Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

IdeaCollector

Posted Wed Jun 4th, 2008 2:23am Post subject: Going forth to say goodbye
Early tomorrow morning I head to my grandparents house for a visit.

Yet I've not even started packing.

Perhaps I am trying to capture a moment where I know that my grandfather is still alive and in good spirits before heading out to see him for the last time.

Whatever the issue is...I'm going to need to take some valium, pack and buck up because if I don't...

Gosh.

See ya'll in a week unless I get a minute to pop in.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Wed Jun 4th, 2008 2:25am Post subject: Going forth to say goodbye
what's up? i have not heard about this, i am sorry eternal student.

IdeaCollector

Posted Wed Jun 4th, 2008 3:18am Post subject: Going forth to say goodbye
Yeah I tend to speak an awful lot and say very little...tis one of my flaws (and yes I do say tis in real life).

I've packed and if I dashed off to bed now I could get 7 hours but I feel I need to finish cleaning and pack a small carry on.

Plus I've got pills and vitamins to sort out.

But my grandfather is dying from a rare blood disease and we are incredibly close. In fact I'm the only one out of 3 children and 7 grandchildren and 5 great grandchildren who has brown hair and blue eyes like my grandfather. So I am going so that I get a pinch of vacation but mainly to say goodbye and its quite amazing how short one week seems when that's the end point.

Well back to cleaning.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Wed Jun 4th, 2008 6:30am Post subject: Going forth to say goodbye
"Have a nice trip" isn't really appropriate I know, but other long time forum posters will probably know that I understand deeply how you feel about your grandfather and I'm glad that you're going to see him.

IdeaCollector

Posted Wed Jun 4th, 2008 6:50am Post subject: Going forth to say goodbye
Me too even if I have decided at this juncture not to sleep tonight. Oh well, after I shower and maintain the dog and take out the trash it will be a mere 3 hours before waking up.

But yes I am very very glad to be going and as of a week ago did not know if it was even possible.

Soupy Twist

Posted Wed Jun 4th, 2008 7:21am Post subject: Going forth to say goodbye
Have a safe trip. It's good that you're having the chance to see him and say goodbye.

IdeaCollector

Posted Wed Jun 4th, 2008 7:56am Post subject: Going forth to say goodbye
Thanks

T-minus 4 hours and 6 minutes before my flight. *LOL*

Britannicus

Posted Wed Jun 4th, 2008 4:07pm Post subject: Going forth to say goodbye
Oh I am so sorry EternalStudent... It is so good that you are going to see him, though, not only for you but for him. I guess that's a good thing about knowing it's coming, everyone gets more of a chance to say goodbye and he gets to see his family around him with nothing but love.

"Your room...it's CLEAN!!!"
"I prayed to God...and...it happened...but...where's my million dollars and horse!? Damn it!"

amyl_nitrate

Posted Wed Jun 4th, 2008 4:22pm Post subject: Going forth to say goodbye
I'm sorry to hear about your grandfather EternalStudent. I'm glad to hear you'll be able to go see him and say goodbye to him and spend some time with him.

Assuming direct control...

Anonymous

Unregistered

Posted Wed Jun 4th, 2008 5:29pm Post subject: Going forth to say goodbye
I hate to say this but I love my grandparents more than my parents. I'm not only aware of the things they did for my pleasure and entertainment, but also for my education and the general building of my character and moral fibre. On the other hand I got a lot of my parents' negative qualities such as my mother's selfishness and quick temper, my dad's ineffectuality in argumentative situations and his tendency to bore with his anecdotes and general knowledge.
Yes I've been drinking. :'(

Maren

Posted Wed Jun 4th, 2008 5:44pm Post subject: Going forth to say goodbye
that's very sad, and I hope that - in spite of everything - you'll be both strong enough to have a good time together.

Zefla

Posted Wed Jun 4th, 2008 8:05pm Post subject: Going forth to say goodbye
I hope you have a safe journey and that your grandfather is okay once you get there. *hugs*

ysabella

Posted Thu Jun 5th, 2008 12:28am Post subject: Going forth to say goodbye
I hope it's a good trip that gives you lots of lasting memories.

JSKanga84

Posted Thu Jun 5th, 2008 3:35am Post subject: Going forth to say goodbye
I hope your visit is a good one, bittersweet though it will certainly be. You're very lucky to have gotten to know your grandparents-- it's good to know where you come from.

IdeaCollector

Posted Sun Jun 15th, 2008 2:09am Post subject: Going forth to say goodbye
Well I'm back...a little ill (head cold) and a bit bummed. We did everything I had set as my goals but he is in a sorry sorry state.

One minute he remembers who you are and is happy, the next minute he is furious b/c he can't figure out why people are moving into his house (my mum and I) and if we are moving in...he's moving out.

So tough on the whole.