Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Nov 1st, 2007 6:05pm Post subject: Go Sports, Go!
RE: YANKEES...i'm so glad baseball still allows cussing.

i enjoy hearing screams of "SUCK MY DICK, DEREK JETER!" and so on.
not only does it get out one's frustration, but it supplies my mind with very entertaining images.

Pseudo_lawyer

Posted Thu Nov 1st, 2007 6:07pm Post subject: Go Sports, Go!
The brick work?

That and the ivy. But I just found an article that says Wrigley is a dump...in fact, someone said it smells of...get this...URINE AND VOMIT. Sound familiar???? X-D

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Nov 1st, 2007 6:09pm Post subject: Go Sports, Go!
RE: YANKEES...i'm so glad baseball still allows cussing.

i enjoy hearing screams of "SUCK MY DICK, DEREK JETER!" and so on.
not only does it get out one's frustration, but it supplies my mind with very entertaining images.

Swearing is necessary to sport, really. I believe that if a sport cannot fit the formula "(Verb), you bastard!" (or sounds stupid doing it) it is possibly not worth watching. Also there should be fighting. It's the best bit of hockey after all.

TobiasMonk

Posted Thu Nov 1st, 2007 6:09pm Post subject: Go Sports, Go!
Hehe-Boston fans call them Stankees. X-D
Wow, until now this has been a hidden facet of both of your personalities.
Toby like.

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Nov 1st, 2007 6:41pm Post subject: Go Sports, Go!
The brick work?

That and the ivy. But I just found an article that says Wrigley is a dump...in fact, someone said it smells of...get this...URINE AND VOMIT. Sound familiar???? X-D

been there several times and never experienced that.

i did experience many 80 year old women screaming, "CMON SUTCLIFFE, YOU FUCKING SUCK TODAY!"

EDITED: CR, i got really into hockey when i was in high school (oklahoma got a minor league started druing those years). i think if they took out the fighting, players would get massively injured through cheap shots!

Pseudo_lawyer

Posted Thu Nov 1st, 2007 7:54pm Post subject: Go Sports, Go!
Naw, I didn't really think it smelled of urine and vomit...at least not where the fans sit...no one would go there if that were the case. I just thought it was too much of a coincidence to not mention it...guess my ABOFL reference fell flat

Pseudo_lawyer

Posted Thu Nov 1st, 2007 7:56pm Post subject: Go Sports, Go!
BTW, banjo, feel better soon.

Take zinc and Vitamin C if you have them.

TobiasMonk

Posted Thu Nov 1st, 2007 8:01pm Post subject: Go Sports, Go!
Naw, I didn't really think it smelled of urine and vomit...at least not where the fans sit...no one would go there if that were the case. I just thought it was too much of a coincidence to not mention it...guess my ABOFL reference fell flat

Sorry Pseudo, I was in a Red Sox zone at that moment and listening to 2 screaming babies, but i getchya now! :-// X-D

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Nov 1st, 2007 8:17pm Post subject: Go Sports, Go!

OH!!! urrrrrine and voooooomit....
sorry!!

Pseudo_lawyer

Posted Thu Nov 1st, 2007 8:27pm Post subject: Go Sports, Go!

sorry!!

Eh, I should have made it clearer. Seriously, though, some former Cub did say Wrigley smelled that way. But wouldn't you expect that more at, oh, I don't know, say....Yankee Stadium?

Camden Yards is a nice-looking ball park too.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Nov 1st, 2007 8:31pm Post subject: Go Sports, Go!

sorry!!

Eh, I should have made it clearer. Seriously, though, some former Cub did say Wrigley smelled that way. But wouldn't you expect that more at, oh, I don't know, say....Yankee Stadium?

Camden Yards is a nice-looking ball park too.

Nothing beats the Green Monster!

Right then, I'll stop beating the Red Sox drum shall I?

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Nov 1st, 2007 8:38pm Post subject: Go Sports, Go!
i'd like to go to camden yards sometime.

i love going to different baseball parks. safeco is actually really nice and beautiful... every seat is a good view and you can watch the game even if you're in line for food, because there's no enclosed-creepy-tunnel thing. (at a loss for words today)

plus they have sushi. and fish and chips. and microbrews. (i know, posh)

what's it like to go to a cricket match? should i go to one if/when i go to england?
i think it would be pretty sweet to go to a sports event there.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Nov 1st, 2007 8:43pm Post subject: Go Sports, Go!

what's it like to go to a cricket match? should i go to one if/when i go to england?
i think it would be pretty sweet to go to a sports event there.

It's beer as far as the eye can see in my experience.

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Thu Nov 1st, 2007 8:57pm Post subject: Go Sports, Go!
yay, just like america.

are there hotdogs too? or some local equivalent?

Pseudo_lawyer

Posted Thu Nov 1st, 2007 9:14pm Post subject: Go Sports, Go!
I really don't understand anything about cricket, but I want to learn about it. Can anyone point me to some good websites with basic information about the game? I can't even say that I've seen more than a few seconds of a cricket match. I suppose watching a whole match might help.