Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

nemelle

Member *

Posted Wed Dec 9th, 2009 9:02am Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Oh my bloody damn f*cking god, ladies, how great it is?!
How is Stephen always able to find the right way to put a nervous person at ease? The only fact that you're standing in front of your all-time hero is enough to stay nervous anyway, but he's so caring, so understanding.
I so understand your feelings, Ginj. Really, he makes you all torn apart: one part of you is squeeing with happiness and other is all 'oh my, it's STEPHEN FRY!!!' And it's absolutely true, in real life he's even more charming, sweet and handsome than one could imagine...
Nrepka, THE HUG. I'll say nothing more. You've beaten all Stephen's fangirls' records - and gosh, I'm so happy for you! Unforgettable.
Thank you for sharing your stories, dears! This makes me live through my own meeting-Stephen story again. I think I'll spend this day staring at my Twitter timeline and at your wonderful pictures simultaneously ('strabismus divergens', that's how they call it, huh? )
Stephen is the loveliest man ever. I'll never stop repeating it.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Wed Dec 9th, 2009 3:36pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Welcome to another installment of Microwave Lovemaking.

This week, Stephen Fry will be putting his beef goulash into the consensual and very grown up microwave.

Please Mr Music, will you play some Barry White.

Stephen's getting saucy.

See how easily it slides right in.

Stephen's getting sucky.

Stephen's getting wipey.

Oh! There's a threeway.

BTW, I've been confusing common words recently. Words like "lovemaking" and "just cooking some beef goulash". Soupy Nom.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Wed Dec 9th, 2009 3:37pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

I love hearing stories about how superhumanly adorable Stephen is. *sigh*

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

ginj

Member *

Posted Wed Dec 9th, 2009 3:52pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Oh my dear Fryphile, you didn't get anything mixed up at all. Very soupy.

ladyfromhamburg

Posted Wed Dec 9th, 2009 4:43pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Ginj and Nrepka, I’m so glad that you posted your stories and that you gave us an impression of the evening and your talks with Stephen. Hearing it is like being there – only standing in the background but with a big smile on the face. As Fryphile mentioned, it is so nice to hear (true) stories and together with all the photos you posted, it’s just perfect. Thank you so much for sharing. You surely will remember this evening to all eternity. I feel very happy for you and your lucky Dec. 7.

@gihsu I agree with you regarding the disappointment when finding out that persons are completely different or how you called it “aren’t very personable in person”. Fortunately, all stories we have got so far are telling that Stephen is only even more kind as assumed.

@Fryphile Very nice pics and captions today.

monochromeprincess

Posted Wed Dec 9th, 2009 5:00pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Oh what wonderful stories I imagine all of us fluffettes like all gathered around a campfire, our eyes wide open and each of us clutching marshmallows on sticks, our mouths wide open and saying things like, 'and then what did you say?' 'and then what did he say??' XD It makes it so real for everyone else, and now I feel like I was there with y'all too :D

On another note, I've just realised I was saying your name wrong in my head, ginj ;). Oh well, I can't stop now! XD

mp xxx

@dreamingshadow

speckledband

Posted Wed Dec 9th, 2009 6:22pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Congrats to all who met Stephen and actually went through with it!! I still don't think my mind could take it but there we go.
Oh and what's a fluffette?

Soph

Posted Wed Dec 9th, 2009 7:09pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Fryyyytastic stories, lovleys! Thanks for sharing 'em.

Ginj, that's wonderful! You see I told you he knew you! And he luuurves you. ; ] (Why Starbucks..? Sorry, thick here) Thanks for passing on the envelope, you're so thoughtful for getting books signed for others too. You're so kind hearted.

Nrepka, you made such wonderful conversation with him. And he was so lovely back. : ] But, the hug, wow! Fantastic.

I know, it's difficult to leave while Stephen is still around. That's why we waited too (in Oct). Sneaky glimpses. ; ] So lovely of him to wave.

The hairswipe, OHMYGOD. Nothing better than a real life Stephen hair swipe.

Really love the imagery, mp! xD

Speckledband, a Fluffette, is you and me and everyone on this forum. It's a person who is a Stephen Fry fan. Thought up by forum members on twitter. : ]

P.S. Stephen looks really nice in this weeks F-A-D . .

Photobucket

gjhsu

Posted Wed Dec 9th, 2009 7:33pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

monochromeprincess said:

On another note, I've just realised I was saying your name wrong in my head, ginj ;). Oh well, I can't stop now! XD

Mwahaha, I did the same thing, reading ginj with a hard 'g' sound

ginj

Member *

Posted Wed Dec 9th, 2009 7:47pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Mp and Gjhsu, it's funny because it's really just my dog's name (ginger) but I purposely spelled it ginj, hoping to it would be easy to understand rather than Ging (which would sound like Bing).

Oh Soph, didn't I tell you? That is where Stephen and I first met and declared our love for each other. Okay that was my Fryphile-style answer. To be honest I didn't know either, so I went home and checked their menu and see that they have a Ginger Latte for the holidays. But, squeeee, my head was about to explode when he said he thinks of me when he goes past a Starbucks. *happy, happy, happy sigh* Whether it is true or not, I will now always adore Starbucks. Think I will stop on the way home and get a Ginger Latte. I think they need to open more Starbucks.

And oh yeah the hair swipe, or the eyebrow lift, or the tight-lipped smile. I must admit everytime I saw him do one of those classic Stephen style moves I wanted to squee, there he was in real life, doing all of his most endearing habits.

repka

Posted Wed Dec 9th, 2009 8:06pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

ginj said:

And oh yeah the hair swipe, or the eyebrow lift, or the tight-lipped smile. I must admit everytime I saw him do one of those classic Stephen style moves I wanted to squee, there he was in real life, doing all of his most endearing habits.

And now we will look at him on the screen like returned Apollo astronauts were looking at the moon in the sky. It is just as mysterious and stunning, only we have touched it!

Wisdom is the ability to cope. - Stephen Fry, Harvard 2/22/11

@nrepka

speckledband

Posted Wed Dec 9th, 2009 8:45pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

@Soph, Oooh! I happen to see the phrase a lot round here lol!
That explains it I'm going to tell my mum i'm a fluffette

tui

Posted Wed Dec 9th, 2009 9:00pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

What amazing accounts of the signing ginj & nrepka.
He is such an amazingly special person, makes so many people happy, often just be the smallest of gestures or remarks, so thoughtful and kind.
Just as you think he can't get anymore adorable he goes to a whole new level.

Thank you for sharing with us
xx

Kakareen

Posted Wed Dec 9th, 2009 9:34pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Mandibles said:

Does it look to anyone else that everyone but Alan is grabbing Stephen's ass?

Kakareen

Posted Wed Dec 9th, 2009 9:38pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Mandibles said:

Is it just me, or is anyone else wondering about the location of hands?