Topic RSS | Reply to topic
Author Post

Canzonett

Posted Wed Aug 22nd, 2007 6:59pm Post subject: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Discussion (Spoilers!)
Brilliant. I love Kreacher's embrace and the enamoured Snitch.

Liked the book, apart from the schmaltzy, yet somewhat uninformative epilogue. But I was really upset about the death of you-know-who (not You-Know-Who, but you-know-who, the two who managed to reproduce ...). If you let major characters die, you could at least grant them a decent death scene.

Crazy_in_a_box

Posted Thu Aug 23rd, 2007 1:55am Post subject: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Discussion (Spoilers!)
Ah but I think the point of their sudden and unexplained death is the shock factor, its to knock your socks off and make you feel robbed with no explaination as there is never a reasonable explaination or justification for death in a war. the fact that it happened and nothing more is said about it speaks more for their death then an all out death scene played out over a few chapters.....

amyl_nitrate

Posted Sat Aug 25th, 2007 8:52pm Post subject: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Discussion (Spoilers!)
This ranks up there with Prisoner of Azkaban, Goblet of Fire and Order of Phoenix as one of the best books in my opinion. Brilliant and gripping. No boring bits, everything was coming at you constantly left, right and centre.

I was sad to see some of my favourite characters die - Lupin, Tonks and Fred.

Loved seeing Neville taking charge so much at Hogwarts in the absence of the trio and when he killed Negini with the sword! \m/ \m/

I really liked reading about the tales and legends behind the Deathly Hallows.

I also really liked the dark tone of the book reading about what's going on in the wizarding world since Voldemort took over. We knew it would be bad but seeing it happen was another thing.

I thought the names Harry and Ginny chose for their children to be a bit sappy and too sugary for my tastes.

Yes, poor Snape. Crying over Lilly's letter *sob* For me the Dumbledore story was the icing on an already excellent cake and it was great to see how in the end all added up. The chapter with SnapeĀ“s memories had me glued to my sofa.

The backstory for Dumbledore was excellent. Just what I've been waiting for. It was great to finally see everything explained and all the threads brought together. The Snape chapter really left me fulfilled. After Snape flew out the window I lost all hope of there being anything more to him. I thought oh well so he's totally bad then. Well.

By the way, were any of the spoilers you stumbled over during the past weeks accurate?

I saw ZERO spoilers!

I think its time that I posted this then....

http://fc01.deviantart.com/fs18/f/2007/215/b/1/Dea.....Sheana.gif

Brilliant! I love all the Weasley kids in the last panel!

Assuming direct control...

Catt_H

Posted Sun May 18th, 2008 5:24pm Post subject: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Discussion (Spoilers!)
thought it was a good book, but i've always wondered what would happen if one used the hair of a dead person in polyjuice potion.... would they die permenantly, would they die for the duration of the transformation, or would they assume the appearance of the dead person living?

shame i cant ask JK herself really, but i never have worked out how to contact famous people without incurring their wrath with my idiotic questions