Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

lindsey89

Posted Mon Jun 14th, 2010 5:44am Post subject: Fry in Alabama and Georgia

Hey all!

So, I finally got a chance to watch this program. I like Stephen's perspective on the USA. While watching this episode, I realized Stephen and I were attending the same football game. Auburn University v University of Alabama. I go to the University of Alabama. It was a shame to see Mr. Fry on the Auburn side of the field. I still adore him tho...he describes a college football game perfectly.

I'm from Georgia, and I felt he didn't get enough time to explore Atlanta which is the complete opposite of Statesboro. It would have been comical to see him in the heart of the ATL, as we call it. Yet, I understand why that probably wasn't covered: time... Imagine Stephen getting crunk! lol

Don't get me wrong, I found the program very interesting and entertaining. However, it would have been nice for him to explore Atlanta "The Empire of the South." I think it would help shed some stereotypes of the south. Nevertheless, it was an excellent program, and I enjoyed it very much !

marzgirl

Posted Fri Jul 16th, 2010 5:32am Post subject: Fry in Alabama and Georgia

I loved the Georgia part. Stephen had Thanksgiving in Quitman! A stones throw away from where my kin are from in Valdosta! If only he had gone just a bit more to the east.

I agree, Stephen described our football games to a T. I was really touched when he got a bit teared up during the National Anthem.

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
~Martin Luther King Jr.~

michael

Posted Sun Jul 18th, 2010 1:00am Post subject: Fry in Alabama and Georgia

i really liked the episodes in the south too! even if he couldn't go everywhere, i think he did so great at showing that part of the country without making fun of folks or acting like the stuff going on was some sort of circus side show. it looked like he had a great time being a guest!

p.s. so glad to see another southerner...:)... i swear about half the U.S. folks on here are from the south, it cracks me up...once in a blue moon some troll comes on here and tries to play up jokes about the american "redneck" stereotype... until they realize a good lot of us are from the places they're making fun of, and then they

"HELLO I'M TACTILE !" is an anagram of my name

socialcharlotte

Posted Wed Jan 12th, 2011 3:57am Post subject: Fry in Alabama and Georgia

Is he ever coming back to the south? I need him here in SC

social charlotte

buffelf001

Posted Thu Jul 5th, 2012 1:01pm Post subject: Fry in Alabama and Georgia

They realize a good lot of us are from the places they're making fun of.-
FXDD Reviews

LovingMaine

Posted Sat Jul 7th, 2012 3:42am Post subject: Fry in Alabama and Georgia

We are making our way through this on Netflix and just finished the travel up the Mississippi - three episodes to go.

What I appreciate the most is including all the aspects of the US - our large cities, small towns, college football, and all the accents throughout our melting pot. I also like that he covers our national sorrows - the Civil War, our sorrows in Louisiana after Katrina, and homelessness which is very real especially today.

We are enjoying the ride and looking forward to the Plains.

"Be kind for everyone is fighting a great battle." Plato

lucycandy

Posted Mon Apr 1st, 2013 10:49am Post subject: Fry in Alabama and Georgia

Thank you for this report.If they see them, I asked the legal character ... maybe I will end back up with me ... or someone ... ... things happen ..

lemon1980

Posted Mon Jun 10th, 2013 5:40am Post subject: Fry in Alabama and Georgia

I grew up in Alabama and a huge football fan. I wish Mr. Fry could have explored more of the society and the people's love for NFL. But nonetheless, it was a good program.