Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Autumn

Posted Fri Sep 5th, 2008 12:11am Post subject: Great As Always... but
Great podcast as always, but far to short

I could listen to him talk about anything for hours, rant about compliance, or simply read from a phone book, it doesn't matter. Longer podcasts, please Mr. Fry?

TinaL

Posted Sun Sep 7th, 2008 7:45pm Post subject: Great As Always... but
why longer? I think he should feel free to make them as long as they turn out to be. no stress, no pressure.

fryfan20

Posted Sun Sep 7th, 2008 8:03pm Post subject: Great As Always... but
of course we always want more because Stephen is just great
but we are very fortunate that our hero is speaking to us, a lot of actors and other stars (can't find a better word) just do there job and never let there fans into there lives (what is there good right ) like Stephen does.
I want to thank Stephen for that

i just realise that I call Mr. fry Stephen like he is a friend of mine or even a equal. and he does make my feel like he is but of course I am not anything like him and not as good as he is.

I am what I am

Grant McGoldrick

Posted Mon Sep 8th, 2008 5:37pm Post subject: Great As Always... but
I think that we're entitled to call him Stephen, the point of these forums is the informality, isn't it? I mean, we're not asking him if he wants to go out for a drink or anything and, longer podcasts would be nice, but, he's a busy man, got a lot to do coincidentally, I can't wait for the new Series of QI, anyone know the launch date?

Lady S

Posted Tue Sep 9th, 2008 11:55pm Post subject: Great As Always... but
Exactement!

If I'm not with my boy, I would love to have Stephen read me a bedtime story! Or just listen to his podgram...

Nina73

Posted Wed Sep 10th, 2008 6:09am Post subject: Great As Always... but
I am laughing at all your comments but I have to say I do agree. I'd listen to him read an Indian takeaway menu... (imagine it... "vindaloo"...)

The following anecdote is meant as a compliment, I promise!!

I cannot sleep on planes. Whatever I try, I just can't. I tried drugs, I tried alcohol, I tried being sleep deprived before I even start... but each time I fly from NZ to Europe to spend time with my family I simply end up being awake for 48 hours straight (good thing about that is that jetlag isn't much of a problem. Believe me, you'll sleep). But last year I found the solution to my problem! I listened to Stephen read Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I switched it on at chapter 1 in New Zealand, heard about half a chapter... and then woke up in Singapore at chapter 6. Perfect. (Remind me not to listen to audiobooks on long distance drives...)

So yeah, I agree, I wouldn't mind a longer podcast... but then I'm happy to listen to anything available!