Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

amberzak

Posted Wed Apr 30th, 2008 10:17pm Post subject: Got to calm down
There is a guy I know, who used to work in the film industry (he is retired now) and is very well connected. He is a lovely man, who has been giving me a lot of support.

Anyway, we were chatting tonight, and he told me that he knows someone who is very good friends with Stephen Fry. Now, knowing how connected he is, it is very likely.

The problem is, he is not the sort of person who I could say 'arrange a meeting between me and Stephen' to. He has all these contacts, but he doesn't really arrange meetings if you ask for them.

I would so love to meet Stephen Fry though. Oh, such torture... Do I ask the guy I know if he can arrange a meet up. The biggest problem is that I do not want to ruin what I have with the guy I know, because at the moment he is getting me to edit some documentaries he has been commissioned to make, and that is a great career opportunity for me.

Oh life, with its cruel twists.

Soupy Twist

Posted Thu May 1st, 2008 7:40am Post subject: Got to calm down
I wouldn't ask him. It seems to me like he trusts you that you won't take advantage of his connections. Enjoy working for / with him, maybe some day such a meet-up will happen all by itself.

ClareBear

Posted Thu May 1st, 2008 8:42am Post subject: Got to calm down
I wouldn't ask either.

amberzak

Posted Thu May 1st, 2008 8:46am Post subject: Got to calm down
Cheers.

I am calmer now.

I am not going to ask him, as it seems silly to through away a career opportunity for sake of one meeting.

And you are right, I might end up meeting him naturally. I mean I have met lots of other people he knows just through him randomly inviting me along to a gathering.