Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Wed Nov 26th, 2008 3:53pm Post subject: Goals
I love the annual idea, sorry i haven't contributed much recently, my head hasn't been up to much recently

A competition does sound interesting but i see the complications because contributors here will be included and not everyone can win the competition. Maybe if the competition was for something that we would not contribute to, like the front cover or something along those lines? Its just an idea.

amberzak

Posted Wed Nov 26th, 2008 6:33pm Post subject: Goals
I love the annual idea, sorry i haven't contributed much recently, my head hasn't been up to much recently

A competition does sound interesting but i see the complications because contributors here will be included and not everyone can win the competition. Maybe if the competition was for something that we would not contribute to, like the front cover or something along those lines? Its just an idea.

Hey tallyg, it's okay, we understand. We all have our own lives to run too. I hope you are okay.

I would also like a apologise for the next few weeks. I have exams coming up, so need to concentraite on my university work. Will still be here, but that is why you might not have seen me so much.

Yes, that is the problem for a competition. I was originally thinking of doing a compeition as a seperate thing from the book all together, but thought we could incorporate the two. But maybe that isn't such a good idea. Maybe it should be a seperate thing. At then end of the day, any compeition winners don't really need to be published - it can just be put on the web. I have entered lots of comeptitions like this.

taluta

Posted Wed Nov 26th, 2008 9:07pm Post subject: Goals

Yes, that is the problem for a competition. I was originally thinking of doing a compeition as a seperate thing from the book all together, but thought we could incorporate the two. But maybe that isn't such a good idea. Maybe it should be a seperate thing. At then end of the day, any compeition winners don't really need to be published - it can just be put on the web. I have entered lots of comeptitions like this.

Hey there, good luck with exams!!!

Just a thought. We don't have to keep them separate. We could do as tallyg suggests.. Make the competition for something specific within the context of the book. ie.pictures/ artwork or poetry for a specific animal, as a global outcry or as a lament to the cities and/or environment or the cover design .. virtually anything, but if it is specific it makes it far less onerous!

'Tell them I came, and no one answered,
That I kept my word,' he said.
Ay, they heard his foot upon the stirrup,
And the sound of iron on stone,
And how the silence surged softly backward,
When the plunging hoofs were gone.

The Listeners
by Walter De La Mare

gadgetgirl

Posted Wed Nov 26th, 2008 11:28pm Post subject: Goals
I'm a bit unsure about connecting them - it could build in a "use by date" with the book. Mind you I guess we are after a limited run anyway.

*edit* hang on, I've misunderstood - you mean a competition for content in the book. Sorry, being dim.

That would be me.

amberzak

Posted Mon Dec 8th, 2008 2:14am Post subject: Goals
Apologies for being away for so long. Been hectic at University. After next week I will be back on again.

taluta

Posted Mon Dec 8th, 2008 7:00am Post subject: Goals
Apologies for being away for so long. Been hectic at University. After next week I will be back on again.

Hey there, not to worry. I think we are and have all been pretty darn busy. I am trying desperately to get some money in before xmas so we can have one.

Will speak soon.

'Tell them I came, and no one answered,
That I kept my word,' he said.
Ay, they heard his foot upon the stirrup,
And the sound of iron on stone,
And how the silence surged softly backward,
When the plunging hoofs were gone.

The Listeners
by Walter De La Mare