Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

nongenderous

Posted Sat Jan 2nd, 2010 6:05pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

I made a few adjustments of the screen cap. Hope you approve:

monochromeprincess

Posted Sat Jan 2nd, 2010 6:47pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Fryphile said:
btw that's OMLPFRYTASTICALLYFABULOUS. Imagine directing Stephen.

Now, Stephen, in this scene you'll be nude.

But aren't I simply doing a voiceover?

Yes, but I want you nude for it.

LOL. That's hilarious! That is EXACTLY what I should have said at the party.

I know everyone has their own Fry fetishes, their favourite acting role or decade Stephen, but I can't say I like young and thin Stephen nearly as much as late 90s and 00s Stephen, and I'm not saying that because I'm trying to compliment him as he's not here (I can imagine people saying 'oh but you've grown more attractive with age!' as a way of making people feel better about getting old), but I actually do feel that way. As yet I couldn't give you a picture or any detail to say that's the one, but d'you know what I mean? I feel like I want to define how many 'variations' (sounds odd lol) there are of Stephen and set up a poll, I think it'd be interesting to see how much we overlap or differ when it comes to his 'best look' or 'best time'.

In a way, I think it's a good thing to take away for all of us, that there's no definite point in one person's life when they have an attractiveness and then a time when they don't; that people do change, obviously and undeniably, but so does your attraction to them, and there is always something constant in them that assures that you don't 'go off them'. Do you know what I mean? I guess I'd never thought about it before.

Sorry lol I'm not trying to turn FAD into sexual sociology or anything but I know y'all are an intellectual bunch (not to mention unbearably attractive too) so I thought you'd appreciate my random musings.

mp xxx

@dreamingshadow

ginj

Member *

Posted Sat Jan 2nd, 2010 8:36pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Hmm, to be honest, I don't think I have a favorite decade or time period for Stephen. I think I can go to every phase of his 30 years of performing and find pictures that are as handsome, sexy, and adorable as any other. The thing about Stephen that keeps me from 'going off' him, is his personality; his 'constant' is his kindness, his intelligence, his humor, his openness, and his honesty. The very things that we, sadly, won't have access to for the next four months. Sorry, but that is my honest answer, I find something cute about Stephen in every phase, because he is still Stephen.

ETA: As a matter of fact I think I have mentioned before, what I love the most in pictures are those facial expressions or actions (hair swipe) that can be seen throughout all of Stephen's career; the ideosyncracies that make him so darn adorable and so uniquely Stephen.

glueyourfingers

Posted Sat Jan 2nd, 2010 8:55pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

oh my lordiest of potatoes, does anybody have a link where I can watch Alfresco online?

repka

Posted Sun Jan 3rd, 2010 1:42am Post subject: Fry-A-Day

I agree with ginj - Stephen is a constant entity of unconditional goodness. It's like looking at the moon and trying to decide - which phase is better. For me Stephen is a beaming reminder that kindness, fabulosity, and inner grace can appear in a human form.

As far as the mp's 'poll' goes, I enjoy 'slender Stephiekins' photos most. Simply because he is more in piece with himself. In my world harmony starts with happy Fryster.

Wisdom is the ability to cope. - Stephen Fry, Harvard 2/22/11

@nrepka

Rathany

Posted Sun Jan 3rd, 2010 4:57am Post subject: Fry-A-Day

I don't have a favorite time period, I enjoy that we have a variety of Stephen to enjoy. Though, most of my favorite pictures are Stephen with Hugh, because adorkable BFFs are adorkable. There are few recent pics of them, together sadly,

gjhsu

Posted Sun Jan 3rd, 2010 6:18am Post subject: Fry-A-Day

I don't think I've ever seen this one before. Apols if it's already here somewheres.

merryway

Posted Sun Jan 3rd, 2010 11:39am Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Hi everyone *waves*

I'm fairly new here, mostly just looking through all of these marvellous pictures, but now I just have to say that I love his clothes in the last two ones. The utterly super lovely combination of blue, yellow and red! And this sweater! xDD

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sun Jan 3rd, 2010 3:43pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Yep, that's a newbie, gjhsu. It's free to mingle with the other yellow-shirted Stephens.

Uh-oh, here comes purple-tied Fry. Always butting in on yellow-shirt's turf.

Bye-bye yellow shirt.

Hello, handsome purple.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sun Jan 3rd, 2010 3:44pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Welcome to the Den of Stepheniquity merryway!

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

ginj

Member *

Posted Sun Jan 3rd, 2010 3:58pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

He looks so unbelievably handsome in those last two photos that I thought for a moment they may have been from the NY book signing, but they're not. Still, he looks really handsome in that suit and coat.

Soph

Posted Sun Jan 3rd, 2010 4:11pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Thanks all for the pictures! I also love what he's wearing in the pic gjhsu posted, perfect combination.

I absolutely adore every Stepheny era. Personally I'm attracted to young Alfresco-Fry&Laurie-Stephen, perhaps it's because it's the Stephen closest to my age, with a bit of a gaping hole but still. Contrasting, I think he looks at his BEST now, just how he is. I don't know if that's because it's the Stephen we've got to know more through twitter etc. : ] But I seriously think he's looking uber gorgeous these days. ; ]

Oh and welcome, merryway!

Photobucket

speckledband

Posted Sun Jan 3rd, 2010 5:28pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

I agree also - i have no specific favorite era of Stephen in fact i love em all!! Even his blonde phase

nemelle

Member *

Posted Sun Jan 3rd, 2010 5:31pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Aww, Fryphile, our beauty emissary. Lovely pictures!

As for my favourite time period of Stephenese gorgeousness... guys, my favourite time periods change 10 times a day and completely depend on what I'm watching! If it's Kingdom or some old QI episode, I go mad about fluffy and adorable teddy bear, if it's Wilde, I think that Oscar would be proud and happy to see such a beautiful man playing him, if it's Jeeves and Wooster or Peter's Friends, I totally admire the distinguished, handsome and oh-so-charming young aristocrat, and in Alfresco and Saturday Live I stare stupidly at a wonderfully attractive boy - in rare moments when this wonderfully attractive boy doesn't make me convulse with laughter. Seriously, Stephen is a marvel, and this doesn't depend on a time period, he's always beautiful, brilliant, witty, wise, funny, touching... he's always Stephen.
But I agree with those who think he's at his absolute best now. It's true. Maybe it's because of Twitter. Maybe it's because I met him at this period of his life... But there's a quote from my favourite novel by Stephen, The Hippopotamus: 'I've never seen her so cheerful and so... confident, Tedward'. That's exactly how I feel looking at Stephen now.

Crash and Burn

Posted Sun Jan 3rd, 2010 7:34pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Nemelle, I agree with everything you've just said. Aside from the meeting him at this period of his life, part. That has yet to happen for me.

And welcome merryway!