Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

blackadder

Posted Mon May 14th, 2007 11:13pm Post subject: Future filming locations for Kingdom?
Hi Stephen,

Now that it looks like we have a decent drama on our TV’s on a Sunday night and the undoubted success that will come from this first series I am really hopeful that a second or even third series will follow, when this does (and note I said when and not if) have you ever though about using a beautiful little village called Castle Acre for filming future plots – its about three miles north of Market Shipborough, it has a priory, castle, a bailey gate, beautiful river and a huge church,

The reason I know about this is because I was born there, it’s a film makers dream, Kingdom is the best thing to hit our screen for years, it has opened up the North Norfolk countryside and has shown it to be the paradice we all knew it was.

You can take the man out of Norfolk but you can't take the Norfolk out of the man.

ClareBear

Posted Mon May 14th, 2007 11:17pm Post subject: Future filming locations for Kingdom?
Second series was commissioned almost before the first one started airing.

blackadder

Posted Tue May 15th, 2007 12:31am Post subject: Future filming locations for Kingdom?
Cheers Atari

Thanks for that piece of info - clearly those who do the commissioning know a good thing when they see it

I can sleep easy now.

Blackadder

You can take the man out of Norfolk but you can't take the Norfolk out of the man.

trouser material

Posted Tue May 15th, 2007 7:32am Post subject: Future filming locations for Kingdom?
One thing i've noticed, in the 1 episode of Kingdom i've watched, is there is always blue skies and brilliant sunshine. Now, living a mere 10 miles from Swaffham, i can vouch that the sun seems to rarely shine on me. Did they have special lighting installed?

Terri

Posted Tue May 15th, 2007 11:56am Post subject: Future filming locations for Kingdom?
They have Stephen - that's all the special lighting they need

boffinbabe12

Posted Tue May 15th, 2007 6:42pm Post subject: Future filming locations for Kingdom?
Trousers- you could see if you can watch it being filmed- be an extrA!

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Wed May 16th, 2007 8:33am Post subject: Future filming locations for Kingdom?
- be an extrA!

I´d love to be an extra, must be really interesting to witness the "making of Kingdom" from the first row, as it were... (well, dream on...)

The search for his brother could take Peter virtually ANYWHERE ... he might one day receive a picture postcard from Vienna and hop onto a plane straight away ... only to find that the mysterious sender has in the meantime disappeared, leaving behind a clue hinting to the fact that he has travelled to ... Munich... I know, this is getting ridiculous X-D X-D Truth be told, wouldn´t like it either, as I LOVE to see landscapes from places within the UK

trouser material

Posted Wed May 16th, 2007 8:43am Post subject: Future filming locations for Kingdom?
Trousers- you could see if you can watch it being filmed- be an extrA!
I'd love to. But, sadly, i don't have a Norfolk accent. Even though i was born and bred there, it passed me by. Also i think seeing all the behind the scenes stuff spoils it, like people showing you how magic tricks work. I don't wanna know, I LOVE THE ILLUSION!

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Wed May 16th, 2007 8:50am Post subject: Future filming locations for Kingdom?
But, sadly, i don't have a Norfolk accent

So if I should ever make it to Norfolk and I come across someone wearing a platinum blonde wig and speaking with a non-Norfolkian accent - is that you then ? What accent DO you have then if it´s not Norfolkian (actually, this is the wrong thread :-// )

hiyacinth

Posted Wed May 16th, 2007 10:44am Post subject: Future filming locations for Kingdom?
I look forward to Sunday evenings and Kingdom. Sadly i missed epi.3 but i am sure it will be repeated at some point.
Stephen is so sweet as Peter, how can he have so much patience with that screwed up sister of his, oh and i am so curious about the little old lady and the avoidance issue. Um i guess thats the idea !
Anyway i am reading Kingdom has been picked up for a second season. Hope so.
Good luck at the BAFTAS Stephen i see you are nominated for two categories and Hugh for best International Drama for House.
It would be great if you both should win and maybe to see you together again if only in a photo.

Sorry gone off topic will stop now.

melampus

Posted Thu May 17th, 2007 7:43am Post subject: Future filming locations for Kingdom?
So if I should ever make it to Norfolk and I come across someone wearing a platinum blond wig

Gerti, that's not a wig!!

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Thu May 17th, 2007 8:28am Post subject: Future filming locations for Kingdom?
So if I should ever make it to Norfolk and I come across someone wearing a platinum blonde wig

Gerti, that's not a wig!!

Oh, isn´t it? :-// I thought my eyesight had improved after having my cataracts removed.... Perhaps I didn´t pay close enough attention to trouser material´s avatar... oh well, whatever it is.... I still don´t know what accent TM has X-D

jemmo

Posted Thu May 17th, 2007 3:53pm Post subject: Future filming locations for Kingdom?
One thing i've noticed, in the 1 episode of Kingdom i've watched, is there is always blue skies and brilliant sunshine. Now, living a mere 10 miles from Swaffham, i can vouch that the sun seems to rarely shine on me. Did they have special lighting installed?

Well, they DID for some of it, but funnily enough, only for the INTERNAL shots ! Guess it just wasn't bright enough all day to make it look as if it was sunny outside.
This photo was taken at about 6.30p.m. during last August. They filmed until 7p.m. every night - and I guess that when the natural light is going, it's a good time to shoot indoors if you can rig the huge lights outside. Until I saw this, I hadn't even thought about the lighting they'd have to use.
As for the external light (and sunshine), I think they were very lucky last summer. The weather was really good.
As you're so close to Swaffham it does seem odd that the sun didn't shine on you. X-D Maybe there's a special bit of sunshine that shines only on Stephen *sighs* - that would be appropriate.

shatzi

Posted Sat May 19th, 2007 4:28am Post subject: Future filming locations for Kingdom?
Any dates on filming for series 2?I may make it back to England again this summer and it'd be awesome to see any filming or actually spot Stephen or Tony!

trouser material

Posted Mon May 21st, 2007 7:08pm Post subject: Future filming locations for Kingdom?
But, sadly, i don't have a Norfolk accent

So if I should ever make it to Norfolk and I come across someone wearing a platinum blonde wig and speaking with a non-Norfolkian accent - is that you then ? What accent DO you have then if it´s not Norfolkian (actually, this is the wrong thread :-// )

My accent is quite well spoken, but not well spoken. I pronounce most of the letters in words, but do not have received pronounciation. Maybe a bit Southern, as i lived there a while too.