Author Post

Fryed-And-Tested

Posted Fri May 4th, 2007 11:05pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Front

Back

Phlizz

Posted Sat May 5th, 2007 12:01am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
1. That sweatshirt is fantastic!

2. I rather like "A bit of what and whoey" as an alternate title - pithy don't you think?! X-D X-D

AxmxZ

Posted Sat May 5th, 2007 2:06am Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Man, I'm all for the too-skinny blokes. What is up with us? What's the evolutionary incentive here? (I find that among my friends, those of us who dig the super-skinny guys also really dig monks. Mmmm.... monks... Nothing like the hint of a bare neck above the collar of a young, tall, skinny monk in habit.)

Ha! There really is no evolutionary incentive, is there? It's funny you should mention a love for clergymen...because I have this thing for priest movies! There's this movie called The Proposition that has Kenneth Branagh in it about a priest that gets seduced...oh my. I also like Keeping the Faith for this very reason. There's just something about a movie with a priest that breaks that celibacy vow. And, no I haven't seen the Thornbirds, yet.

I like my priests cerebral and celibate, thank you. A priest that's out there partying and getting laid just isn't an erotic object anymore. He's just some guy in a cassock. He can only get laid and keep his priestly status *only* there's a ton of self-torture and anxiety and horror at oneself going on... and he never does it again.

Hey, these are the rules. I don't make the rules.

Actually, I think celibacy is what accounted for a large part of what made Sherlock Holmes so fascinating. (That and his odd occasional inclinations to criminality.) If he were like Watson, a normal boring "breeder", then there wouldn't be a sense of him belonging to a higher purpose. As a non-breeder, he stands outside the heteronormative society and watches over it, basically.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sat May 5th, 2007 3:04am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
That sweatshirt = WIN

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Betsie

Posted Sat May 5th, 2007 8:14am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Fryed, did you make that?!?! I want one, but one that says "To Hell with Marjorie!" or "I want me cocoa...." or "Your cocoa is coming in a minute." (Can you guess my favorite sketch?)

Fryed-And-Tested

Posted Sat May 5th, 2007 1:48pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
http://www.tshirtstudio.com/

You can design t-shirts, sweatshirts, mugs etc here.

How about one saying: "Get that Fryday feeling!"

I might get more soon.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat May 5th, 2007 1:56pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
I was born in '89. I don't mind having grown up in the 90s. Good TV shows for kids in the early 90s. Only problem is the conversations you have with "normal" people your age.

I like being an 80s child as well. Best children's television in the 80s and early 90s and we had the best toys too! I love a lot of 80s music too like New Romantic, new wave and goth.

"Hi, why does your sweatshirt say "Soupy Twist"?
"It's from "A Bit of Fry & Laurie"."
"A bit of what and whoey?"

Yes, I do really have a sweatshirt that says "Soupy Twist"...

Your sweatshirt is cool.

Assuming direct control...

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sat May 5th, 2007 3:59pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Regarding Blond!Stephen: I think not.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat May 5th, 2007 4:05pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Oh no no no no no no no no no. Not blond.

Oh why is his hair blonde in that picture? When is it from? What is it from?

Assuming direct control...

Soupy Twist

Posted Sat May 5th, 2007 4:39pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
He looks rather sunburnt as well.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sat May 5th, 2007 5:09pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
I heard/read somewhere that the blondess happened when he went to California after the Cell Mates incident. He did say on SLOTMD that he used to walk up and down the beach in CA, so I imagine he got a bit of sun.

*after massaging the temple a bit*, I remember seeing a pic of when he was made Rector at Dundee University in 1995 and he was blond then as well.

Yeppers....

absolutely curtains

Posted Sat May 5th, 2007 5:21pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

I might get more soon.

That is a fantastic sweatshirt. I'm scared of going on that website though, because if I do all my clothes will suddenly be custom made...

Actually I will go on it, because I have no money currently so it doesn't matter.

Betsie

Posted Sat May 5th, 2007 6:35pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

I might get more soon.

Woo hoo!

Phlizz

Posted Sat May 5th, 2007 7:24pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Regarding that blond picture - I always assumed that he was just burnt and that the sun had also lightened his hair. But I agree, no, it's not a good look.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sat May 5th, 2007 8:34pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Hey, ya know what I just noticed in the pic?

WELL DO YOU FER CHRISSAKES?????????

It kinda looks like he took the picture himself. The way his right arm is extended like he's holding the camera. Perhaps he's not sunburnt afterall. Perhaps he's blushing and thinking WTF HAVE I DONE