Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Mares

Posted Tue Nov 4th, 2008 3:28pm Post subject: Fry's twitter comments, re: thirst and water consumption.
I read this morning that he has drunk 4 liters of water and is still thirsty. I hope he has potassium tablets, and if not, has a banana (rich in potassium) or two per day. Sweating a lot causes dehydration, and dramatically lowered potassium levels. My husband used to go fly fishing on the flats of Monomoy off Cape Cod, and just in one afternoon, his potassium levels would drop to the point he would at times feel close to fainting, so he took to taking a few banana's with him to fight that.

Too much water can be dangerous as well. 4 liters is an excessive amount for one day.

I don't have twitter, so I wanted to comment in the hopes that someone will suggest he make sure he's getting enough potassium, whether through supplements or foods that contain them.

Also, after he drinks water, while he's out there, he should have a piece of fresh fruit as the natural sugars will help keep his throat feel less dry.

wooden_elf

Posted Tue Nov 4th, 2008 4:05pm Post subject: Fry's twitter comments, re: thirst and water consumption.
I'm afraid he don't have opportunity to watch any comments to him because he doesn't have access to the web but he's texting in his messages.

IdeaCollector

Posted Tue Nov 4th, 2008 10:59pm Post subject: Fry's twitter comments, re: thirst and water consumption.
I do hope he is watching that b/c once you are thirsty you are already dehydrated.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

gadgetgirl

Posted Tue Nov 4th, 2008 11:09pm Post subject: Fry's twitter comments, re: thirst and water consumption.
Didn't he say in his first video that he was packing rehydration fluids? I expect it was for an upset stomach but I'm sure he will use them if he's thirsty too.

That would be me.

Fryphile

Member *

Posted Wed Nov 5th, 2008 1:54am Post subject: Fry's twitter comments, re: thirst and water consumption.
I love how we all mother Stephen.

Not to be too grossly anatomical, but I also hope the water is coming out, too. A big uh-oh if it isn't. But I hope it's just the heat and whatnot.

I think of myself as someone who is filled with love, whose only purpose in life was to achieve love. - Stephen Fry