Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Fri Apr 27th, 2007 2:42pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
The end of Fry Lotto Week approaches like something that is fond of approaching. Get your requests in today! We'll move on to a more organized form of Fryness for next week. Or will we? Or won't we? Or will we? Or not. [/Gutfright]

For Gerti:
I can't seem to find the flush.

For Betsie:
M-A-R-M-A-L-A-D-E

For Fryed-And-Tested
Terrific. You landed on Fryphile's Vegas Vacation! Here, have a statue of Julius Caesar with a traffic light head.

For Soupy Twist:
Hugh > Beckham

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Fryed-And-Tested

Posted Fri Apr 27th, 2007 2:43pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Haha! Hang on, I've got an idea for that...

Fryed-And-Tested

Posted Fri Apr 27th, 2007 2:59pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Julius Stephen!

Aoibheann

Posted Fri Apr 27th, 2007 3:01pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
X-D X-D

Whose he pointing at?

Fryed-And-Tested

Posted Fri Apr 27th, 2007 3:11pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
X-D X-D

Whose he pointing at?

Hughlius Caeser

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Fri Apr 27th, 2007 3:16pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
X-D X-D

Stephen's body is chiseled! Literally.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Soupy Twist

Posted Fri Apr 27th, 2007 3:37pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
brilliant, Fryed-and-Tested

boffinbabe12

Posted Fri Apr 27th, 2007 6:42pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Terrific!!!! LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT!

Thanks for that!

jemmo

Posted Fri Apr 27th, 2007 6:43pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
X-D X-D

Whose he pointing at?

Maybe my avatar - it's just over the road from the traffic lights...

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri Apr 27th, 2007 8:05pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Wahhh just got my numbers in in time!

3, 16, 32, 8

I love the first one, where he lectures Alan on grammar. Incidentally, he may be right on "none of them works" *technically*, but popular use of the "incorrect" form is so widespread that it's pretty much a moot point to argue, unless one is deliberately being a ponce (which he was, to be honest as well as fair). It's one of those conventions that have become standard. "None of them works" gets 27,100 Google hits; "none of them work" gets about five times that. Not really a battle worth picking.

*confuzzled* Which one is the right one to use then? 'work' or 'works' when saying "none of them..."?

Poor Stephen screwed the pooch on that one. All my grammar books say that none also means "not any" or "none of them", which makes it plural. So, "none of them work" works.

Trailing off a bit but apparently Stephen pronounces scone wrong. I was listening to Radio 2 one Saturday, must've been at least a year ago because Chris Evans was on and he kept banging on saying "Coming up: Stephen Fry was WRONG about something!!!" I wasn't really paying attention to the show, just had it on in the background but at one point out of the blue he was talking about Stephen Fry saying when he was on the show a week earlier he'd read a poem or something and pronounced the word scone wrong. What is the right pronounciation then? I'm not even sure how Stephen pronounces it. I didn't think it even bloody mattered. That it was just a regional differences thing.

1 8 6 8

Let the fates converge....

Das ist Numberwang!

I don't understand but I'm too bored to keep quiet. There's no point linking a youtube clip, I can't access it from here and I'll forget by the time I get home.

Gravesy - Alienating the Stephen Fry fan community since 2007.

Was ist Numberwang, bitte?

Numberwang is a series of sketches from That Mitchell and Webb Look.

Note to self: steal Radio Times before it goes in the recycling. It can live in my wardrobe with the House issue

Phew! I'm not the only one that does that.

Having said that, it doesn't make us any less sad...

It is a little sad, I suppose... but I don't care! It seems like throwing a little bit of Stephen (or Hugh) away if I don't keep the magazines.

Glad to see I'm not the only one donig that here. Stealing it without my family catches me. They think I'm Stephen-mad as it is.

Come to think of it, Stephen's co-starred with several woofers -- that terrier in Jeeves and Wooster, and Snipper of course, and the dachsund with cancy wancy, and that wolfhound... and the cat that started licking his face.... any more?

He guest starred in an episode of CITVs Woof once.

Assuming direct control...

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Fri Apr 27th, 2007 8:48pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
3, 16, 32, 8

Sorry it's blurry and small. But that's good in a way because no one wants to see Stephen getting kicked in the chest, do they?

Hey! I just listened to Stephen's appearance on Chris Evans's show earlier and he (Stephen) pronounced scones to rhyme with stones while reciting this verse:

Milk, then, just as it comes, dear
I'm afraid the preserve's full of stones
Beg pardon, I'm soiling the doilies
In afternoon tea cakes and scones.

Stephen said it has to be pronounced scOnes to rhyme with stones, and that pronouncing it "scaunz" was a class issue. While the stones/scones rhyme is strictly true, it could have been an eye rhyme like love/cove. Don't know much about the poet and his tendencies.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri Apr 27th, 2007 9:00pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
3, 16, 32, 8

Sorry it's blurry and small. But that's good in a way because no one wants to see Stephen getting kicked in the chest, do they?

NO!!!

Hey! I just listened to Stephen's appearance on Chris Evans's show earlier and he (Stephen) pronounced scones to rhyme with stones while reciting this verse:

Milk, then, just as it comes, dear
I'm afraid the preserve's full of stones
Beg pardon, I'm soiling the doilies
In afternoon tea cakes and scones.

Stephen said it has to be pronounced scOnes to rhyme with stones, and that pronouncing it "scaunz" was a class issue. While the stones/scones rhyme is strictly true, it could have been an eye rhyme like love/cove. Don't know much about the poet and his tendencies.

Where did you hear it? Is it archived on the BBC site somewhere?

Assuming direct control...

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Fri Apr 27th, 2007 9:14pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
[Where did you hear it? Is it archived on the BBC site somewhere?

I can't remember where I got it. I'll PM you the upload link.

brightondebs

Posted Fri Apr 27th, 2007 9:30pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
*phew* keeping up with this forum is impossible. I shall just have to dip in and out. I just watched this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sj3Zrda5U48 and thought of you all. Oh and I missed out on ABOFAL and am only now discovering it and all I can say is I want to see the sex and violence episode!!! Mmmm....

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Fri Apr 27th, 2007 9:48pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Normal person's sexiness = this.

Stephen's sexiness = THIS.