Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Reginald Winky

Posted Wed Sep 14th, 2011 1:18pm Post subject: Fry Conjures Potter

Can Harry Potter be improved upon? Can a set of books that has captured the imaginations and the hearts of people the world over be made even better?

Even Chris Columbus's (<= love him!) magic, combined with Hollyweird's money, could not improve upon the Harry Potter books. (And I dare say the films left much wanting, as films do.)

Then came Fry.

One man, reading innumerable parts, brings childlike whimsy, dark horror, and adult truths to life. Fry brings more magic to Potter than all the phoenix feathers, unicorn hairs, and dragon heartstrings in Hogwarts could conjure up. No, even Dumbledore himself--great man, Dumbledore--would be hard pressed to out-magic Fry in his reading of all seven Harry Potter books.

If you're an adult and Potter mania makes you roll your eyes, tut-tut, and move quickly away from the children's books section, at least give the first book, "Harry Potter & the Philosopher's Stone" ("...Sorcerer's Stone" in the US), read by Stephen Fry, a listen.

Yes, I fully understand I'm playing the junkie's dealer, luring you all into becoming hopelessly hooked on Fry reading Potter. I'm aware you'll be caught one fine day. I'm aware you'll blush and need to explain, "But it's FRY reading it!" I'm aware you'll be endlessly teased. But we all have a little evil streak, haven't we? Besides, you will have the last laugh as you turn up the volume, settle back and get comfy, and allow Fry to completely ensorcel you.

Well done, Stephen! *stands and applauds*

Boog

Posted Sat Sep 17th, 2011 6:14pm Post subject: Fry Conjures Potter

Stephens readings of the Potter books is OUTSTANDING!

"Murphy was an optimist."