Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

MinervaMoon

Posted Thu Jun 21st, 2007 9:13pm Post subject: Fry at Fifty - BBC 4 readies the champagne!
http://www.chortle.co.uk/news/2007/06/21/5450/many_happy_reruns

BBC Four is to dedicate two nights of programming to Stephen Fry this summer to mark his 50th birthday.

Fry turns 50 on August 24, and the channel is planning to clear the schedule to celebrate by airing some of his best work and favourite shows.

New programming has also been commissioned to celebrate his career, trade magazine Broadcast reports.

The first night will start with a 60-minute documentary entitled Stephen Fry: 50 Not Out, and featuring interviews with such colleagues as Hugh Laurie, Emma Thompson, Richard Curtis and Ben Elton.

The second night will be curated by Fry and includes a 30-minute show in which Fry talks about his guilty pleasures.

Huzzah-ing may now commence!

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Thu Jun 21st, 2007 9:25pm Post subject: Fry at Fifty - BBC 4 readies the champagne!
HUZZAH! Everyday should be Celebrate Stephen Day.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

MinervaMoon

Posted Thu Jun 21st, 2007 9:40pm Post subject: Fry at Fifty - BBC 4 readies the champagne!
HUZZAH! Everyday should be Celebrate Stephen Day.

I haven't been able to stop saying "Huzzah!" since last week, and it's all your fault, as you might have guessed. How are you enjoying your knighthood?

Every day is Celebrate Stephen Day where I live. The elaborate parades through my living room and out the back patio are legendary.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Thu Jun 21st, 2007 9:46pm Post subject: Fry at Fifty - BBC 4 readies the champagne!
Awesome!!!! Must make a note of this so I don't forget. *scribbles*

I've told my sister about this.

She banged her head on the wall. X-D

Assuming direct control...

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Thu Jun 21st, 2007 9:54pm Post subject: Fry at Fifty - BBC 4 readies the champagne!
How are you enjoying your knighthood?

My knighthood is fantastic. Everyone calls me Sir Stinky Pants now.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

rawlini

Posted Fri Jun 22nd, 2007 12:08am Post subject: Fry at Fifty - BBC 4 readies the champagne!
Yea! Thanks for posting.

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Fri Jun 22nd, 2007 9:19am Post subject: Fry at Fifty - BBC 4 readies the champagne!
Oh excellent , thanks for the post Roll on, bank holiday weekend
And it´s good news that they are going to dedicate two NIGHTS to Stephen, as I could not possibly proceed as I did last time when "Current puns" was aired at 11.30am - i.e. take an early lunch break to dash home from work only to push the REC and PLAY buttons on that good old cassette player (OMG what has happend, I used to be such a "phlegmatic" SF fan :-// perhaps I should visit this forum less often...)

absolutely curtains

Posted Sat Jun 23rd, 2007 6:26pm Post subject: Fry at Fifty - BBC 4 readies the champagne!
*is George off Blackadder Goes Forth*

Well, hurrah!

zelanne

Posted Sun Jun 24th, 2007 11:22am Post subject: Fry at Fifty - BBC 4 readies the champagne!
Yay!!!

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Sun Jun 24th, 2007 12:06pm Post subject: Fry at Fifty - BBC 4 readies the champagne!
I hope this means repeats of Loose Ends, or at the very least some Trefusis monologues.

Fryed-And-Tested

Posted Sat Jul 21st, 2007 4:42pm Post subject: Fry at Fifty - BBC 4 readies the champagne!
When's it aired? 24th and 25th? Or 25th and 26th, since then it's a weekend. Does anybody know?

Odora

Posted Thu Jul 26th, 2007 12:53pm Post subject: Fry at Fifty - BBC 4 readies the champagne!
Heh... One more reason to celebrate the date, for that's my anniversary, too...
Anyone knows, if there's BBC4 airings on the internet, please??? :-//

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Jul 26th, 2007 1:18pm Post subject: Fry at Fifty - BBC 4 readies the champagne!
Yes there are. Check the BBC radio page. Or add BBC radio application to your facebook page. If you can't get it live it is sure to remain in the archive for a week.

Odora

Posted Thu Jul 26th, 2007 3:58pm Post subject: Fry at Fifty - BBC 4 readies the champagne!
John Steed, thank you so much.)))

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sun Jul 29th, 2007 7:07pm Post subject: Fry at Fifty - BBC 4 readies the champagne!
I thought the BBC radio page only archived radio shows not television shows. I didn't know you could access anything like BBC4 programmes on the internet. It would be wicked if you could. I barely ever get the chance to watch BBC4 and when I do I keep it on all night long.

Assuming direct control...