Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Kid Calamity

Posted Wed Sep 10th, 2008 7:12pm Post subject: Greetings
Hello, everyone!

I have been here before. It was quite a while ago and well... I er, forgot my log in details and all that... so, sort of gave up.

Anyway, I have now re-registered and have slid back into the comfy armchair I vacated all those years ago. Somebody has clearly been keeping it warm for me - though the half-drunk cup of tea i left on the coffee table now has a rather unappetising crust of fur on its surface.

Shyamz

Posted Wed Sep 10th, 2008 7:32pm Post subject: Greetings
Well hello again.

I can't even begin to imagine the number of login details I've forgotten since getting my computer, so I know what that's like.

Kid Calamity

Posted Wed Sep 10th, 2008 9:40pm Post subject: Greetings
Probably an age thing in my case. I'm still ripping the place apart, trying to find a container of blank DVDs I put down whilst trying to multitask a couple of days ago.

Okay, I must sort out an avatar thingy.

Pip pip.

Kid Calamity

Posted Wed Sep 10th, 2008 9:46pm Post subject: Greetings
Hmmm... I can see that I'm going to have to give my avatar image some consideration. As I type it's looking a bit on the large side. Still, there's nothing like starting off with something that's as likely to kick off debate and divide a nation (at least) than god old Marmite®.

So, where do we all stand on the succulent yeast spread? Do people who like Stephen fry also favour Marmite? Or is it generally considered Satan's poo?

amyl_nitrate

Posted Wed Sep 10th, 2008 10:03pm Post subject: Greetings
Marmite is divine. I especially like putting it on toast with peanut butter. A truly heavenly combination.

Assuming direct control...

ClareBear

Posted Wed Sep 10th, 2008 11:12pm Post subject: Greetings
Marmite>>>>>>>>>all.

IdeaCollector

Posted Wed Sep 10th, 2008 11:40pm Post subject: Greetings
i cannot eat marmite b/c that much yeast in one location is totally poison to me.

I used to be EternalStudent on these forums until the switch over. So don't get excited..I'm not someone new and exciting. I'm just me :P

Kid Calamity

Posted Thu Sep 11th, 2008 8:10am Post subject: Greetings
How about if I spread it about a bit?

joan

Posted Thu Sep 11th, 2008 9:14am Post subject: Greetings
Oh yukkkk. Marmite is like Vegemite - a sort of edible masochism, satanic excrement, and just not at all nice. However, I did read in my gardening book, that if you place some in water in the bottom of a plastic bottle, add urine, and then cut a hole in the bottle and suspend it in a fruit tree, it kills the Queensland fruit fly........

Kid Calamity

Posted Thu Sep 11th, 2008 9:46am Post subject: Greetings
Sounds delicious!

...does it come as a spread, too?

Sidthespid

Posted Thu Sep 11th, 2008 11:41am Post subject: Greetings
Marmite is the stuff of legend.

I wonder if Stephen likes Marmite?

Marmite in hOvis white extra thick sliced.

*drool*

Kid Calamity

Posted Thu Sep 11th, 2008 4:10pm Post subject: Greetings
Right. I've removed the Marmite jar avatar (that wasn't meant to rhyme, I do it all the time) so none of the above makes any sense, any more.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri Sep 12th, 2008 12:56pm Post subject: Greetings
Oh yukkkk. Marmite is like Vegemite - a sort of edible masochism, satanic excrement, and just not at all nice. However, I did read in my gardening book, that if you place some in water in the bottom of a plastic bottle, add urine, and then cut a hole in the bottle and suspend it in a fruit tree, it kills the Queensland fruit fly........

That's interesting. Are you going to try it. Do you want to though? Why would you want to kill a fly anyway is it a pest?

mmm vegemite is scrummy too.

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Fri Sep 12th, 2008 3:58pm Post subject: Greetings
Remember that ad with Paddington bear offering a bit of his marmite sandwich to a pidgeon? Did not seem to agree with that poor bird - my reaction to marmite exactly X-D (I reckon you have to be brought up on it to like it - which I wasn´t, for the obvious reason But yeast dumplings and baked yeast buns with vanilla sauce are yummy, sorry I´m digressing :-// )

amyl_nitrate

Posted Fri Sep 12th, 2008 4:25pm Post subject: Greetings
I was never brought up on marmite sadly, no one in my family likes it. I was introduced to it (Vegemite initially then marmite) by my ex and his family.