Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

AxmxZ

Posted Thu Aug 30th, 2007 11:59pm Post subject: Fry at Fifty - BBC 4 readies the champagne!
o_0

That interview blew my mind.

melampus

Posted Fri Aug 31st, 2007 7:43am Post subject: Fry at Fifty - BBC 4 readies the champagne!
Fryphile, you are fabulous. What an interview. So much to think about, to mull over, and re-read...

Thanks so much. *kisses, etc etc*

Soupy Twist

Posted Fri Aug 31st, 2007 9:05am Post subject: Fry at Fifty - BBC 4 readies the champagne!
Fryphile, thanks so much for writing out this interview! This must be the deepest, most thought-provoking interview I've ever read/heard of him.

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Fri Aug 31st, 2007 9:19am Post subject: Fry at Fifty - BBC 4 readies the champagne!
Thanks Fryphile, you are a STAR

One of the things I found interesting was Mr Fry´s description of what effect smoking cessation has had on him:

"But it also had the side effect of making me slightly dopily cheerful. I mean not dopily in the sense of lack of energy, but just slightly, pointlessly cheerful in a way that I’m not usually. And I’m not sure that I like it. "

If he was prescribed the one agent beginning with Z then the following should be noted under Contraindications:

Z is contraindicated in patients with a history of bipolar disorder as it may precipitate a manic episode during the depressed phase of their illness
(source: Summary of Product Characteristics)

melampus

Posted Fri Aug 31st, 2007 9:39am Post subject: Fry at Fifty - BBC 4 readies the champagne!
*gulp*

But it sounds like he has a good doc, and loving people who keep a close eye on him. I found the quote "people who live with me" intriguing... how many [partner's name not mentioned here for fear of ...um... not sure really, but you know how it is] does Stephen have? Just kidding.

I wonder when he started taking the medication? Perhaps it was in July, as he seems to indicate? Because I noticed that in his most recent 'Parkinson' appearance he seemed a lot less fidgety. But that was filmed around May, wasn't it?

*Detective-Inspector Melampus drains her coffee, brushes the last doughnut crumbs from her moustache, and gets back on the case*

PS: so VERY glad he has stopped smoking!! Keep up the good work love!

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Fri Aug 31st, 2007 10:16am Post subject: Fry at Fifty - BBC 4 readies the champagne!
*gulp*

But it sounds like he has a good doc, ...

I wonder when he started taking the medication? Perhaps it was in July, as he seems to indicate? Because I noticed that in his most recent 'Parkinson' appearance he seemed a lot less fidgety. But that was filmed around May, wasn't it?

*Detective-Inspector Melampus drains her coffee, brushes the last doughnut crumbs from her moustache, and gets back on the case*

PS: so VERY glad he has stopped smoking!! Keep up the good work love!

I was not trying to undermine his doctor´s authority, heaven forbid I just happened to stumble across the SPC for Z.
But he may not even have been put on Z! Neither the tradename of the medication nor the generic name of the active substance are mentioned in the interview ... there are other smoke cessation aids on the market ...

Yes, I think he should be proud of himself for quitting (as in fact all previous smokers should be! )

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Fri Aug 31st, 2007 4:17pm Post subject: Fry at Fifty - BBC 4 readies the champagne!
You're all welcome This interview had so many revealing moments that it'd be a shame not to share it.

Evidently, this is how he celebrated his 50th B-day.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Fri Aug 31st, 2007 4:40pm Post subject: Fry at Fifty - BBC 4 readies the champagne!
WOW, Stephen had INDEED chocolate cake
(one of the reasons I stated in the BLOG thread that would keep me from doing a blog on my 50th birthday) X-D
How sweet of him to have a small celebration, that´s our Stephen

thanks for the link, Fryphilie.