Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Occy

Posted Tue Jan 27th, 2009 1:19pm Post subject: Gaza appeal
Ahh your information comes from blogs - the worlds most accurate form of information!!

AuntieMe

Posted Tue Jan 27th, 2009 1:48pm Post subject: Gaza appeal
I write blogs, and as you would see if you had read mine, my sources are the best available.

AuntieMe

Posted Tue Jan 27th, 2009 1:50pm Post subject: Gaza appeal
Moreover some blogs are better than the BBC in impartiality, and certainly more humanitarian than mainstream media.
http://radio.weblogs.com/0116902/

Occy

Posted Tue Jan 27th, 2009 1:51pm Post subject: Gaza appeal
So you're basically pushing your own political agenda?

grand

AuntieMe

Posted Tue Jan 27th, 2009 2:04pm Post subject: Gaza appeal
I am basically pushing human values. You don't like those? You don't think the Palestinians women and children deserve human aid, I suppose. It looks like you are pushing your political views and even trying to prevent other people from giving humanitarian aid.
When even humanitarian aid is becoming a problem in what world do we live?

Gayalondiel

Posted Tue Jan 27th, 2009 2:09pm Post subject: Gaza appeal
Again, just because you hold your own values and beliefs doesn't mean everyone has to agree with you. I'm not going to go into what I do and don't agree with because we'll be here til the cows come home, but you have been rather agressively pointing out that anyone voicing an opinion counter to yours is talking "nonsense" or needs to "check the facts." That is an attacking stance, and I suspect that people tend to take the position opposing you not because they don't want peace and prosperity and little fluffy bunnies skipping through the meadows holding hands, but because you put their backs up when you insist that you're right and they're wrong, wrong, wrong, without even having attempted to foster a reasonable discussion on what their beliefs are.

AuntieMe

Posted Tue Jan 27th, 2009 2:22pm Post subject: Gaza appeal
The only thing you have to do is look at the facts. Isreal has used phosphor bombs on a civilian population, which amounts to war crimes. That is not an opinion, that is a fact.
If you deny these facts, you are as bad as the holocaust deniers.
If you try to prevent humanitarian aid, you are aiding and abetting the perpetrators of war crimes.
Hundreds of children have been killed, and you don't give a damn. Is that it?

Fiona

Posted Tue Jan 27th, 2009 2:42pm Post subject: Gaza appeal
Why doesn't the BBC do an appeal for people who are struggling to make ends meet in the UK BEFORE they go chucking money overseas YET AGAIN...

Have to say, this has been my view.

Occy

Posted Tue Jan 27th, 2009 3:18pm Post subject: Gaza appeal
The only thing you have to do is look at the facts. Isreal has used phosphor bombs on a civilian population, which amounts to war crimes. That is not an opinion, that is a fact.
If you deny these facts, you are as bad as the holocaust deniers.
If you try to prevent humanitarian aid, you are aiding and abetting the perpetrators of war crimes.
Hundreds of children have been killed, and you don't give a damn. Is that it?

Your facts have little or no basis and your comaprisons are created just to antagonise Jews. Anti-semite much? Poor attempt at trying to "shock" consciences.

You are accusing people who prefer to look after problems in their country first of being a party to supposed war crimes. Some people will agree with you for sure. Others will not - live with it - it's a free internet. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, however no one is entitled to shove it down anyones throat.

We are in the midst of a world financial crisis. People are losing their jobs, homelessness is rising - each country is best to keep their money in their country to help their people. I want my tax dollars going to old Bill who lives in a cardboard box on the freeway rather than an anonymous charity.

Hundreds of children BLAH BLAH BLAH. Hamas use innocent people as human shields and have always done this - why aren't you up in arms about that my dear? where were you when they were doing that in past conflicts? I didn't see you protesting the crimes against humanity perpetrated by Hamas. You aren't going to win THAT debate and neither will I. Opposing views n all.

War has casualties, it is shit but that is the facts of it. Live in a country with war and you might have a clue.

Why aren't you posting on arabic websites and encouraging the extremely rich sheiks to pour money into humanitarian aid?

