Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

treasaint

Posted Wed Mar 18th, 2009 9:41am Post subject: Guidance would be gratefully received!
Greetings on this glorious morning in Old London Town! I am new to this (a virgin one could say!), but just adore Stephen - he is currently top of my list of people with whom I would most like to dine! Pointers for getting started would be great! ( I am also new to Twitter and that's another mystery so far!)

Have a happy day!

LOL Trea xxx

PamJH

Posted Wed Mar 18th, 2009 11:26am Post subject: Guidance would be gratefully received!
You can start anywhere. I began with the games; many of us enjoy those. If you like Mr. Fry's books and movies, there are threads for those, too. The musings threads are fun, too; they're just random thoughts on a variety of topics. Have fun and welcome!
I'm quite new to Twitter myself, so others will have to offer advice on that.

Help

Posted Wed Mar 18th, 2009 12:06pm Post subject: Guidance would be gratefully received!
Hello
Well try and find topics on things you're interested in and feel free to add your opinion.
Also what's your name on Twitter?
I think the majority of people on here who use Twitter all Tweet each other.
Anyways, enjoy your stay

treasaint

Posted Wed Mar 18th, 2009 12:57pm Post subject: Guidance would be gratefully received!
You can start anywhere. I began with the games; many of us enjoy those. If you like Mr. Fry's books and movies, there are threads for those, too. The musings threads are fun, too; they're just random thoughts on a variety of topics. Have fun and welcome!
I'm quite new to Twitter myself, so others will have to offer advice on that.

I do not feel quite so alone now!

lol Trea xx

Nitro

Posted Thu Mar 19th, 2009 12:57am Post subject: Guidance would be gratefully received!
Welcome!

Anywhere's a great start. There's lots of interesting folks and topics to participate in. Occasionally the troll with nothing but petty remarks or snide insinuations to offer will pop up, but they're pretty rare. The majority are really friendly and insightful.

Really? Wow.

treasaint

Posted Thu Mar 19th, 2009 9:32am Post subject: Guidance would be gratefully received!
Welcome!

Anywhere's a great start. There's lots of interesting folks and topics to participate in. Occasionally the troll with nothing but petty remarks or snide insinuations to offer will pop up, but they're pretty rare. The majority are really friendly and insightful.

for your response! I am beginning to get the hang of this. Twitter is still unfathomable because what is the point of saying what you are doing if no one is reading what you are up too!!

Have a happy day.

Txxx

ginj

Member *

Posted Thu Mar 19th, 2009 11:51am Post subject: Guidance would be gratefully received!
Welcome. I hope you are looking around and enjoying yourself. This is one of the nicest, friendliest forums I have visited, but I guess that is not surprising considering their "leader" (for lack of a better word). And if you aren't comfortable on Twitter, don't worry about it. I actually like it, because I like the fact that they are short messages. It's just a fun kind of thing you can catch up on in a few minutes between other jobs.

treasaint

Posted Thu Mar 19th, 2009 2:31pm Post subject: Guidance would be gratefully received!
Welcome. I hope you are looking around and enjoying yourself. This is one of the nicest, friendliest forums I have visited, but I guess that is not surprising considering their "leader" (for lack of a better word). And if you aren't comfortable on Twitter, don't worry about it. I actually like it, because I like the fact that they are short messages. It's just a fun kind of thing you can catch up on in a few minutes between other jobs.

I am getting used to Twitter et al now! Thanks for your encouragement!

Txx

Maxx England

Posted Thu Mar 19th, 2009 4:06pm Post subject: Guidance would be gratefully received!
Welcome. This is one of the nicest, friendliest forums I have visited, but I guess that is not surprising considering their "leader" (for lack of a better word).

Is patron more appropriate? Or even matron? Guru? Mahatma Fry has a pleasing incongruity.

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

Jarus

Posted Thu Mar 19th, 2009 11:22pm Post subject: Guidance would be gratefully received!
Welcome to to the forum! As for where to start just take your pick from any of the sub-forums and you're sure to strike gold. We're generally a friendly bunch...except when we enter the Zero Room where the red mist descends

Also I like calling Stephen the 'Leader' and I suggest we use this chant to better show our respect to him:

Na-na-na-na-na-na-na-na Leader!
Leader! Leader...
Batman! ... I mean Leader!

Quite disappointed I couldn't find the above on Youtube...

PamJH

Posted Thu Mar 19th, 2009 11:46pm Post subject: Guidance would be gratefully received!

Also I like calling Stephen the 'Leader' and I suggest we use this chant to better show our respect to him:

Leader! Leader...
Batman! ... I mean Leader!

Quite disappointed I couldn't find the above on Youtube...

I know precisely what you're talking about - we have that episode on DVD.

Julia from Bristol

Posted Fri Mar 20th, 2009 10:07am Post subject: Guidance would be gratefully received!
Welcome Treasaint!

I'm a nubie too! Congratulations on sticking with Twitter! I chickened out & came out completely confused!

I've found by popping into threads (even those you don't know anything about) gives you a great bunch of people to chat to etc. Mind, like Twitter, you sometimes don't get any replies but you know they are there!

I have a cunning plan!