Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Dalliard

Posted Tue Oct 7th, 2008 5:53am Post subject: Harry Enfield Wibbly Kingdom
Has Stephen given Harry & Paul a slap for this yet?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=FxGei8dmaVw

ClareBear

Posted Tue Oct 7th, 2008 12:00pm Post subject: Harry Enfield Wibbly Kingdom
I'd love to know where they got the TE21 from.

amyl_nitrate

Posted Wed Oct 8th, 2008 5:23pm Post subject: Harry Enfield Wibbly Kingdom
As annoying as that series is (As much as I've liked them in other stuff I don't like the Ruddy Hell series at all) I have to agree with what was said at the beginning about pretending England's all lovely and wibbly. Market Shipbrough doesn't look any town I've been to. I've never been anywhere where everyone knows each other and are friendly to each other. It looks nice too. No rubbish, no boarded up buildings here, there and everywhere, no obligatory smashed up bus stops and phone booths, no abandoned shops or parks full of gangs and graffiti. The rest of that video had my head banging trying to understand what was being said. Owwies! :'(

Assuming direct control...

Zaphod

Posted Wed Oct 8th, 2008 10:53pm Post subject: Harry Enfield Wibbly Kingdom
While Swaffham is by no means a perfect town, the parts of it that you see in "Kingdom" is what you get. There is no special effort made to appear as anything that it is not. I feel that the other towns which are used as parts of "Market Shipborough" are equally "As seen".

Come visit Norfolk, you may be pleasantly surprised!

Dalliard

Posted Fri Oct 10th, 2008 9:26am Post subject: Harry Enfield Wibbly Kingdom
Much as I love SF I thought it was hilarious, if a bit cheeky as a piss-take of his famed reliance on well-spoken smutty talk for easy laughs.

Occy

Posted Sat Oct 11th, 2008 3:23am Post subject: Harry Enfield Wibbly Kingdom
'twinings twinings* - *snort*

TinaL

Posted Sat Oct 11th, 2008 5:10pm Post subject: Harry Enfield Wibbly Kingdom
The video is not available in germany. So what exactly is it about? About Kingdom trying to show an England that doesn't exist??? Something else?
Would be nice if you told me

@bertawooster

cecily

Posted Tue Aug 11th, 2009 11:44am Post subject: Harry Enfield Wibbly Kingdom

Swaffham, Aylsham, Dereham, Booton, Reepham, Fakenham, I could go on mentioning other Norfolk towns, but will not. Living in Norfolk we are very fortunate, of course we have our less than roses round the door side of each town, village etc. but on the whole what you see on Kingdom and the locations really are like that, and yes Norfolk people are friendly, will help and in general just a wonderful place to live. As Zaphod mentioned, do visit Norfolk and see for yourselves, you will be welcomed either in the towns, villages, seasides, it really is paradise here.

"Luxury must be comfortable, otherwise it is not luxury"

Gertrude Susanne

Posted Tue Aug 11th, 2009 3:49pm Post subject: Harry Enfield Wibbly Kingdom

cecily said:
Swaffham, Aylsham, Dereham, Booton, Reepham, Fakenham, I could go on mentioning other Norfolk towns, but will not. Living in Norfolk we are very fortunate, of course we have our less than roses round the door side of each town, village etc. but on the whole what you see on Kingdom and the locations really are like that, and yes Norfolk people are friendly, will help and in general just a wonderful place to live. As Zaphod mentioned, do visit Norfolk and see for yourselves, you will be welcomed either in the towns, villages, seasides, it really is paradise here.

I could not agree more!! I spend time in Norfolk every time I visit the UK (used to visit N more frequently while living in the UK) and people really make you feel welcome, no matter where you go (I´ve been to Swaffham, just LOVE the charity shops there because I ALWAYS find miniature items for my mum´s doll house and it is indeed very clean, Cromer, Great Yarmouth, Wells-next-the-Sea, Hunstanton, King´s Lynn, Norfolk Lavender (wherever that may be) and Norwich, perfect place for X-mas shopping!). The landscape is magnificent, and the coastline too beautiful for words to describe. I hope I´ll be able to spend longer periods of time in Norfolk when I´m retired :o))
Video cannot be viewed in Austria either :o(