Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

boffinbabe12

Posted Sat May 5th, 2007 8:36pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Ooo possibly!

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat May 5th, 2007 9:00pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Hey, ya know what I just noticed in the pic?

WELL DO YOU FER CHRISSAKES?????????

It kinda looks like he took the picture himself. The way his right arm is extended like he's holding the camera. Perhaps he's not sunburnt afterall. Perhaps he's blushing and thinking WTF HAVE I DONE

It could be. Interesting thought. Aww blushing. ^_^

Assuming direct control...

Fryed-And-Tested

Posted Sat May 5th, 2007 9:37pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Stephen: I sure do hope that Fryphile never gets hold of this picture. Tee-hee!

Fryphile: Too late, love!

AxmxZ

Posted Sun May 6th, 2007 2:30am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Blond Stephen - no. Bright ginger Stephen - that's different. But not dyed ginger. Can't fake being orange.

vogueress

Posted Sun May 6th, 2007 3:14am Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Fryphile, thank you so, so much for the Wilde caps. They made my day when I looked back through the thread yesterday.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Sun May 6th, 2007 4:08pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
You're more than welcome, vogueress. What the heck, have another.

If this doesn't moisten everyone's hug glands, nothing will.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sun May 6th, 2007 4:13pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Aww no not that part of the film. It makes me feel sad. Damn him and his puppydog eyes! *hugs*

boffinbabe12

Posted Sun May 6th, 2007 4:18pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
I'm assuming he is in Reading Gaol here?

And yes- it greatly moistens my hug glands!

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sun May 6th, 2007 4:20pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Yeah he's in there for two years dong hard labour. It's awful Oscar got really ill in there and never really recovered.

boffinbabe12

Posted Sun May 6th, 2007 4:35pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Yeah I know- I've read loads of biographies of him... I hope one day to visit his grave in Paris.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sun May 6th, 2007 4:48pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
You're like me then. Can't get enough Oscar Wilde books! I have loads and loads. I can't even recall how many I have now. There's always one creeping out of the woodwork somewhere.

Betsie

Posted Sun May 6th, 2007 5:17pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

WAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

**scares cat out of litter box with loud guffaws**

boffinbabe12

Posted Sun May 6th, 2007 5:44pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
You're like me then. Can't get enough Oscar Wilde books! I have loads and loads. I can't even recall how many I have now. There's always one creeping out of the woodwork somewhere.
I bought his entire works in one, very heavy, book so that it is easier to keep hold of. I read The Importance Of Being Earnest and then started watching the film (the crap one with Colin Firth) and was so disappointed by it- I'd love to see the play performed using the actual lines!

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Sun May 6th, 2007 7:13pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
I heard/read somewhere that the blondess happened when he went to California after the Cell Mates incident. He did say on SLOTMD that he used to walk up and down the beach in CA, so I imagine he got a bit of sun.

Perhaps it was part of some "therapy", perhaps - deep down - he wants to be blond because that is his ideal of beauty.
I can relate to that, I am the blond sheep of the family and once dyed my hair really dark, hoping I´d look gorgeous with dark hair and blue eyes, but I looked more like a dead body that had been pulled out from the Thames.

Sometimes you have to try things out to see that no matter how hard you try you just cannot come close to your own ideal of beauty

And that scene from Wilde is one of the saddest :'( :'(

Phlizz

Posted Sun May 6th, 2007 7:56pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

I'd love to see the play performed using the actual lines!

Oh me too! *claps* There was a production of it near where i live, but I had to work everyday it was on which was a bit of a bugger.

Perhaps it was part of some "therapy", perhaps - deep down - he wants to be blond because that is his ideal of beauty.
Wheeee!!! *is blonde* perhaps I'm in with a chance after all Actually, Gerti - I'm the only blonde one in my family too - but it's never bothered me. I'm sorry you felt that you wanted to fit in with your family's hair colour. I can't say that I've ever even thought about it until now.