Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

boffinbabe12

Posted Mon May 7th, 2007 1:39pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Yeah.. I suppose....

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Mon May 7th, 2007 2:46pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Well, after last week's carnal frenzy, I think we should return to a more innocent and less suggestive theme this week. Something pure and tranquil. Something that won't darken one's eyes with lust and corrupted thoughts. That means only one thing.

JOOSTER.

I have selected some pictures that try to encompass Wodehouse's sense of peacefulness and decorum. Pictures of a happier time that never really existed.

Here, we see the young master eyeing the one thing he truly adores, covets, and cherishes. He can't keep his hands off it! He'd go to sleep with it if he could. I'm speaking, of course, about music. And his trombone. And nothing else. Whatsoever.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

boffinbabe12

Posted Mon May 7th, 2007 2:50pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
How many instruments can that man play?

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Mon May 7th, 2007 2:52pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Aaaawwwww, Jeevesie
Just what I need on a bank holiday monday
*wanders off to make herself a mug of hot chocolate*

amyl_nitrate

Posted Mon May 7th, 2007 4:59pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
I remember The Happy Prince and The Selfish Giant from my childhood years before I was aware of Oscar Wilde. I remember listening to them on cassettes and reading the stories and listening to them in assemblies. I was shocked when I got into Oscar Wilde and started exploring his work only to find that these stories from my childhood were wrote by him.

Well, after last week's carnal frenzy, I think we should return to a more innocent and less suggestive theme this week. Something pure and tranquil. Something that won't darken one's eyes with lust and corrupted thoughts. That means only one thing.

JOOSTER.

I have selected some pictures that try to encompass Wodehouse's sense of peacefulness and decorum. Pictures of a happier time that never really existed.

Ahh yes, innocent, naive and uncorrupted. Jooster. I can never get enough of it.

Assuming direct control...

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Mon May 7th, 2007 6:22pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
How many instruments can that man play?

Stephen said that Hugh can play anything you throw at him. He then called him a son of a son of a son of a SON OF A BITCH

Lovingly, of course.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

boffinbabe12

Posted Mon May 7th, 2007 9:07pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Yes- his rant about music was by far the most amusing part of Moab.

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Mon May 7th, 2007 9:34pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Sorry to return to Wilde for a second, but in case anyone is interested: The Tight Fit Theatre will be performing "The Importance of Being Earnest" at the Wycombe Townhall from May 31 - June 2.

Like you new avatar, boffinbabe! Another one "you made earlier"?

boffinbabe12

Posted Mon May 7th, 2007 10:37pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Sorry to return to Wilde for a second, but in case anyone is interested: The Tight Fit Theatre will be performing "The Importance of Being Earnest" at the Wycombe Townhall from May 31 - June 2.

Like you new avatar, boffinbabe! Another one "you made earlier"?

Thanks Gerti- yes it was! now if you want to make your own.....
By the way- where is Wycombe??? I've wanted to see a performance of Earnest for ages!!!!
(I've also written a speech quite recently entitled; what is the importance of being earnest?)

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Tue May 8th, 2007 8:36am Post subject: Fry-A-Day

By the way- where is Wycombe??? I've wanted to see a performance of Earnest for ages!!!!
(I've also written a speech quite recently entitled; what is the importance of being earnest?)

Wycombe as in HIGH WYCOMBE, Bucks. (the townhall is right next to the Wycombe Swan Theatre, they even have their own website in case you want to check out the details...)
Okay, not exactly the London West End, but a viable alternative
Sounds like an interesting speech! Did your schoolmates enjoy it? (I am going off-topic again... or are we turning this into a chat room? I am getting slightly paranoid and confused as to what I am allowed to do without getting frowned at...)

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Tue May 8th, 2007 3:03pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Welcome to our Master/Valet Relations Seminar.

Rule #1

Stand as close to your valet as possible. Especially when he comes out of the closet to you.

Rule #2

Your valet is not a giant timepiece.

Rule #3

Satorial disagreements are often in vogue. But please refrain from shaking your fist and admonishing, "One of these days, Jeeves! One of these days: POW! Right in the kisser!"

Rule #4

Probably not a good idea to flip them off either.

Rule #5

In the end, all your valet really requires is a reassuring open-handed pat on the backside. It's a way of saying, "Job well done!" But save the pinching for later, eh Bertie?

Terri

Posted Tue May 8th, 2007 4:59pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
Ohhh that has made alllll the rain go away!

Thank you!

Phlizz

Posted Tue May 8th, 2007 5:20pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
In the end, all your valet really requires is a reassuring open-handed pat on the backside. It's a way of saying, "Job well done!" But save the pinching for later, eh Bertie?
But how could he possibly resist?! X-D

Wycombe as in HIGH WYCOMBE, Bucks.

Ah I wonder if that was the same one that I couldn't go to that was in Marlow. Like a traveling show. Makes sense. *goes on their website to book tickets*

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Tue May 8th, 2007 5:48pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day
X-D X-D X-D X-D

Welcome to our Master/Valet Relations Seminar.

Rule #1

Stand as close to your valet as possible. Especially when he comes out of the closet to you.

What an effective way of cornering somebody
Any closets at London Studios ??

... Stephen looks so skinny in this picture completely and utterly non-teddybearish .... or is this what teddybears look like after a long hibernation

boffinbabe12

Posted Tue May 8th, 2007 5:51pm Post subject: Fry-A-Day

Okay, not exactly the London West End, but a viable alternative
Sounds like an interesting speech! Did your schoolmates enjoy it? (I am going off-topic again... or are we turning this into a chat room? I am getting slightly paranoid and confused as to what I am allowed to do without getting frowned at...)
I haven't presented the speech yet- it's a work in progress about why people shouldn't be serious and every point starts with an Oscar Wilde quote about sincerity etc.