Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

WhyGenTom

Posted Tue Feb 3rd, 2009 4:16am Post subject: Fuel prices
Bulgaria my friend. Bulgaria.
Nah, uncle died two summers back, so that is out the question. Might do Dubrovnik then down to Greece on to one of the islands.

egypt is cheap and wonderful to visit. and with it being the middle east, oil is no concern.

Whatever happened to Blackpool?

I have family in lancashire, which as a result, has made me sick to the back teeth of blackpool.

Bognor Regis? Lol, my God this country's crap

Maxx England

Posted Tue Feb 3rd, 2009 3:20pm Post subject: Fuel prices
Swanage 6/7/8 March, Maxx on stage Sat/Sun at the White Horse jam sessions.. What more could you ask for?

Foreign workers - successive governments, conservative as well as Labour have exported not just jobs, but ownership of institutions that really should be under British ownership.

Les Grenouilles own our defence industry - how the hell do you keep anything an Official Secret under the terms of the act when the company developing the latest method of disembowelment is owned by foreigners with a history of not giving a damn about us at best and antipathy at worst?

The whole of Parliament should be aware how rejected in their own country people feel. It is a fact, whether or not anybody likes it, that the people walking out of the refineries are the descendants of men who went out into the world to defend this country or do it's dirty work. They did these things in order to protect their current and future interests; their descendants believe that the current government has sold them up the river and are angry.

Westminster should realise the power of the ballot box, and how attractive a previously rejected alternative can seem when people don't belive their rights and their birthrights are being respected. I personally loathe the BNP and it's beliefs and won't ever vote for them, but how many people will weigh them up and find the scales tipping to the right?

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

PamJH

Posted Wed Feb 4th, 2009 3:32pm Post subject: Fuel prices
Swanage 6/7/8 March, Maxx on stage Sat/Sun at the White Horse jam sessions.. What more could you ask for?

Foreign workers - successive governments, conservative as well as Labour have exported not just jobs, but ownership of institutions that really should be under British ownership.

As most people probably are aware, this has happened here, too. The automakers have exported many well-paying jobs to Mexico and elsewhere, throwing many people out of work. Now I realize the unions also played a role in the demise (look up GM's jobs bank) , but to me the logic looks like this: If you export jobs, you throw people out of work. Then who can afford to buy the cars? Autoworkers made a living wage; many could afford to have one parent work and one stay at home. And now? Both parents must work (not a bad thing, mine did) 2-3 jobs just to get by. Buying a new car is out of the question.

And at one point, Bush wanted to allow a foreign nation to run security at our ports. I believe it was from Dubai. Well, a hue and cry went up and it didn't happen. Allowing a foreign nation to guard our borders, even one we haven't quarreled with (can't believe there are any) is folly.

I realize we're becoming more and more of a global community. Our participation in the Valentine card project is a small but wonderful proof of that. But I think we still have to keep in mind what our own citizens want and need and not sell our businesses and services to the highest or cheapest bidder.

RobertBruce

Posted Wed Feb 4th, 2009 4:22pm Post subject: Fuel prices

More tea & a digestive dear?

X-D

Maxx England

Posted Thu Feb 5th, 2009 12:48pm Post subject: Fuel prices
There are tea rooms for the sober. And purveyors of Glasgow Salad for the hungry.

RobertBruce

Posted Thu Feb 5th, 2009 1:41pm Post subject: Fuel prices
....purveyors of Glasgow Salad for the hungry.

With or without a starter of Vodka laced toasted baguette?

Maxx England

Posted Thu Feb 5th, 2009 2:05pm Post subject: Fuel prices
....purveyors of Glasgow Salad for the hungry.

With or without a starter of Vodka laced toasted baguette?

Love the sound of that. We must get together sometime over a nice malt.

Sponsors req, harking back to the fuel prices, £4.50 an Imp gallon, $3.78 USG. :'( :'( :'( So many miles, such short arms, such deep pockets.