Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Fryed-And-Tested

Posted Fri Apr 20th, 2007 6:36pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Of what?

Isn't Bushwallyta the name of the sport Stephen and Hugh are playing in that sketch that's been capped?

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Fri Apr 20th, 2007 7:12pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Bushwallyta is the name of this sketch.

*sets about trying to make a workable picnic chair out of my turkey sandwich*

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

karoliina

Posted Fri Apr 20th, 2007 11:15pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Just decided to share a gem with you guys (even with the danger that it has been discovered ages ago and I am just pathetically slow!) :
I just found in Youtube some outtakes from QI - worth a check, they make you laugh! Just use "QI take out "as a search word.

That's all I do on Friday evenings with my time !

AxmxZ

Posted Fri Apr 20th, 2007 11:40pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Just decided to share a gem with you guys (even with the danger that it has been discovered ages ago and I am just pathetically slow!) :
I just found in Youtube some outtakes from QI - worth a check, they make you laugh! Just use "QI take out "as a search word.

That's all I do on Friday evenings with my time !

I love the first one, where he lectures Alan on grammar. Incidentally, he may be right on "none of them works" *technically*, but popular use of the "incorrect" form is so widespread that it's pretty much a moot point to argue, unless one is deliberately being a ponce (which he was, to be honest as well as fair). It's one of those conventions that have become standard. "None of them works" gets 27,100 Google hits; "none of them work" gets about five times that. Not really a battle worth picking.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sat Apr 21st, 2007 12:53am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Thanks karoliina! I think all those were on the QI Season 1 DVD.

Poor Stephen screwed the pooch on that one. All my grammar books say that none also means "not any" or "none of them", which makes it plural. So, "none of them work" works.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sat Apr 21st, 2007 3:54pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
*hugs wanted*

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Sat Apr 21st, 2007 8:12pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
:'( May I volunteer ?

boffinbabe12

Posted Sat Apr 21st, 2007 9:33pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
He does look simply adorable.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sat Apr 21st, 2007 10:00pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Sure. Just don't grab his ass. Well, maybe just once

He does look simply adorable.

Adorable is his default setting.

Fryed-And-Tested

Posted Sat Apr 21st, 2007 10:29pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Aww... poor Stephen!

*hugs*

Betsie

Posted Sun Apr 22nd, 2007 1:01am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
I sympathize and empathize with the man..... That's how I feel today. :'(

This is from the bipolar doc, isn't it? I think I had tears in my eyes at that moment. Man, when are we gonna get copies of that released here?!?

Fryphile wrote:"Adorable is his default setting." Too true, too true. That belongs on a poster of him in the fuzzy green slippers.

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Sun Apr 22nd, 2007 1:08pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Sure. Just don't grab his ...

Don´t worry! I´d rather grab his beautiful hands and look him in his lovely blue eyes - all very innocent

boffinbabe12

Posted Sun Apr 22nd, 2007 1:32pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
all this talk is making me fall in love with him all over again!

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sun Apr 22nd, 2007 7:12pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Big Trouble in Little Chair

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Mon Apr 23rd, 2007 4:35am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Okay, guys/gals, I have a cunning whatchyamacallit. For the theme this week, you, yes YOU, get to choose the pictures. However, you have to choose blindly and randomly without any pretext of thought or concern. You know, like presidential elections. Fill out/in the form below, and you'll get Stephen! Or maybe Hugh or Alan or Gussy or pics from my Vegas vacation.

Column:
Row:
Page:
Pic:

For Column, select one number from 0 to 3.
For Row, select one number from 1 to 24.
For Page, select one number from 1 to 48.
For Pic, select one number from 1 to 20.

No purchase necessary, enter as often as you like (but don't drive me mad), void where prohibited, do not operate heavy machinery while viewing pics because Stephen's face is likely to induce a SQUEESPASM.

Psst, column 2 has a lot of BOFFLE.