BBC have made a decision and it is their right to., If you don't agree hit them where it hurts - switch off and don't watch the BBC. I did that with a radio station I found objectionable.

You've said your piece - you want Stephen to support your cause. He may well choose to but he is a big boy who can make his own decisions.

Did you have to resort to abuse from the outer?

Johnag

Posted Tue Jan 27th, 2009 3:24pm Post subject: Gaza appeal
I am basically pushing human values. You don't like those? You don't think the Palestinians women and children deserve human aid, I suppose. It looks like you are pushing your political views and even trying to prevent other people from giving humanitarian aid.
When even humanitarian aid is becoming a problem in what world do we live?

during my past career I went to many countries that have been at war with each other and it has always been the innocent that suffer, this is what is know as the casualties of war...

I have also delivered or tried to deliver aid to those that needed it the most and at first glance you see the needy collect the aid, however once either they or us went out of sight the rebels would move in and take everything for themselves...

Now you may wonder why I mention this, what has this got to do with Gaza...!!

Back why I first replied to this I said...: -
The people of Gaza only have themselves to blame really for this mess, if they stood together and put a stop to the actions of the terrorist's that come from and train in Gaza, then and only then should they get any help...

And if you re-read this you may start to understand just what this means...

You may think that writing on message boards/blogs will help change the world, you may even send £10 or whatever, will this ever change the REAL world, no, not until people actually get together and unite themselves and take a stand will we actually make a small change...

Until that day comes the innocent will always lose in war and against terrorists...

AuntieMe

Posted Tue Jan 27th, 2009 3:56pm Post subject: Gaza appeal
Yes, I know it's those blasted children and women who were killing Israelis by the thousands.
May I ask you one question? Why are you so disturbed about people wanting to provide humanitarian aid? Is it maybe because you'd rather want a few more hundred people, women and children, to die?
http://radio.weblogs.com/0116902/2009/01/19.html#a5988
If ever there was another humanitarian scandal it is this one. I am appalled at the reactions here.
Why does humanitarian aid annoy you so much? Just ask yourself that one question.

I have had my say. I have already donated. The 'chosen people' will have to make a choice. Toodle-oo.

Johnag

Posted Tue Jan 27th, 2009 5:30pm Post subject: Gaza appeal
I have had my say. I have already donated. The 'chosen people' will have to make a choice. Toodle-oo.

WOW, I can just feel the gratification oosing from you, I bet it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling too huh, and I guess you blanked everyone else's opinions in here too huh...

May I ask you a couple of small question's, have you ever actually ventured out into the real world, gone overseas to help in person and if something like this was to ever happen over in Africa, South America, you know those pesky third world countries, would you once again jump on your band wagon, or what would you do if it ever happened over here, you know women and children being killed by bombs...??

joan

Posted Wed Jan 28th, 2009 4:37am Post subject: Gaza appeal
I would not want to broadcast a Gaza appeal, because of the knowledge that Hamas would get hold of the money and spend it on more weapons.

We are all forgetting that Hamas, a deeply evil Taliban-like organisation, caused this trouble by firing at Israeli civilians, USING THEIR OWN CIVILIAN POPULATION AS HUMAN SHIELDS AGAINST RETAILATION, and continuing for weeks and weeks before Israel retaliated. Their constitution demands that Israel cease to exist.

We are also forgetting that the people of Gaza voted for them.

The plight of innocent Gazaens who did not vote for Hamas is tragic, but to help them is to help Hamas re-arm. As for as I'm concerned, anyone who voted for Hamas asked for what they got. They effectively voted for the anihilation of their neighbour. I would like to see the non-Hamas Gazaens given sanctuary, but where??? For all the Arab world's mouthiness against Israel, no-one seems to want the Palestinians.

An impossible dilemma that the BBC has understandably decided to have no part of.

thesenator

Posted Wed Jan 28th, 2009 7:17pm Post subject: Gaza appeal
I was surprised to learn that Israel censors military info and even banned international reporters from conflict areas. Here is an underground site called Israeli Uncensored News http://samsonblinded.org/news which runs some very odd reports.

Occy

Posted Thu Jan 29th, 2009 4:53am Post subject: Gaza appeal
strange that a fan of stephen signs up just to post this...