Krueger chasing Tina down the alley at the beginning of A Nightmare on Elm Street. Or not.

Stephen is salivating for Eddie Izzard.

I didn't think that Stephen laughed as much during the pilot compared to other episodes.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Tue Mar 13th, 2007 1:25pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Maybe we should have a simultaneous conference viewing, like a support group.

:'(

That would come in handy considering I spent two hours last night capping PF and only got about thirty minutes into the movie. I had to stop many times to enjoy the serene scenery of Stephen's face. *heavy lovesick sigh*

Fryed-And-Tested, Stephen's a fuzzlemunch!

Fryed-And-Tested

Posted Tue Mar 13th, 2007 4:33pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Fryed-And-Tested, Stephen's a fuzzlemunch!

Eee!! Great word!

Oh, it's one of the great words.

Peter's Friends is sad :'( ... but good...

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Tue Mar 13th, 2007 5:03pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Oh, it's one of the great words.

That reminds me to pick up a packet of arsebandits on my way home tonight.