Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Julia from Bristol

Posted Mon Aug 17th, 2009 4:27pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

These pics are just glorious! You can hear the noise & smell the fumes!

I have a cunning plan!

PamJH

Posted Mon Aug 17th, 2009 5:18pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Gerti said:
Men should all be long-legged (i.e. taller than 6ft 2in) because:
a) they are easy to spot
b) they are very sexy
c) they look drop-dead gorgeous in DJs
d) their proportions are perfect
e) they are just the right height for me
f) they usually have long slender fingers too
Sadly, all the tall guys I know are not available oh well, never mind

I have to agree with this list, esp. e. They also walk fast, as do I, and I like a man who can keep up with me!

gjhsu

Posted Mon Aug 17th, 2009 5:28pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

I feel discriminated against as a sub-6-footer (just shy at 5'10")

But I do walk quickly, and am an experienced crowd walker (no crowd tough enough for me to get through!)

monochromeprincess

Posted Mon Aug 17th, 2009 7:13pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

gjhsu said:

But I do walk quickly, and am an experienced crowd walker (no crowd tough enough for me to get through!)

I like being short because it's easy to get through crowds too.
I dislike being short because if I eat any more than a celery leaf a day I look as rotund as a weeble.

mp xxx

@dreamingshadow

Hope

Member *

Posted Mon Aug 17th, 2009 8:43pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Tall men are lovely - Stephen Fry, Hugh Laurie, Jarvis Cocker, Nick Cave, Oscar Wilde. Mmmm. Gerti, you're right with that list! I mean, long legs just look so good in trousers.

My brother's taller than me already and he's 13, I'm a rather pathetic 5 foot 4 (just).

Katrina

Posted Tue Aug 18th, 2009 4:50am Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Hope said:
Tall men are lovely - Stephen Fry, Hugh Laurie, Jarvis Cocker, Nick Cave, Oscar Wilde. Mmmm. Gerti, you're right with that list! I mean, long legs just look so good in trousers.

My brother's taller than me already and he's 13, I'm a rather pathetic 5 foot 4 (just).

Aaaaaaaaagreed. I'm not THAT tall, just 5'8", but I have decided that my husband will be between 6' and 6'2". That's just the way it's going to be.

Open to suggestions as to what my sig should consist of...

TobiasMonk

Posted Tue Aug 18th, 2009 5:26am Post subject: Fry-A-Day

I wouldn't mind being a bit shorter, it can be a challenge finding clothes in a 36" inseam, and then of course there's that whole forgetting to duck thing too.

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

PamJH

Posted Tue Aug 18th, 2009 7:18am Post subject: Fry-A-Day

TobiasMonk said:
I wouldn't mind being a bit shorter, it can be a challenge finding clothes in a 36" inseam, and then of course there's that whole forgetting to duck thing too.

I'm the shortest member of the family at 5'7". Spouse is 6 ft, daughter 5'9" and son almost 5'10". Must be that's why I like height. And a 36" inseam is damn difficult to find. A friend of mine is about 6'5" and has much trouble finding jeans that fit correctly.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Tue Aug 18th, 2009 2:17pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Stephen and Hugh are getting their baby baptized. Stephen works at the church, so he gets a 15% discount.

Your TPS report doesn't have a cover sheet, Tony.

BUSKING? BUSKING? BUSKING? That's make a good ringtone.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

PamJH

Posted Tue Aug 18th, 2009 3:03pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Stephen looks very godlike and holy in the first one. But then we knew that.

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Tue Aug 18th, 2009 3:33pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Control in b/w makes me lose control. (I´m all in favour of the return of b/w, films like Brief Encounter or Green Man just would not be the same in colour). Ta Fryphilie !

ginj

Member *

Posted Tue Aug 18th, 2009 3:42pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Thanks, Fryphile.

gjhsu

Posted Tue Aug 18th, 2009 5:36pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Man, that would have been so fun to be a production stills photographer for that show!

exoskeleton

Posted Tue Aug 18th, 2009 6:10pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

gjhsu said:
Man, that would have been so fun to be a production stills photographer for that show!

it probably would have been fun (or at least cool) to be the floor sweeper or tea-maker or seat-cleaner for ABOFAL.

sockdolager.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Tue Aug 18th, 2009 7:58pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

exoskeleton said:
it probably would have been fun (or at least cool) to be the floor sweeper or tea-maker or seat-cleaner for ABOFAL.

Or Stephen's dresser. Or any other piece of furniture come to think of it.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry