Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Help

Posted Sat Feb 7th, 2009 12:07pm Post subject: ha you alrite then
I love British accents far and wide - especially lord help me - Geordie accents

That's because they're the best accents, obviously

Occy

Posted Sat Feb 7th, 2009 12:13pm Post subject: ha you alrite then
There's just something dead sexy about a Geordie!

Jarus

Posted Sat Feb 7th, 2009 12:46pm Post subject: ha you alrite then
(Laura) (Help)(James May) whomever,
Please do not take this as criticism, perhaps more constructive, would you be offended if I said that your profile picture is somewhat distracting when attempting to read your post. If by chance you are offended then I apologize, if not, perhaps you could enlighten me as to how to stop the face flashing. Not being one who is very literate in the ways of technology then I would appreciate a few tips. If tharts alrite then gal.
With kindest intentions
Cecily

Download Firefox - Tools - Add-ons - Search Ad-Block - Install and then rightclick the offending image and block it. I'm sure there are ways of doing it in other browsers, but I mainly use Firefox.

Help

Posted Sat Feb 7th, 2009 12:48pm Post subject: ha you alrite then
(Laura) (Help)(James May) whomever,
Please do not take this as criticism, perhaps more constructive, would you be offended if I said that your profile picture is somewhat distracting when attempting to read your post. If by chance you are offended then I apologize, if not, perhaps you could enlighten me as to how to stop the face flashing. Not being one who is very literate in the ways of technology then I would appreciate a few tips. If tharts alrite then gal.
With kindest intentions
Cecily

Download Firefox - Tools - Add-ons - Search Ad-Block - Install and then rightclick the offending image and block it. I'm sure there are ways of doing it in other browsers, but I mainly use Firefox.

Ahh it's okay, don't bother with all that, I'll just change it

Occy

Posted Sat Feb 7th, 2009 1:07pm Post subject: ha you alrite then
zomg! *humps your avatar*

Help

Posted Sat Feb 7th, 2009 1:56pm Post subject: ha you alrite then
zomg! *humps your avatar*

Ha!
I feel we may have to share him.

Occy

Posted Sat Feb 7th, 2009 2:08pm Post subject: ha you alrite then
indeedy! mrowl - he's like stephen but...dumb!

Help

Posted Sat Feb 7th, 2009 2:12pm Post subject: ha you alrite then
indeedy! mrowl - he's like stephen but...dumb!

He's not dumb, he's just a bit slow, special if you will.
He knows lots about little, where as Stephen knows lots about everything.
I also (getting back to the accents) really like the way James says "pounds"

Occy

Posted Sat Feb 7th, 2009 2:50pm Post subject: ha you alrite then
i could listen to him read a telephone book frankly

Maxx England

Posted Sat Feb 7th, 2009 3:40pm Post subject: ha you alrite then
i could listen to him read a telephone book frankly

Any man who is a fan of the C200 is friend of mine, but a telephone directory? My dear, I think the heat is beginning to tell

The only way is forward. Now where's the bar?

Occy

Posted Sun Feb 8th, 2009 1:08am Post subject: ha you alrite then
PFFT! I just like British accents. What is the one tony slattery does on Kingdom cause for all that I adore him Im not so hot for it.

cecily

Posted Sun Feb 8th, 2009 3:48pm Post subject: ha you alrite then
PFFT! I just like British accents. What is the one tony slattery does on Kingdom cause for all that I adore him Im not so hot for it.

The character 'Sidney' played very well, by Tony Slattery is actually speaking his part with a Norfolk accent. Norfolk accents are extremely difficult to emulate, unless of course you are a Norfolk person, not a *UFL (up from London) for the weekend, but a true Norfolk person. Suffice to say occassionaly the accent does seem a tad off course, but this does not detract from their marvellous acting capabillities.
So if you ever have the opportunity of listening to a good ole norfolk accent, then dive in and listen, its wonderful.
*UFL's seem to populate our North Norfolk coast and believe themselves to be an important part of our County, but as the majority purchase the cottages etc for weekends only, and use them during high days and holidays, our coastal villages are worse than graveyards on a bleak foggy november evening, when there is no one in residence. I know I should really have posted this part in the Zero Room..........................................

"Luxury must be comfortable, otherwise it is not luxury"

Occy

Posted Mon Feb 9th, 2009 4:45am Post subject: ha you alrite then
I found his accent a bit "hi de hie" (sp) but if thats the norfolk accent so be it

cecily

Posted Wed Feb 11th, 2009 11:29pm Post subject: ha you alrite then
I found his accent a bit "hi de hie" (sp) but if thats the norfolk accent so be it
No offence to Mr Slattery but the Norfolk accent is very difficult to emulate and he has unfortunately not quite got it. So 'hi de hi' is not how the lovely Norfolk accent sounds. There was a small article in our local Eastern Daily Press yesterday proclaiming that if Stephen loved Norfolk so much then he should make sure the actors in Kingdom sound local.............but then again people are entitled to their own opinions, albeit even if they choose to write into the EDP, rather than the producers of Kingdom.

"Luxury must be comfortable, otherwise it is not luxury"