Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

PamJH

Posted Tue May 19th, 2009 9:30pm Post subject: Good, bad or foolish parenting?

(i do have a friend who was stung by a jellyfish on the hoo hoo, and she had to sit outback on the porch spread eagled with gold bond medicated powder between her legs)

I'm sorry for your friend, but the way you wrote this is darn funny.

when she told me the story she acted it out...she was like 4 at the time it happened (older when she told me, lol)
and ran up the beach, pointing with both hands to her crotch,
and screaming:

"NEEDLES!!! NEEDLES!!! NEEEEEEEEDLES!!!"

This story just gets better and better.

It reminds me of a story a kindergarten teacher told me. She said she bought some hermit crabs for her students during spring break. She got them all ready in their tank for the kids for their first day back. One kid was there early, saw the tank and asked the teacher about them. He was so excited he ran out of the room screaming, "Mrs. X has crabs! She got 'em on spring break!"

ginj

Member *

Posted Tue May 19th, 2009 9:42pm Post subject: Good, bad or foolish parenting?
[
It reminds me of a story a kindergarten teacher told me. She said she bought some hermit crabs for her students during spring break. She got them all ready in their tank for the kids for their first day back. One kid was there early, saw the tank and asked the teacher about them. He was so excited he ran out of the room screaming, "Mrs. X has crabs! She got 'em on spring break!"
Yikes! I bet the office was flooded with phone calls from parents the next morning. X-D

michael

Posted Tue May 19th, 2009 9:49pm Post subject: Good, bad or foolish parenting?
CRABS!!! lol!

one time i was walking down the street and this guy, in his 20s, was walkin down the street in front of me, throwin a frisbee to his friend who was walkin down the OTHER side of the street. so they walked down the street throwing this frisbee over the traffic to each other

until the fella in front of me walked smack into a waist high parking sign post....

"HELLO I'M TACTILE !" is an anagram of my name

TobiasMonk

Posted Tue May 19th, 2009 11:10pm Post subject: Good, bad or foolish parenting?
Do you have nettles in America? If not nettles, I assume there's an analogue for them. Make sure your boys take care. I'm saying nothing more, OK? Not that I would have personal experience of the situation. At all. No.

yes we have em

i have stepped on em barefoot in a creek before

other things in america that would hurt if they came in contact with one's penis (or any other body part) include:

poison ivy
poison oak
poison sumac
the thorns of a locust tree
stinging jellyfish
fire ants
seed ticks
chiggers
snapping turtles
water moccasins
copperheads
catfish whiskers

Yeah, after looking at that list nettles don't seem so bad.

I cannot be awake for nothing looks to me as it did before, Or else I am awake for the first time, and all before has been a mean sleep.
Walt Whitman

michael

Posted Tue May 19th, 2009 11:46pm Post subject: Good, bad or foolish parenting?
yeah there's probly a reason this maneuver is called "the snapping turtle"

http://www.break.com/usercontent/2009/1/guy-perfor.....55357.html

michael

Posted Tue May 19th, 2009 11:49pm Post subject: Good, bad or foolish parenting?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OYPzsAxhnsQ

AIN'T THEY JUSTTHA CYOOTIST LITTLE THANGS!!!!

PamJH

Posted Tue May 19th, 2009 11:51pm Post subject: Good, bad or foolish parenting?
[
Yikes! I bet the office was flooded with phone calls from parents the next morning. X-D

The entire teaching staff was in hysterics apparently. I wish I'd been there to hear it. It's a good thing all the parents and kids adore that teacher. There'd be some 'splainin' to do, Ricky.

PamJH

Posted Tue May 19th, 2009 11:52pm Post subject: Good, bad or foolish parenting?
CRABS!!! lol!

one time i was walking down the street and this guy, in his 20s, was walkin down the street in front of me, throwin a frisbee to his friend who was walkin down the OTHER side of the street. so they walked down the street throwing this frisbee over the traffic to each other

until the fella in front of me walked smack into a waist high parking sign post....

Why don't I ever see cool stuff like this?