Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

rdefrees

Posted Tue Oct 13th, 2009 3:56pm Post subject: Gave me courage to 'out' self

Stephen's latest bit of news read in the newspaper about a letter written to a lovely lady gave me the courage to tell the world that I too suffer from Bipolar disorder. That was huge for me as have always hidden that bit from most.
I write a blog in my small town and give folks a slice of life as I see it. http://robertdefrees.blogspot.com/
I must tell true that I admire the man and always feel better after a visit here and it keeps me up on my Brit speak.
At 62 it was very near time I told what I should have ages ago, now I feel as giddy as a school boy, another closet door opened.

gjhsu

Posted Tue Oct 13th, 2009 5:03pm Post subject: Gave me courage to 'out' self

Nice blog! Despite the negative press Stephen seems to get, from things like the Poland comments, or his "over exposure, why won't he just get off the telly" that people like to poke at, it really is his kind personality that not only gives us as fans something to watch, snicker, and smile at, but also to look at his admittedly imperfect life, and know that he's just like one of us, only big, funny, and English

I completely appreciate your story.

rdefrees

Posted Tue Oct 13th, 2009 8:53pm Post subject: Gave me courage to 'out' self

Maybe that is why there are so many snide comments about Stephen, he is just like one of us and he just has the pluck to keep moving forward