Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Tue Jul 31st, 2007 4:12pm Post subject: Fry at Fifty - BBC 4 readies the champagne!
Mea culpa. I thought you meant Radio 4. BBC are, however, planning to open their archive on the internet, but personally I fear it will be a service available within the UK only, like Chanel 4. Bastards.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Jul 31st, 2007 6:33pm Post subject: Fry at Fifty - BBC 4 readies the champagne!
Oh I wish they'd hurry up and get the archives online. Unlimited access to BBC4 would be perfect. I'd never be offline!

Assuming direct control...

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Tue Jul 31st, 2007 7:11pm Post subject: Fry at Fifty - BBC 4 readies the champagne!
And I'd be watching Doctor Who and Torchwood at the same time as the rest of you!

amyl_nitrate

Posted Tue Jul 31st, 2007 7:26pm Post subject: Fry at Fifty - BBC 4 readies the champagne!
Yeah! The scheduling for those two shows in other countires like Canada seem to really suck and be all over the place.

ratoutofhell

Posted Thu Aug 9th, 2007 4:56pm Post subject: Fry at Fifty - BBC 4 readies the champagne!
When's it aired? 24th and 25th? Or 25th and 26th, since then it's a weekend. Does anybody know?

According to the new Radio Times, it's the 17th and (presumably) 18th (the new RT only goes up to the 17th :-// )

"If you are dirty, insignificant and unloved then rats are the ultimate role model" - Banksy

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Thu Aug 9th, 2007 5:17pm Post subject: Fry at Fifty - BBC 4 readies the champagne!
I found some goodies on Radio Time's website. Here's the description of the "Fry: 50 Not Out" show:

Every generation should have its own Oscar Wilde: Stephen Fry is ours, so it was a marriage made in heaven when Fry played the 19th-century wit in Wilde, showing at 11.40pm. But we're getting ahead of ourselves; the film merely caps the first of two nights celebrating Fry's half-century (the second is tomorrow). What is there to say about the ├╝bergifted polymath that hasn't already been said? Everyone from JK Rowling to Jonathan Ross gives it a go in 50 Not Out (9pm), a gleaming appraisal of his career to date. Apart from Fry's genius, the trait that comes over forcibly is his appetite for all that he does, although the demons that both torment and drive him are also commented on. It's a clip show, in essence, but one with immaculate wording and delivery. And Hugh Laurie is always good value on his comedy partner; performing with Fry, he says, is "like having the most expensive seat in the house". There's plenty more comic booty to delve into: Fry's cryingly funny "dancercise" routine in A Bit of Fry and Laurie (10pm); his walrus-moustached warmonger General Melchett ("Baaah!") in Blackadder Goes Forth (10.35pm); and his champagne-swilling student Lord Snot in the semi-legendary Bambi episode of The Young Ones (11.05pm). And though it's always nice to see these old televisual friends, think of all the forgotten gems they might have shown: Happy Families, Alfresco, The Laughing Prisoner . . . But pish and tish. It's still the most fun you'll have on TV tonight, and in the most scintillating company.

And Mark Lawson Talks to Stephen Fry will be on at 7:00pm on the 18th.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri Aug 10th, 2007 8:45am Post subject: Fry at Fifty - BBC 4 readies the champagne!
I saw the Friday showings yesterday in TV & Satellite. Got so excited. There's little pictures of Stephen all smiley and cute in there too. ^_^

7:00pm
Mark Lawson Talks to Stephen Fry

8:00pm
Civilisation

8:55pm
Fawlty Towers

9:30pm
Stephen Fry: Guilty

10:00pm
Not Only... but Also... the Best of... What's Left

10:30pm
Fall of Eagles

11:25pm
Wodehouse Playhouse

Oh wow look at the line-up of shows that night I know they're not all Stephen shows but.... Fawlty Towers! Wodehouse! NOTONLYBUTALSOZOMG!!!!!!!!!! *faints*

Stephen Fry: GuiltySaturday 18 August
9:30pm - 10:00pm
BBC4
Stephen Fry reveals the things in life he considers to be his guiltiest pleasures, including an ardent love of darts, a closet craving for romantic novelist Georgette Heyer, an all-consuming passion for the work of Richard Wagner, an unashamed affection for Countdown and a shameful-yet-gratifying habit of hitting Hugh Laurie. Using clips and personal recollections, the programme provides an amusing insight into the unique mind of one of Britain's favourite comedy performers.

Because some things are so good they need to be repeated:

a shameful-yet-gratifying habit of hitting Hugh Laurie.

Soupy Twist

Posted Fri Aug 10th, 2007 8:57am Post subject: Fry at Fifty - BBC 4 readies the champagne!
Man, I wanna watch this

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Fri Aug 10th, 2007 2:30pm Post subject: Fry at Fifty - BBC 4 readies the champagne!
a shameful-yet-gratifying habit of hitting Hugh Laurie.

Oh. Wow. Squee. That makes me jitteringly happy to hear.

Considering the birthday card I sent.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

ClareBear

Posted Fri Aug 10th, 2007 5:03pm Post subject: Fry at Fifty - BBC 4 readies the champagne!
Now i'm worried.

AxmxZ

Posted Fri Aug 10th, 2007 5:55pm Post subject: Fry at Fifty - BBC 4 readies the champagne!
I'm worried, too. All sorts of possibilities running amok in my mind, most of them involving all sorts of rude nude unspeakableness with S-M overtones.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Fri Aug 10th, 2007 6:04pm Post subject: Fry at Fifty - BBC 4 readies the champagne!
I'm worried, too. All sorts of possibilities running amok in my mind, most of them involving all sorts of rude nude unspeakableness with S-M overtones.

You mean that's a bad thing?

AxmxZ

Posted Fri Aug 10th, 2007 6:06pm Post subject: Fry at Fifty - BBC 4 readies the champagne!

You mean that's a bad thing?

Well... not for you!... not for me, either... (this is starting to sound familiar )... but you might give SF a heart attack.

ClareBear

Posted Fri Aug 10th, 2007 9:30pm Post subject: Fry at Fifty - BBC 4 readies the champagne!
Depending on the postal strike situation, I was planning on running them up to Swaffham once filming restarted.

MinervaMoon

Posted Sat Aug 11th, 2007 2:49am Post subject: Fry at Fifty - BBC 4 readies the champagne!
Depending on the postal strike situation, I was planning on running them up to Swaffham once filming restarted.

Nice time for a postal strike, huh? Stephen's filming every day in Norfolk, which is a bugger of a schedule, but at least we know where he is.