keymaker

Posted Mon Dec 29th, 2008 6:46am Post subject: Gaza
Might I suggest we appoint a peace envoy? :-//

km

gjhsu

Posted Mon Dec 29th, 2008 11:02pm Post subject: Gaza
Might I suggest we appoint a peace envoy? :-//

km

Who are we kidding... it would never work. Apparently, the differences between two groups of people are so different that they need to constantly bicker about it. Like watching two cousins going at it at a family reunion...

I, for one, am tired of their slapping.

Maxx England

Posted Tue Dec 30th, 2008 5:37pm Post subject: Gaza
Damn fools, the lot of them. And if the Israelis had held back, made a song and dance about how much aid they were letting through or even increasing, at the same time as letting the outside world see the results of the rocket attacks, who knows?

But it's the Middle East and it won't get any better, at least until the oil runs out and nobody is interested in supplying arms to any of the loonies.

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

fryfan20

Posted Tue Dec 30th, 2008 7:42pm Post subject: Gaza
hey,
when I last heard the news I suddenly had to think of AHisme and now I am wondering how she is and if she is save, so if anyone knows anything...

I don't care any more who is right, just hope they stop this fighting soon. there can not be a winner in this, just less losers and that only can be if they stop fighting.

I am what I am

Occy

Posted Wed Dec 31st, 2008 1:23am Post subject: Gaza
She's around - saw her on MSN - pretty shook up I think, and considering enlisting (she may have no choice) - will point her to this thread.

IMO Israel is doing something that should have been done some time ago - but I have relatives in Israel, and a cousin on the front lines in Jerusalem.

AHisme

Posted Wed Dec 31st, 2008 7:07am Post subject: Gaza
hey,
when I last heard the news I suddenly had to think of AHisme and now I am wondering how she is and if she is save, so if anyone knows anything...

I don't care any more who is right, just hope they stop this fighting soon. there can not be a winner in this, just less losers and that only can be if they stop fighting.

Hey, I'm alright..
thank you for caring.
Emotionally it's tough.. but what can you do.

keymaker

Posted Wed Dec 31st, 2008 12:20pm Post subject: Gaza
IMO Israel is doing something that should have been done some time ago....
I wouldn't recommend it because it's a breach of international law.

km

Marvelon

Posted Wed Dec 31st, 2008 12:27pm Post subject: Gaza
And yet BBC news leads with Steven Gerard being arrested... yeah... very important

Occy

Posted Wed Dec 31st, 2008 1:07pm Post subject: Gaza
spout international whatever til you're blue in the face. When it's your family at risk, then come talk to me.

keymaker

Posted Wed Dec 31st, 2008 1:36pm Post subject: Gaza
spout international whatever til you're blue in the face. When it's your family at risk, then come talk to me.
Oh! No what I meant was that the enforcement of international law was a necessary step towards the cessation of violence and the protection of families.

km

fryfan20

Posted Wed Dec 31st, 2008 4:08pm Post subject: Gaza
hey,

Hey, I'm alright..
thank you for caring.
Emotionally it's tough.. but what can you do.

glad to hear that your okay.
I hope that they stop this nonsense soon and start talking again.
take care

I am what I am

joan

Posted Wed Dec 31st, 2008 10:06pm Post subject: Gaza
I try to think of it all this way...if I'd returned to my homeland, the NZ North Island, after centuries of discrimination worlldwide against my people, and the NZ South Island elected a government dedicated to hatred of my people, with a constitution denying my country the very right to exist, and then started chucking rockets at us..........I'd want to retaliate - especially if most of the countries around agreed silently or overtly with the South Island. In fact I'd want to ensure ALL of my people were trained militarily, including all the women.

I'd be very tough and say exactly what I thought, and reject all forms of bullshit - especially if the history of my people, 6 or 7 decades ago, had shown that silent endurance leads to gas chambers and genocide.

I would never give in.

keymaker

Posted Wed Dec 31st, 2008 10:18pm Post subject: Gaza
if I'd returned to my homeland, the NZ North Island, after centuries of discrimination worlldwide against my people, and the NZ South Island elected a government dedicated to hatred of my people, with a constitution denying my country the very right to exist, and then started chucking rockets at us..........I'd want to retaliate...
Absolutely, I take your point... I don't think the analogy holds up with Palestine but, yeah, who wouldn't want to defend themselves in that type of case.

km

IdeaCollector

Posted Thu Jan 1st, 2009 12:31am Post subject: Gaza
I've said it once before and I'll say it again, the issues run so much deeper than most people realize and as much as I love my Jewish friends, Jewish tradition etc. and think that the Jewish people were let down by the world in their time of greatest need, I still believe that what is happening is wrong and that there should be a free Palestine.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

joan

Posted Thu Jan 1st, 2009 7:15am Post subject: Gaza
I've said it once before and I'll say it again, the issues run so much deeper than most people realize and as much as I love my Jewish friends, Jewish tradition etc. and think that the Jewish people were let down by the world in their time of greatest need, I still believe that what is happening is wrong and that there should be a free Palestine.

Of course there should - but it won't happen until Palestine is free of Hamas, and free of the anti-Israel hatred that is taught to children from early infancy.