Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

ginj

Member *

Posted Tue Sep 1st, 2009 3:32pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Very pleased to hear that they may have straightened out some of your posting problems, Fryphile. I also have another question. I am on a different computer than I was yesterday, but let me ask anyway, are the Pictionary pictures larger than they were yesterday? Have they also straightened out your problem with them compressing your pictures?

And yes, being snagged tweeting on National TV is a classic. However, I have to disagree with you, Fryphile, being creamily gorgeous does allow you to get away with such things.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Tue Sep 1st, 2009 4:17pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

The pictionary pics look the same size to me: small. Definitely not as large as seen in Photobucket. Maybe they've compressed them to save on bandwidth and other things I don't understand.

With that face and that body and those hands and that face again, Stephen can get away with anything!

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

ginj

Member *

Posted Tue Sep 1st, 2009 4:23pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Fryphile, seriously, on my computer right now, the Pictionary pictures are about 6 1/2" high x 12 1/2" wide. (Just took a ruler to them.) Really big.

gjhsu's Model shop picture is 9 1/4" wide. There are pictures that still appear smaller, but I am thinking they may actually be smaller pictures.

gemini

Posted Tue Sep 1st, 2009 5:22pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

exoskeleton said:
portmanteau of chill and relax! I used to dislike it but I've become more fond of it lately, mostly because I like having a word for over-the-top relaxation.

LOL thanks but I actually knew that! That comment of mine was just a feeble attempt to quote from "Kingdom".
But you used the word portmanteau, I really like that. Dunno why.

monochromeprincess

Posted Tue Sep 1st, 2009 6:16pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Oh wow, I remember watching that show, and only Stephen being there to be gorgeous and fine and sticky and lovely (and stopping off to be super once in a while) saved me from how dire that show was. Was it Chris Moyles? Well whether it was Chris Moyles or not, no one can quite express what a massive and supreme DICK he is.

ginj, I am quite used to making my webpages bigger and smaller as I have a long lead on my keyboard and mouse and sit in varying states away from my screen. Almost always, the web browser will remember if it's been 'zoomed in', so I just wondered if that was what might have happened to make the pictures bigger (that was the solution when I thought the forum had got bigger, because I forgot, and I was a total noob). The way I make my web pages zoom is by pressing ctrl and + (on my number pad) and ctrl and - to zoom out. (well actually, I don't, I use my keyboard's whizzy zoom slider, but that's what I would press if I didn't have it).

mp xxx

@dreamingshadow

ginj

Member *

Posted Tue Sep 1st, 2009 6:56pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Good thought MP, and if I were home I would have said yes, but I am at work, and I can't change anything on this computer (just gave it a try to make sure ). And it isn't all of the pictures, for example the Chris Moyles Show pics aren't that big, so I think it has to have something to do with the posted size of the actual picture. However, I do want to say thank you, because when I first got my new laptop, I saw where it said I could do that, but then I forgot how, so thanks for reminding me.

Just out of curiousity (and my apologies, Fryphile I don't want to steal your thread), am I the only one who is now seeing larger pictures? (Look at the Pictionary and Model Shop pics.)

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Tue Sep 1st, 2009 8:00pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

I measured the Pictionary pics and they were only eight inches wide for me. The Chris Moyles pics were capped at a smaller resolution so they shouldn't be much larger than what's posted. Do you get ads, Ginj? I don't get the ads anymore.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

monochromeprincess

Posted Tue Sep 1st, 2009 8:04pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

@dreamingshadow

exoskeleton

Posted Tue Sep 1st, 2009 8:06pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

gemini said:
LOL thanks but I actually knew that! That comment of mine was just a feeble attempt to quote from "Kingdom".
But you used the word portmanteau, I really like that. Dunno why.

oh, haha, didn't mean to overdo the information! I think I do remember what you're quoting now, and I have much appreciation for it!

sockdolager.

monochromeprincess

Posted Tue Sep 1st, 2009 8:07pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

If you right click on the picture, ginj, and go to properties, what does it tell you the image dimensions are?
For me, the pictionary caps are 960 x 536 px (scaled to 430 x 240 px)
my screenie is 1023 x 681 px (scaled to 430 x 286 px)
looks like everything's cut off to be 430 px wide.

mp xxx

@dreamingshadow

gjhsu

Posted Tue Sep 1st, 2009 8:19pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

monochromeprincess said:
If you right click on the picture, ginj, and go to properties, what does it tell you the image dimensions are?
For me, the pictionary caps are 960 x 536 px (scaled to 430 x 240 px)
my screenie is 1023 x 681 px (scaled to 430 x 286 px)
looks like everything's cut off to be 430 px wide.

mp xxx

Correct, they did this to fit in the framework of the Wordpress'ness of the new site. It's restricted so that the site looks as close to the same, no matter what browser/operating system you use.

ginj

Member *

Posted Tue Sep 1st, 2009 8:32pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

It says 930 X 536 but no scaled to thing in parentheses, and I don't know if this makes a difference but I have a slide bar on the bottom of my window so that I can slide right to get the whole picture in. Strange. No ads at work, Fryphile, never did, our IT people block them. It may have something to do with the settings that they use at work. Because the pictures weren't that big at home. But I mention it because it means the pictures can be seen bigger under some circumstances (ie. everyone comes to my work to view them ).

ginj

Member *

Posted Wed Sep 2nd, 2009 1:48am Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Home now, and small pictures. But there has to be a way of seeing full size pictures. They are there at work, so they are accessible. I just don't know anything about computers. I'm sorry.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Wed Sep 2nd, 2009 2:28pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

It's nice to see Stephen and Hugh writing together.

It's amazing that they've worked so close together for so long and never once had a disagreement.

Not one quibble.

Not one shouting match.

Not one egotistical tiff.

Not one festering ulcer brewing in their guts serving as an aching reminder of what a fatuous git their comedy partner is.

Not one angrily-worded stab in the solar plexis of the other's idiosyncrasies.

Not one rusty meat cleaver of personal vendetta that hacks - Ha! Hacks, does it? More like scrapes with slow, deliberate, inimical spite so that each individual layer of epidermis feels itself being flayed and stretched and ripped, exposing a poisoned wound, an incurable sore where the blood froths and falls like lunatics from a burning asylum.

They're perfect together.

ginj

Member *

Posted Wed Sep 2nd, 2009 3:12pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Ah yes, perfect together is write.