Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

sheepchrist

Posted Mon Apr 20th, 2009 9:19pm Post subject: God Bless The Pope
I wish the name of threads could be changed especially this one

every time I see its title I wince,.......

can't help it its involuntary

Maxx England

Posted Mon Apr 20th, 2009 9:30pm Post subject: God Bless The Pope
That was Corona, a somewhat direct communicator, but cross threading, a good one. But probably not best candidate for the diplomatic corps. Indeed, where are you old bean?

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

sheepchrist

Posted Wed Apr 22nd, 2009 9:10pm Post subject: God Bless The Pope
That was Corona, a somewhat direct communicator, but cross threading, a good one. But probably not best candidate for the diplomatic corps. Indeed, where are you old bean?

we possibly would have to be in the diplomatic corpse

Corona

Posted Mon Apr 27th, 2009 5:21pm Post subject: God Bless The Pope
I am still here. Thank you for calling me a good communicator. I know sometimes I am blunt but I was brought up to speak directly. It has not been easy. I have lost jobs and hurt people being direct but it is how I am made. I see what people write hear and I wish I was as good with words.

Maxx England

Posted Mon Apr 27th, 2009 7:01pm Post subject: God Bless The Pope
Well, there we go back to the Good Communication thread. Your lack of frills in the way you speak/write might well jar on someone used to hypocrisy as a way of life; personally, I find it a refreshing change and look forward to your all too rare appearances here.

Language is one of the tools of the mind, and reflects the circumstances of the user. If I remember well, your background is industrial and your language is, like an industrial process that is never revealed to the public, stripped back to an economic minimum entirely suited to turning out a product. It has no need of being dressed up or pretence at being something other.

You carry on being Corona-with-no-frills, what you see is what you get, and I haven't seen anything bad yet.

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

joan

Posted Wed May 6th, 2009 3:12am Post subject: God Bless The Pope
Here's the latest on our dissident priest and congregation in exile. The Pope should be worried as big changes happen in little ways:-

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,25434388-3102,00.html

joan

Posted Fri May 29th, 2009 8:16am Post subject: God Bless The Pope
......and yet more on my favourite dissident Catholic priest, and his assistant priest, and the assistant priest's son.........

http://www.abc.net.au/austory/specials/holierthan/default.htm

sheepchrist

Posted Tue Jun 2nd, 2009 10:51pm Post subject: God Bless The Pope
I’m not entirely sure I am with this priest.

I think all religions and religious cults have rules a bit like club rules with invented consequences. I don’t think he should remain a catholic priest if he is at such loggerheads with the Catholic Church and their theology.

Unfortunately I view all religions and religious sects with a large amount of suspicion and distaste so I’m probably the last person to comment.

Still better a dissident priest that a jobs worth soldier

joan

Posted Fri Jun 5th, 2009 8:13am Post subject: God Bless The Pope
Well, re the dissident priest - the plot thickens. He's now been barred from priestly duties - anywhere.....

I know he is supposed to obey the rules, but no-one does, these days. We use contraception, have sex outside of marriage, priests have girlfriends and kids on the quiet (or in the case of Fr Kennedy's offsider, openly), we accept gays and lesbians - in other words all the totally abnormal rules are cheerfully ignored by most Catholics, except the mediaeval-minded members of Opus Dei, who shopped Kennedy to the Vatican in the first place.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,25591944-5003402,00.html

joan

Posted Mon Jun 8th, 2009 2:23am Post subject: God Bless The Pope
And the plot continues:-
http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0,23739,25601567-3102,00.html